East Wind on Broward Country

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
kblue
SHARKER

East Wind on Broward Country

Post by kblue »

As some people annoyed, a big school ribbon fish invaded Broward Pompano and Angler's piers about two weeks and they are all gone now. I spoke with Tommy. He told me it is very unusual to see these cutlass fish in April... This is really strange if I considered this year has been one of the worst fishing season on Broward county... Also I recall three-four weeks ago, those drift boats off Hills Borough inlet were catching the limit on kings and blackfins...these boats were fully booked... But they seemed slow down now... I was wondering what brought these fishes...
I didn't see massive bait invade. Except for I was able to catch some sadine at Hills Borough Inlet.
Those who are doing pier fishing may not notice this very well because fish didn't come all the way to shore line but we had some good runs of fish around Broward water around 100 ft.

I sort of guess the cause was continuous strong east wind... I think we had about two~three weeks of continuous east wind starting the end of March, and not much of rain... Or is it so called fish migration time?

Tell me what you know?

tears143
KING MACKEREL

Re: East Wind on Broward Country

Post by tears143 »

I am thinking early summer pattern. It is warmer than usual.

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

Yea, weather tides everything has been early/late and out of whack this year.

JonathanT305
Weekend Warrior

Post by JonathanT305 »

I've only fished saltwater a couple times since December, but freshwater has been weird. Peacocks have been full on spawning since about end of January, and they usually start around March in my lake. Same thing with Mayans/Tilapia. On a couple days I've had fish hit everything I can throw at them, other days they disappear. Water has also gotten extremely low, but this rain the past few days has brought it up a little.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. The past two or three years have all been consistent but this year was off. Hopefully this mild winter meant 12 pound peacocks and 60 inch snook because the cold didn't kill them off. :bounce:

DigiCowboy
Weekend Warrior

Post by DigiCowboy »

JonathanT305 wrote:I Hopefully this mild winter meant 12 pound peacocks and 60 inch snook because the cold didn't kill them off. :bounce:
:toast: :dude:

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”