Permit Fishing (NO)

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Permit Fishing (NO)

Post by crashmister »

I'll have a draft letter posted up in a few day's. This is the same group of charter boat captains that were responsible for the mess we have now.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Yeah they are out of control

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

thats cow poop 100% hey guys just wait for it but pretty soon im willing to bet we wont be able to use a hook with a barb
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

crashmister wrote:I'll have a draft letter posted up in a few day's. This is the same group of charter boat captains that were responsible for the mess we have now.
which charter boat captains? sorry if it seems like a googan question, its so silly how they really want to take fishing away little by little, makes me want to puke!! :thumbdown:
There's no such thing as too much bait!!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

It is generally the flats guides and especially the fly guides. They are the biggest anti permit kill guys down there. I stopped talking to a few of them after I got ripped on for killing their precious rare jacks of the the flats. I think they are just pissed because I can catch more permit on a decent day on the bridges than they can all year.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

fishnfool73 wrote:It is generally the flats guides and especially the fly guides. They are the biggest anti permit kill guys down there. I stopped talking to a few of them after I got ripped on for killing their precious rare jacks of the the flats. I think they are just pissed because I can catch more permit on a decent day on the bridges than they can all year.
I see where your coming from, heck if I catch one and its legal to keep, I'm keeping it!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

I get a great feeling releasing big permit and only keep smaller 10-15 lb ones now if I have no snapper in the cooler to eat. However I think that there is nothing wrong with the current rules and see no reason for them to be shutdown all together. That is the reason they lump them in wiith bonefish and tarpon. They say well neither of those is good to eat and both bring lots of tourist dollars to the Keys so add on permit and no one will oppose it. It is all nothing more than special intrest guides forcing this garbage on us.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

chris21
KING MACKEREL

Post by chris21 »

fishnfool73 wrote: It is all nothing more than special intrest guides forcing this garbage on us.
yeah! exactly!

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

The guides and commercial fisherman are all about the same. They think we should subsidize the business they are in by limiting what you can keep and eat. While acting as though they are concerned about the fish.
I dont agree with or trust them, but when they are having people in Tallahassee pushing their propaganda their voice gets heard. Meanwhile rec fisherman never organize.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

its false info from people who dont know its a big group the tarpon and bonefish found. one thing dose anyone really think tarpon and bonefish are on the decline i dont. and last time i looked the state recored for permit was in ft,lauderdale and the other one was in lake worth

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”