exploring new spots

(Date your Titles) This area is so Members can post the area they may be fishing if it is a public place, "don't post private spots" and other members can fish on by. They could also PM you to keep it not so loud.
carloskiks
Fisher

exploring new spots

Post by carloskiks »

Just got into doing some pier fishing, and also recently tried a spillway, have had mixed luck but want to get more into it. If interested in showing me some spots or telling me some locations it would be appreciated. Im in the Coral Springs area but willing to drive a bit to catch some good fresh or salt water fish.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: exploring new spots

Post by krash »

Start by jumping on Google Earth and do some visual exploring... for the spillways do some searching on this site and others about SFWMD (South Florida Water Management) and you find tons of information about the spillways like where they are, what type control structure, and then learn how to use and read the live data points of whats open and how the flow works.

Simple tips are see water, locate a place to park, and start casting... be rigged and ready before you go, make sure you do not park where you will get towed, and do not leave trash behind.... if a condo commando or security person confronts you apologize and walk away.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

carloskiks
Fisher

Post by carloskiks »

Thank Krash for the quick response, I appreciate it. I've bass fished the area plenty and am familiar with some locks, but want to expand to ICW and try my luck with some bigger game. If you or anyone on the sire would like to meet up sometime let me know! I'm always looking for someone to fish with! :happyfisherman:

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I seldom walk any more... kinda stuck on SPU inshore fishing lately.

But don't discount the western areas for big fish, plenty of Snook and Tarpon have been caught all the way out to the edge of the glades... Lox, C14, Hillsbourough.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

morrison17
Fisher

Post by morrison17 »

I'm actually planning to drive all the way to Southern Alberta for fishing. I'm just waiting for the shipment of my new set of Mickey Thompson tires. My fishing gear and camera are ready for this trip.

Return to “Where are you fishin'?”