What does everybody do?

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
woodwalker78
Fisher

Re: What does everybody do?

Post by woodwalker78 »

Current: Lineman/Troubleman for FPL in Jupiter, Retired: Lineman Keys Energy Services in Key West. Total of 37 yrs. IBEW apprentice instructor. Key West born and raised on fishing 1956-2003. Looks like a GREAT forum!!!! Looking forward to learning about the different fishing techniques and seasons in the Jupiter/Juno area from everyone. I've fished the lower Keys over 40yrs, anyone need any info or advice about that area, I'll be more than happy to help out!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

woodwalker

Welcome to friendly, jealous, family-like boatless forum.

Warning: please forgive us sometimes you may see we are fighting like 1st grade kids...
At the end, we are just simple fishermen who love and talk about the fishing...

It sounds like you are a full-grown South FL local fisherman.
and the MAN of lower keys
and Mr. high voltage man. (I am low voltage boy who deals 5Vdc or below...(well, very rarely 48Vdc))
how high voltage did you even deal with?

Lower keys are just too far from Broward.
I am sure you know some honey holes in middle key :wink: Thank you for your PM in advance. :toast:

SharonA
Fisher

Post by SharonA »

IT consultant, a freelancer with my own one-woman LLC. I have worked in a number of different industries over the years but specialize in retail, payment systems, and fraud.

Middle-aged female who used to fish a lot as a kid - Grandpa started taking me out with him when I was 3 - and has enjoyed fishing with clients. My taxlady won't let me claim the non-re$ident fi$hing licen$e fees as a client entertainment expense, dangit - I could deduct the charter, but not my own license! My husband has zero interest in fishing so it's been something I generally do only when on the road.

I found this site while searching for public night fishing spots around Jacksonville, as I'm working here for a few weeks. My home is in northern GA.

Currently I'm ISO a place around Jax where a middle-aged female can safely fish solo *at night*. My job's not very flexible during the day. I'm not after any particular type of fish and would just be releasing, as my hotel room have only a stovetop and zilch capacity for real cooking.

Today I took my nephews, aged 4 and 6, out fishing. It was more like "photo opportunity for the adults at the boat ramp at Grandma's condo community". The 4-yr old caught a variety of floating vegetation and then announced he had to make up a story about fish so he could lie like real fishermen do. (Now having recovered from the kid-wrangling, I'm finding myself wanting to go out fishing NOW ... danged pier, why can't they be 24-hours?)

mil7950
Weekend Warrior

Post by mil7950 »

i was a student and a car salesman back when i lived in california. moved here a few weeks ago and still in sales, though in an office now.

ived researched stocks and currencies quite a bit and im looking to start trading again within the next few months. also looking into real estate.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Love the diversity. Every post is a tiny look into someone else's lives. Very cool, keep em coming!

-Swordfish

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

what a tool

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

I am a student at coral reef high in 9th grade ATM and on weekends and breaks I go almost every day either saltwater or freshwater fishing

Doubles
Weekend Warrior

Post by Doubles »

Wud up?

Im friends with GrouperKing, he took me out on his boat before, caught african pompano and hogs.

I maintain a database with MDC. I work out of the Blue Lagoon area.

Hola At Cha Boy!

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

lol man you embarrass me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

Hi everyone. I'm pretty introverted and prefer to keep to myself until I'm a little more comfortable. So, I apologize if it comes across as stuck up; I don't mean for it to.

My mother and father both came from families that were steeped in sailing, fishing, and anything having to do with the ocean. My first memory of fishing was with my four older brothers and dad in the canal in our backyard in the lauderdale isles area of Ft. Lauderdale. I was probably about 3 or 4 and was using bread balls and a teeny tiny hook to catch mullet for my dad to use as bait. We always had a boat or two around. My Grandpop was the sailor in the family, but got really sick while I was very young. My dad used to buy the interceptors at auction and by the time I turned 9 he had me as his first mate. We would travel around to the islands, fishing the whole way and it was work. Granted, enjoyable work, but still work.

