Spillways

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
James7412
Fisher

Spillways

Post by James7412 »

Is there any good spillways near vero beach I'm willing to drive about a half our away

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Spillways

Post by krash »

Spillways work best when we have heavy rain...

Search out the South Florida water management sites, and old post on this board, you should easily find a link to the main site and information on how to use it... once you identify a spillway or three you can get some good info near real time opening/closings and flow rates.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

The one in PSL holds some true slob snook once you figure out how to catch them.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

James7412
Fisher

Post by James7412 »

Is that the one on chestnut drive

quint2117
Fisher

Post by quint2117 »

yea the one on chesnut is good. but in vero heading North on us1 makle right on 30th. st. after you pass golf course theres a little spillway you'll see it after a heavy rain can light up with snook ,Tarpon,and Reds

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

Anyone have any feedback on the spillway at Orange and 441, just north of Griffin? I went out to it last week (2am) and it was flowing, wasn't there long.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

That spillway is hit or miss. Small baits will yield small snook but soak a big bait and a tarpon or monster snook could take it. I've seen 3 snook over 45 inches caught there and tarpon to 100 lbs.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Do a search here and you find a linc to a realtime chart that shows the open closed status of every spillway in south Florida in real time. Also shows exact locations.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

floridaBMW
Fisher

Post by floridaBMW »

fishnfool73 wrote:That spillway is hit or miss. Small baits will yield small snook but soak a big bait and a tarpon or monster snook could take it. I've seen 3 snook over 45 inches caught there and tarpon to 100 lbs.

Thanks man, I hung up my last flair there and am awaiting a new batch. Will give it another shot soon.

Ken

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”