ssp report 3/25/2016

Boatless Fishing reports for the Hillsborough County - Tampa Area - Also the countys of Citrus - Hernando - Pasco - Pinellas - Manatee - Sarasota - Desoto
tears143
KING MACKEREL

ssp report 3/25/2016

Post by tears143 »

The water is much cleaner than the past few days due to the cold front from last weekend. It's a a dark green color.
The day was nice! There was a little breeze off and on.
Anyways the pompano fishing has now go into it summer pattern already. The big school that came into the bay are now settled to their summer homes. You can still catch pompano here and there but they now travel in very small school of 2-3 fish and usually pass the passes, bridges, and etc every hour or so.
I was lucky enough to get two nice one today. The ruler is there for refs... the Smaller one is 13.5" to the fork and the bigger one is at 15.5 to the fork. The macks came in as well and chew off at least 5 of my jigs.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: ssp report 3/25/2016

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Nice pomps bro...theyre chewing across this way also..some nice fish here and there..enjoy!

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice report , I am going to have to meet up with you the next time I head that way.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

Man your killing it over there. :toast:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

I've been chasing every post of yours for a couple of years now. For me.....and the fishing I enjoy both in species, technique, and consistency ...... if I ever moved back to Florida it would be into your hood hands down. If those two pomps only eat half as good as I bet they fought I'm jealous. Keep up the torture I'm enjoying it already.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Kingofthesea wrote:I've been chasing every post of yours for a couple of years now. For me.....and the fishing I enjoy both in species, technique, and consistency ...... if I ever moved back to Florida it would be into your hood hands down. If those two pomps only eat half as good as I bet they fought I'm jealous. Keep up the torture I'm enjoying it already.
Thanks for the kind words. Many people on the forum are probably better than me in my area of fishing! I am still learning many new things! I am lucky to catch a lot of this fish due to not giving up. A lot of time, people would leave and then the fish shows up...

As for how the pompano taste... I have not heard anyone complain or say they do not like the way the fish taste at all! It is one of the best tasting fish in the ocean imo. I think you should buy one and give it a try, Some people like to add butter to their fish but with pompano you won't need to add any due to their buttery taste.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

i drove down the bridge today only one lone asain guy fishing right past the place where you pay nice guy only caught a couple macs i didnt fish just went for the drive
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

Return to “Central West Florida”