Gandy Bridge Catwalk Fishing Reports 2008

Boatless Fishing reports for the Hillsborough County - Tampa Area - Also the countys of Citrus - Hernando - Pasco - Pinellas - Manatee - Sarasota - Desoto
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Gandy Bridge Catwalk Fishing Reports 2008

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Put your Reports Here, Thanks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

SnookMook
KING MACKEREL

Post by SnookMook »

The last two weekends I've been out fishing at the Gandy Bridge. The pompano bite has been good and the mangrove snapper bite is red hot like every summer. Most of the snapper are just over legal size and you'll have to weed through to get some nice keepers but I've managed a number of fish pushing 13 inches. They will only get bigger as the summer progresses.

Here's a nice I posted in another thread.

This is a Doc's Jig with an additional teaser. As you can see many times a pompano will hit the teaser fly as often as they do the jig.

I've even caught a few snapper on the jigs, but I mostly use live shrimp or fresh dead shrimp pinched in half and threaded on the hook.

If you can cast net mojarra or chubs (mud minnows) from the flats leading up to the bridge on the St. Pete side. That is an even better bait.

Snapper candy right there.

"May your lines be tight and your shake off's and break off's memorable."

http://forshorefishing.theledger.com/

rocrfella
Fisher

Re: Gandy Bridge Catwalk Fishing Reports 2008

Post by rocrfella »

Is this place still open to the public? I heard they are doing some kind of repair.

Filletnrelease
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Gandy Bridge Catwalk Fishing Reports 2008

Post by Filletnrelease »

The boardwalks and the Friendship Trail are closed. No news of late as to their fate. You can still fish the rocks that lead up to the bridge.

Return to “Central West Florida”