Snook lic requirements

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
Xpierrat
Old Salt

Snook lic requirements

Post by Xpierrat »

So okay I have a normal lic and have the Snook permit addition.... But what about those that fish a Pier that covers the lic part???? does the pier also cover the Snook permit? or do you need the Full lic? Can you get just the snook part?

Since the shoreline part is gone....or is it???

Just wondering sine Season is coming soon.... I hope.
Rick

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Re: Snook lic requirements

Post by diggin4grouper »

:stupid:

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

:stupid: & :stupid:
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

jettypark28 wrote: A pier license won't cover a tarpon tag or snook permit for the fishermen
8) Post the link that gave you this info about the Snook.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

The law states that if you are required to have a saltwater license you are required to have a snook stamp to keep one . Unless something has changed.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) And on a pier that has a blanket license, customers are not required to have a license. There is no sure correct answer until we are given one by those in charge.
Time to call Tallahassee and find out.

helm
Weekend Warrior

Post by helm »

I tried to find the answer using the URLs below but was unable to. Not convinced the answer isn't here somewhere.

https://www.flrules.org/gateway/Browse.asp

https://www.flrules.org/gateway/Division.asp?DivID=348

:nilly:

helm
Weekend Warrior

Post by helm »

I made one more attempt to answer your question by going to the URL shown. Section 6 shows a pier license but does not address your question. The answer to your question may be on here but I did not see it. Am going to go to the river now and scout out a fishing spot.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 9.354.html

helm
Weekend Warrior

Post by helm »

It's a curse......
Made one more attempt to answer this question at this URL and still did not see the answer. Guess Zebco is right about asking Talahasee.....
Now am going to the river.

http://myfwc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/myfwc ... _topview=1

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

ok i found the ruling and i have to say i was wrong when i agreed to the above , but here it is ,,,,,

You do not need a saltwater fishing license or a snook or spiny lobster *permit if...

You have been accepted as a client for developmental services by the Department of Children and Family Services. The department must furnish proof to such clients.

You fish from a for-hire vessel (guide, charter, party boat) that has a valid vessel license.

You fish from a vessel, the operator of which has a valid vessel license issued in the name of the operator of the vessel.

You fish for recreational purposes from a pier with a valid pier saltwater fishing license.

You have a valid saltwater products license.

You fish for mullet in fresh water and you have a valid Florida freshwater fishing license.

You are a resident who is saltwater fishing from land or a structure fixed to land who has been determined eligible for the food stamp, temporary cash assistance, or Medicaid Program by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). Proof of identification and a benefit issuance or program identification card issued by DCFS or the Agency for Health Care Administration must be on your person when fishing.

NOTE: just buy a license and support the fishery ,would be the better thing to do any ways i get mine every year , license - snook stamp - lobster and im covered no matter what ..........

offtrackk
Old Salt

Post by offtrackk »

diggin4grouper wrote:
NOTE: just buy a license and support the fishery ,would be the better thing to do any ways i get mine every year , license - snook stamp - lobster and im covered no matter what ..........

BETTER SAFE THE SORRY AND Supports the fishery! better safe then sorry !
team BLACKFIN TUNA!!!!!!

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Jettyfart is still a googan.

helm
Weekend Warrior

Post by helm »

Thanks Diggin for finding the answer to this question.
Attaching the URL for Jettypark so he can enlighten the FWC people he talks about.

http://myfwc.com/License/LicPermit_Recr ... htm#exempt

:toast:

helm
Weekend Warrior

Post by helm »

This same URL also says that the exemption from needing a Snook and Spiny Lobster permit does not include Tarpon....you would still need a tarpon tag when fishing from a pier.

:toast:

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

8) You just look more the G a Y googanese jettyfart every single time you pretend to know something. People laugh at you when they talk about you. You should stop pretending you mean anything and just go hunt some freshwater carp. You are like the houndfish that gets slapped against the deck.

This thread has been answered.

For the rest of you all, happy hunting on the Snookies. :wink:

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Look if you fish for snook you should support Florida and get a license and Snook stamp, its the right thing to do.

as for the law and a pier the pier would from my understanding be required to have a Snook Stamp on there license as does Anglins Pier.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

I got a Snook stamp this year just because. They even told me at BP when I renewed it the season was closed and I didn't need one. I look at it as cheap insurance.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

dmoore65
Fisher

Post by dmoore65 »

Just Bought My Saltwater Licenses And Snook Permit Online At FWC For $30, They Give You A Temporary Number To Use Until Your Physical Licenses Show Up In The Mail
Fish For A Man, He'll Eat For A Day, But If You Teach That Man To Fish, He'll Never Go Hungry.

MrWesson
Fisher

Post by MrWesson »

old topic but in Naples the pier covers your fishing license and snook permit.. it says so on the entrance so I bet the answer is it it depends on the pier.

Xpierrat
Old Salt

Post by Xpierrat »

regardless if all the pissing contest post.......

fishingfool correctly answered the question in the 5th post "The law states that if you are required to have a saltwater license you are required to have a snook stamp to keep one . "

Digging added the FWC links for further clarification.........

as long as the pier has a valid lic then the paying customer does not need a lic or snook stamp. I am not even sure that the pier has to have a snook stamp but it is a nice touch if they do........

BTW at age 65 since you are no longer required to have a lic then you are also not required to have the snook stamp.... I guess there are some advantages to getting old.... LOL
Rick

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

I have been wondering that question for a long time Rick. Thanks to everybody that got down to the bottom of it.
Rob, sleep is good for you brother!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Yeah Russ I even got robbed of that. I don't sleep, I pass out after being up usually for days. Good Scotch help's (Thanks again Rob) :mrgreen:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”