female fisher's fisherwomen

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
raharris63
Fisher

female fisher's fisherwomen

Post by raharris63 »

Looking for some women fishers in Saint Lucie County. I'd like to start a group. I'm not an expert buy by far but definitely no novice. Looking for women that like to fish when hubby is busy or working. :lol:

If your interested or know of a group like this let me know so I can join, or a way I can start one. I'm retired, and love to fish :reeling:

SaintMary
Fisher

Re: female fisher's fisherwomen

Post by SaintMary »

I like that idea, in theory only though.

I was raised by men and have only had fun fishing with dudes. Have you ever fished with another lady? Have you ever fished with a group of ladies?

I would imagine that the few females that I know would suck to be around when you're trying to fish...I think that's what book clubs and candle parties are for...and pleasure parties, but even that's iffy.

I'm no pessimist, so please keep me in the loop on this. I'd give it a whirl. I'm not sure though, the more I think about it the more I think it might not be as good of an idea once it's realized.

Maybe you and I should be the only members...LOL! :cheers:

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

I have to disagree with you "SaintMary" I believe if most guys took their ladies fishing, you would see a lot more out there... My Mom/sister love to fish when my dad took them
and my dad was hard core when it came to fishing... but they both would stay out there as long as we did....

Fast forward> My GF and a bunch of her friends love to go fishing.... and my GF really got into fishing after hooking me :mrgreen: .... she has two nieces... one can't stand being
out there... and the other one is my mini me when it comes to fishing...she will stay out as long as i do (my trips might go 8 hours) ...and she no little kid... (just finished college)

Yes its a pain in the rear for me at times>>> because I have up to 8 of my GF friends with us.. and sometime even their kids :nilly: ...... but I love passing our sport forward to people
that want to learn and enjoy it....

Like I said if most guys would take the time with their better half... you would see a lot of hard core ladies out there...Raharris63> if you were closer to us... You would have a crew
going with you....Good luck with this :thumright:

Take a look at this thread.... pictures of my GF and her niece (my mini me)....... she just got a teaching job down here and is going to live with us for awhile...
First thing she ask me> What biting when I get there??.... LOL...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33868

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

Like I said, I'm no pessimist. I want to think it would be a good idea, but I'm flashing forward and not feeling it...maybe I just need to meet some cooler chicks, LOL!

I think being raised by guys and then working for 20 years in a male dominated industry might have doomed me to that perspective. I'm ALMOST of the opinion that I'd rather be alone than surrounded by ladies.

I feel ya though. I certainly want to get my daughter into it. You're luckier than all get out that you get to do that kind of stuff with your kids and others too.

Who knows? This could be my year to meet a chick I can hang out with and not disassociate myself from.

Like I said, keep me in the loop and maybe it will be just the thing to change my mind. :)

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I fish with a couple ladies, once in a while, by canoe and/or kayak and they are as good at the hobby/sport as any of the dudes I fish with, they may actually brag, complain, and blame less...

If you have, or plan to get a kayak/canoe, and looking to fish inshore look upJean Mcelroy shes an excelent fisher-woman and very knowledgeble about fishing.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

SaintMary wrote:I like that idea, in theory only though.

I was raised by men and have only had fun fishing with dudes. Have you ever fished with another lady? Have you ever fished with a group of ladies?

I would imagine that the few females that I know would suck to be around when you're trying to fish...I think that's what book clubs and candle parties are for...and pleasure parties, but even that's iffy.

I'm no pessimist, so please keep me in the loop on this. I'd give it a whirl. I'm not sure though, the more I think about it the more I think it might not be as good of an idea once it's realized.

Maybe you and I should be the only members...LOL! :cheers:
Preach on sister!
Actually it's just it's hard to find a male to fish with that you're compatible with. I'm talking about liking to fish for the same types of fish like to fish the same hours or days and for being ready to go when contacted.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

I mostly go alone. A friend of mine will come along sometimes and catch bait for me with his spiderman Shakespeare get up. I have another guy friend that I fish with sporadically too. Nice thing about both of them is they don't talk much and know when to leave me alone...LOL!

Like I said though, I'm not around a lot of chicks and never really have been. It makes it hard to relate. Plus, I'm not a fan of some things that are common with females. Like the voice changes some use when they want something. It irritates me. Guess I'd just have to find the "right" female.

:pirat:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Plus, I'm not a fan of some things that are common with females. Like the voice changes some use when they want something.
I would be in heaven if we could clone you and replace a few in our work place. :D

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

LMAO! I get that a lot.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

LOL I have to say you would love to hang out with both my GF and her niece ...... they aren't girlie and will yell at you if you get in there way (they learn that from me LOL)
I'm also proud to say that i have her niece down for a while now.... and she is more hard core then most guys that fish with me.... the funny thing about it, if you were to see her
you would say NO WAY!!! she loves to dress up and look pretty.... but when it comes to fishing...she is ready to get down and dirty.... this past summer she outlasted three
grown boys that when fishing with us.... again my avg trip might last at least 8hr at the min..... i have been known to fish a lot longer... and that little girl stay out there to the point
that sunrise caught us.... and i was even saying WTH.... LOL.... again i wish you were closer to us.... good luck and hopefully you will find someone closer to you with the same
mindset as the rest of us crazy fishing master... heh heh... :cheers:

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Had a crazy family friend, well except for the last name I would consider her family, she owned her own boat, worked on it when it needed repair and could put you on muttons and lobster like a champ. Sadly she had to move to Washington state for work and is dying to come back. She would still be friends with other women but acted and could hang like the boys.

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”