15miles out of Ft De Soto Central West

This is area is for Boat Caught Fish reports and Pics, understanding that we sometimes fish on Boats please post this type of report and pics here
tears143
KING MACKEREL

15miles out of Ft De Soto Central West

Post by tears143 »

Was trying to find a new fishing spot, so we headed out of the Ft. First we started off trolling and wasn't doing much good. We then go to a spot on the hotspot map but someone beat us to it. We go past them a bit and then start drifting and landing grunts... Told my friend not to anchor until we get a good fish.. 30mins later we stopped catching any fish at all. We went back to the spot and anchor up. Started chumming a little while we catch grunts. I toss out a flatline with a dead bait on. After a while, I saw the line moving out fast (bail open), I close the bail and the drag started screaming and after a while got a mango snapper in the 16". Then the process continue, until we almost have our limit and it dies out. I didn't expect to fish for mango like you would do for yellow tail down south. An accident of trying to get a mack, king, cobia, etc on a flatline saved the day or we would just be catching grunts.

14 - 20" mango

caught a few macks as well... largest is 22" to the fork.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: 15miles out of Ft De Soto Central West

Post by fishnfool73 »

Common way of catching the mangos over there. Chum with cut sardines or summer baits then free line for them. Great report.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Nice mess of Grovers. do they have any ice over there on the West Coast :pistols: :pistols:

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Post by tears143 »

Green Tide wrote:Nice mess of Grovers. do they have any ice over there on the West Coast :pistols: :pistols:
Ice, what's that? Just kidding, we pulled the bagsss of ice out of the cooler to take the picture.

Return to “Boat Reports and Pics for EVERYWHERE”