Get ready, listen to the meeting and then voice your opinion

This area is all about things that can affect the Boatless-Land Fisherman as to State and Local Regulations, Rules that pertain to areas that we may fish and enviromental issues that we need to get involved in. Please read these posts and get invovled. We are stonger in Numbers.
cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Get ready, listen to the meeting and then voice your opinion

Post by cudaman »

Get ready for some more changes in the possession/size limits and or new closed seasons.

Federal Fishery Managers to Address

South Florida Management Issues

Initial committee meeting scheduled for February 25, 2013

via webinar and open to the public

The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council and the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council have established a joint committee to address South Florida management issues. The committee will discuss fishery management issues in South Florida, including Monroe County and the Florida Keys, that jointly address the jurisdiction of both Councils - the East coast of South Florida for the South Atlantic Council and the West coast of South Florida for the Gulf of Mexico Council.

The first meeting of the Joint Committee is a webinar scheduled for February 25, 2013 from 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm. The meeting will include a discussion of the purpose and function of the joint committee, as well as discussions on specific South Florida fisheries issues, including:

yellowtail snapper and mutton snapper management
commercial grouper harvest in Monroe County
allocations of fisheries landings in Monroe County
the possibility of establishing a special management unit that allows for consistent state/federal fishery regulations across South Florida.

To register for the webinar visit: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/323435202.

For additional information on the joint committee and the meeting, contact the Public Information Officer at either Council using the contact information below.

Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Re: Get ready, listen to the meeting and then voice your opi

Post by Moose »

i'm all for conservation, but i dont think there needs to be tighter restrictions....maybe better ENFORCEMENT of the rules already in place....but not limiting us even more. Big brother needs to learn to do their jobs instead of making more laws for us to follow.

Just registered

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

rare wrote:They really don't want us fishing, huh?

What do members think about this? Don't Bich later on cause your voice wasnt heard when it needed to be counted

:stupid:

agonzalez0 wrote:i'm all for conservation, but i dont think there needs to be tighter restrictions....maybe better ENFORCEMENT of the rules already in place....but not limiting us even more. Big brother needs to learn to do their jobs instead of making more laws for us to follow.
:stupid:

Same here, I am all for conservation. I just don't think that they have enough officials out there. Also last meeting I listened to there was talk about recreational closed seasons for yellow tail and muttons in the South Atlantic so they could open it it up more for the commercial fishing industry. The recreational part will hurt us, charter and party boats. The regulations are good as they are now (maybe increasing the size of some snappers by an inch or two would be great), no need to be changing the regulations every six months like they do in the Gulf. It gets very confusing to the point where even the officers do not know them.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

agonzalez0 wrote:i'm all for conservation, but i dont think there needs to be tighter restrictions....maybe better ENFORCEMENT of the rules already in place....but not limiting us even more. Big brother needs to learn to do their jobs instead of making more laws for us to follow.

Just registered
honestly the only way for them to have anykind of conervation is for them to have closeures

we do need a better like method of conservation but inforcement isnt the answer
dude idk about you but i dont want to get stoped everytime im on the water once in a blue isnt a bad thing but seriously

think about grouper i dont know about the rest of yall but ive seen them poping up in places that ive never seen them befor
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I'm all for conservation and species protection, but 100% against squeezing the recreational fisherman while opening the holes for the commercial guys.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

We dont need new laws/regs, we need more people to enforce the current ones we do have!!!!
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

I think they're talking about on shore enforcement Joe, and I gotta agree. As one of many members here who has called FWC and never saw an officer show, even hours after, they need more people not more reg's. If they want to do something positive, start figuring out way's to reduce commercial bycatch, and open Red Snapper, They know they're not as over fished as they originally thought.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

crashmister wrote:I think they're talking about on shore enforcement Joe, and I gotta agree. As one of many members here who has called FWC and never saw an officer show, even hours after, they need more people not more reg's. If they want to do something positive, start figuring out way's to reduce commercial bycatch, and open Red Snapper, They know they're not as over fished as they originally thought.
:stupid: all the way around
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

crashmister wrote: start figuring out way's to reduce commercial bycatch, and open Red Snapper, They know they're not as over fished as they originally thought.
:stupid: They sure do know they are not overfished and look at this from another site:
A federal mandate to remove old, abandoned oil and gas rigs in the Gulf of Mexico is blowing up a lot more than just the rigs.
Undercover video obtained by Local 15 shows thousands of pounds of dead fish, mostly red snapper, floating to the surface after one of the controversial demolitions in the Gulf.
http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/sto ... 1481237582

snook123
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook123 »

The biggest problem is defiantly enforcement.

Don't forget the feds. are blowin up the red snapper.

http://boatlessfishing.com/forum/viewto ... 20&t=30713
- Jimmy

pescando
Seasoned Fisher

Post by pescando »

I know none of you guys will agree with me, anyway here i go:
I think there shouldnt ANY regulation for the kind of fishery we do exept manatees.
there is no way that we going to put any species in endangered list or even close.
we do not profit from it, by the contrary we spend on it, someone called "the art of fishing"
or you have the skill, none of us gonna take home a 9" or 10" fish just because theres not enough meet on it or any glory. So we have a higer standar and by the same way we can not rule over a granfather taking out hes grandson for a fishing trip cause the fish that hit the boy line was 9"; can you envision a 9 years old boy fighting a 15" mutton and is not legal for him to keep?.what are you going to say went the boy ask WHY papa?
I have run from c2 to longkey bridge every week i have never count 15 fisherman in all the 3 bridges and overnight fishing is cero (weekdays).You know who target shrimp on the bridge? retirees, now they have to coup up with some new regulation about what they can put and what not on the bridge rail. for me is fun and liberty prety good together.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Here is an article of the last talks about yellow tails. They tried to close them down like they did with red snappers, they are going to try it again. This is why they are trying to get a "joint committee" together. I am for regulations but against complete closures. I can understand closed seasons but not total closures.

These words to them really mean "Closure"
"yellowtail snapper and mutton snapper management"

http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/news/ ... re-florida

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

When the government gets involved in stuff, that they have no clue about....it goes downhill very fast. Hope you got your seatbelt on for this ride boys and girls!

pescando
Seasoned Fisher

Post by pescando »

rare wrote:Japan feels the same way you do about BFT. How are there numbers by the way?
Have you ever catch a BFT of the bridge?
BF is what im talking abt.

Return to “Regulations, Rules, Enviromental Issues”