What does everybody do?

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
rbmount
Fisher

Re: What does everybody do?

Post by rbmount »

worked 35 yrs at ma bell, retired-went to work at harley dealership-retired again-now working part time as a pain in the butt, well the wife thinks so!

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Retired from State of Florida,what I do now?smoke cigars :dude:

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Lucky you bud! However, you did your time, enjoy it sir! I am an Operations Coordinator at a trucking company, and dispatch trucks as well from time to time...

-swordfish

teetime4one
Fisher

Post by teetime4one »

I own and operate an alloy wheel repair business.

firebirdjerms
Fisher

Post by firebirdjerms »

HVAC Tech outta Boca. Any one fish near boca?

Laz1287
Weekend Warrior

Post by Laz1287 »

MECP Certified Autotech Lead for Geek Squad.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Recently retired from being retired. Now I'm in charge of "don't tell your mother" for my grand son. The pay sucks, but the job is very rewarding! :mrgreen:

Here, he's practicing his casting. In the living room. I thought he was surprisingly accurate. His mom and granma did not agree! :chillpill: :biglaugh:
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Fisher

Post by 303 »

After 35 years of Instrumentation and Controls work I'm going back to school to become a Ultrasound operator. No more 24 / 7 ( 35 years is enough ). Just goop up people, smile and hopefully travel with it.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

I never really did introduce myself did I? I am a part time Floridian, from Canada, born in Istanbul, Turkey. I spend as much time down here in West Palm as I can. I love spearfishing, but also rod and reel. I am a professional musician, I make my living as an entertainer. I play the drums, but my main gig is in musical theater, I manage and perform in a Beatles tribute band called "The Beatlemaniacs". Look it up if you want, but on this forum, I could care less if anyone knew it. It's basically why I've shied away from mentioning it before. I travel for a living, perform as often as I can, mostly in theaters. I have a 15 month old son, love him to bits. I love this forum, I love fishing down here in Florida, it's a privilege and a pleasure. I pay extra to be able to do so (the non resident license costs $45+, plus the Snook and bug stamps) but it's all worth it to me. I follow the rules, I don't dis respect the people or environment around me, and I really have a low tolerance for ignorant people who are disrespectful to one another while fishing. Seems to be the thing though. Cheers everyone.
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

ChrisM
Fisher

Post by ChrisM »

I have been an LPN (Low Paid Nurse) for the past 14 years in Hospital setting. I have done Med/Surg and Orthopedics as well as a smattering of home health. I did work for Hospice of Palm Beach County as well for about a year before giving that up (not a lot of fun there as anyone can imagine). Currently unemployed and actively looking for a position around my wife's schedule (8p-8a). I am also a father of an 8 year old boy. That's a job in itself :)

steve ward
Fisher

Post by steve ward »

28 years of teaching and coaching. 25 of those in Omaha. Go BIg Red! Am a lifelong flatlander transplant that is tired of walleye, bass, white bass etc. Looking forward to seeing more than Boca inlet and Haulover. I will be boatless for awhile and am currently undergoing self instruction on my new friend the cast net. Need all the info on inlet and shore fishing out there. Eager to learn the salt.

shos260288
KING MACKEREL

Post by shos260288 »

Assistant Principal at a middle school in Miami Dade County. Born and raised Floridian, grew up here in sunny South Florida. I have 3 beautiful grown (thank God) kids ages 21 to 27. My hobbies include anything in or on the water, fishing, surfing, boating, diving, … I only work 10 months out of the year, so I fortunate to be able to enjoy all. I joined this site a few years back, but didn't realize how much great information is here, so I'm back and looking to learn again. If you see a guy out at Dania Pier with a cammo outback hat on, well that will be me. Look forward to meeting you all, and let's go fishing!!!
Fish Crazy

robalo3
Fisher

Post by robalo3 »

I have a small Land Surveying Co. and I sell recreational property (hunting, fishing, timberland) in North East Georgia.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Hi everyone.

This is a mediocre fisherman, Kblue. I never introduced myself before so I wanted to do my introduction now.
I live 5 min away from Angler pier. Never had a chance to attend forum activities. (I can't make Aug 3rd BBQ neither)
I only met GruntKing and Poseidon last winter. I was so impressed with how Joe casting his 12~14 ft net in a perfect pancake (I don't know the exact size but it was really big net). Chris was another serious engineer who disguised himself as kayak YoYo fisherman. (Seriously, you never know the true face of BF member.)

Anyway, I know I am a big fan of this BF and want to contribute as much as I can.
BTW, my mission is to catch all the "dirty" secrets of BF's old timers as well as new comers :reeling: :nemo: :fish: :happyfisherman: :chef: :biglaugh:

I used to operate my own manufacturing business at Miramar for yacht/cruise/gas&oil industry while I am being myself as stupid fisherman in BF.
In 2012, I shut down my business for all the good reasons with bankruptcy. Ever since that, this BF became even warmer place to stay.

