Small bridge before SSP

Boatless Fishing reports for the Hillsborough County - Tampa Area - Also the countys of Citrus - Hernando - Pasco - Pinellas - Manatee - Sarasota - Desoto
tears143
KING MACKEREL

Small bridge before SSP

Post by tears143 »

Just want to get out there and see if anything was biting(pompano mostly).

Got out there around 12pm.. fished the end of out going tide. Nothing was really biting. A few small mango. Saw people cast netting a bunch of big mullet.

Tide went slack, I switch tolure and try for some flounder... didn't work out well either. Caught 2 fiddler crabs to try to use it for some sheephead or anything that bite.

First drop with really light sinker and the tide took it with it. Something grabbed on, I set the hook and felt the weight then sudden slack again. Dang it, missed the fish. Try again with the second crab.. The tide keep on pulling it. It was getting too strong. Tied on an 1 oz and drop it down wait for about 30 seconds and then felt something taking it. Set the hook hard! Fish pulled some drag and then it came up. Pulled some drag again. I can see it's a big sheephead. Drag it to the land and landed it.

Came out to be this guy. The whole 21.5" of him/her is going to be dinner. Finish fishing around 3pm.

kblue
SHARKER

Re: Small bridge before SSP

Post by kblue »

Nice, Very Nice!!!

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

Monster sheepshead! Nice catch!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice sheepie and some great eating
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

Mmm mmmm mmmm. Love me some sheepie. This reminds me of a time I fished with @swordfish and he whooped a 7+ Lb monster sheep on 10lb and I offered to land it for him. He insisted he could flip it. Well, you can guess what happened when he tried. *Pop* f*** s***

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

real nice man
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

NICE!!!!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I've seen similar size of sheepshead in Broward ICW. I have been experimenting many baits. But it has been very hard to figure a good snack.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

Awesome sheepshead :reeling:

Return to “Central West Florida”