My folks split when I was 12 and my mom landlocked me in Kansas city. I began my career in body modification and art in 1997. From then until 2009 I worked 50+ hours a week and never took vacations. After having my daughter in '10 I was forced to retire because of medical reasons. I was back in my native state with my little girl and loved it until I started having seizures. Since I didn't need to be anywhere for a while, I moved down here to South Palm Beach and bought a condo that is on the beach out the front and on a lagoon just off the ICW out the back. (I'm a little spoiled that way and deserve it, dangit)

If I'm not fishing, and that's rare, then I'm doing something creative or on my balcony in my garden. Now that I'm doing the kind of fishing that isn't paying for the gas in the boat to get us home, I'm remembering just how much I missed it. Depending on the condition and my own superstitions about nautical folklore and mythology, I can be found fishing at the private beach in my front yard, somewhere on either the Ocean avenue or Lake avenue bridges and surrounding areas. I don't get up to the pier near me as much as I'd like, but look forward to driving again so I can get up there.

I love to share ideas and knowledge as well as learning. I'm sure I'll warm up to this community in no time though. Everyone's been so friendly. Thanks!

XOXO Mary

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

One hell of an intro, Mary! Welcome to boatless! :toast:

SaintMary
Fisher

Post by SaintMary »

Rare wrote:One hell of an intro, Mary! Welcome to boatless! :toast:

I panicked. I ramble like that in person too...it's pretty sad.

Thanks for the encouragement though :alien:

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

I recently left the dealership world and moved to a private shop mainly working on porsche vw and audi.im the service manager there. also part time "shared trip" fishing guide
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

BloodyChamp
Fisher

Post by BloodyChamp »

I'm a farmer and I have a part time job at night so don't mind my late night drivel on here lol! The part time job doesn't require much manual labor so I'm on the phone alot...usually dreaming of fishing.

rudderless1
Fisher

Post by rudderless1 »

Have my fingers in a few pies! Have some investment in Asia (bar & guesthouse), I do a bit of consultancy work in that trade also, Even do a bit of DJ work from time to time, as well as play the piano :)

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

I now run the service dept at USP Motorsports
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

kolok58
Fisher

Post by kolok58 »

Current student at FIU but i am Cisco Certified in networking and i fix computers/ networks and have knowledge on mostly anything technology related.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

kolok58 wrote:Current student at FIU but i am Cisco Certified in networking and i fix computers/ networks and have knowledge on mostly anything technology related.
Welcome gigs....Cisco ha ha ha... I used to have my CCIE #... now I am building my rod... :toast:

orlyr21
Fisher

Post by orlyr21 »

Microbiologist
Central Florida Saltwater/ Freshwater

Makes the best fishing gift - http://www.monthlybaitclub.com

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

FUKUSHIMA inspector

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

permitchaser wrote:FUKUSHIMA inspector
Lmao

sweetmerlin
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sweetmerlin »

Molecular Microbiologist here... Fishing the Rick before work.. :D

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

schumacher subaru service manager
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Chief Dishwasher
Fish Crazy

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

sweetmerlin wrote:Molecular Microbiologist here... Fishing the Rick before work.. :D

PhD here nice!!

sweetmerlin
Seasoned Fisher

Post by sweetmerlin »

k5523915 wrote:
sweetmerlin wrote:Molecular Microbiologist here... Fishing the Rick before work.. :D

PhD here nice!!
Oooooo! Nice! (tommy :toast: Spill the beans! Which field?

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I also have PH.D in field of toomanyminds

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

I manage and perform in a Beatles tribute group called "The Beatlemaniacs". Been a drummer since I was 12, went to college in a great music/jazz program and got my performance major there. Been a full time musician and touring entertainer since 1997. :dude:
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

ringonose wrote:I manage and perform in a Beatles tribute group called "The Beatlemaniacs". Been a drummer since I was 12, went to college in a great music/jazz program and got my performance major there. Been a full time musician and touring entertainer since 1997. :dude:

thats a cool job ,do you have a video we could watch and heard the sound ?

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

SaltyDog wrote:
permitchaser wrote:FUKUSHIMA inspector
Lmao

I have to say im very happy with my promotion :dude:

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”