Over year and a half, I have been working as an engineering consultant travelling many parts of the world to feed my wife and two lovely daughters while at the same time, I am sure I didn't miss reading even a single post from boy friends.

When I have a free time during travel, I always tried to stop by fishing tackle shops in other countries and collect some unique tackles.

In some day, I always dream to build my own fishing tackle manufacturing business sponsored by professional fishermen.

With having said that, now PM me with all your "dirty-old" fishing tricks and secret spots, right now :jester: :jester: :jester:

Thanks

-Kblue

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Where are you from Kblue?

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Ok, might as well throw my hat into this too...

IT/MIS guy here, computer networks maintenance and all around IT support. Sick of my field, but it pays the bills. Looking to start my own business, but drawing a big blank as far as ideas.

Been fishing since I was a kid. Really want a boat, but my @#$% HOA doesn't allow them and I don't want to pay an arm/leg for storage.

Anyway, tight lines y'all.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

BEOWULF wrote:Where are you from Kblue?
That is very hard question for me to answer because I lived many places.

I've lived 20 years in S Korea and 26 years in US. In terms of fishing, I don't even remember when I started fishing. But I always say I started to fish when I was 6 from my picture. I fished many places and islands in Korea. and then become NY long islander fisherman (Montuak, Greenport, Stony Brook, Port Jefferson, etc) for 10 years, then become a commercial fisherman in Kodiak, AK for two seasons (2 years), then Sandyhook NJ fisherman for about 4 years, and then, worst of part of my fishing life, I lived in Washington DC for about 4 years, where I had to drive 3 hours each way to get Ocean city, MD for fishing (I am not a freshwater guy) and I came to Fort Lauderdale same year as Hurricane Wilma and still here. First two years, I was too busy on party boat every week. Then I ventured out pier and bridge fishing. Fishing kingdom!!! Now, I want to invade the Keys...

You may be wondering why I am here in FL...
Since you are in IT filed, I could say a little more. I was Satcom-based IP backbone engineer long time ago when Internet was still new (using Cisco routers and I was one of those CCIE) but I left that field 10 years ago because I was sick of it. I did my own business of manufacturing maritime communication equipment for 5 years and failed so bad... I never regret for what I did. I did most early telecom backbone design for most cruise lines, which is reason why I am here Fort Lauderdale and I am still able to make my living...

-Kblue

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Wow, that's quite a history there KBlue! Hope to meet up one of these days, maybe give me some ideas for a business.

>> I didn't miss reading even a single post from boy friends.<<
Btw, just thought I'd mention, you might want to say "guy friends" instead of this, or people are going to think you're playing for the other team. :oops: That's why I asked where you are from.

Tight lines! :reeling:

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I guess I made a bad joke. I just tried to say BF(boatless fishing) in a funny way. didn't think that far... :patriot:

CR_Diego
Fisher

Post by CR_Diego »

Well, I guess this would be a great place to post my very first reply and introduce myself to everyone here. My name is Diego, 28, born in Costa Rica, currently living in Jupiter and recently moved from Philly. I am overly excited :cheers: to finally be part of the angler family. I just recently had my birthday this past week and was given my very first rod and reel, along with a couple of accessories. I've been fishing on and off over the years but never really had the chance to "bit the hook" and explore this wonderful sport until now. My knowledge is very limited so any useful tips to start such as e.g. Must have things to buy, great places to fish, or any advice for a novice like me would be greatly be appreciated! Just either PM me or direct me to another thread that I may be find useful. I would like to start by surf fishing by Juno Beach. Any suggestions? :nemo:

As to what I do? I am a Graphic Designer / Creative Director who freelances at a couple of AD agencies and currently is co-partner at A&D Creative Studio. http://www.ad-creativestudio.com

I hope to eventually meet wonderful, down to earth, enthusiastic, story-telling people like me in the near future. Thanks to everyone in advance for their help! :patriot:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Welcome, Diego

There is a secret BBQ that will be the best place to start and you are welcome to join. viewtopic.php?f=78&t=32741

Look for me at the BBQ.(thats me) I will tell you everything you need to know.

CR_Diego
Fisher

Post by CR_Diego »

Thanks Rare for the invite. What a treat that'll be to attend!

K R lip
Seasoned Fisher

Post by K R lip »

Hey my name is Kamil im a husband and father of 3 oldest being 7 I maintain and do small repairs on cnc machines for a large shop I grew up in northern nj moved to broward in 07 started fishing in 2012 first one in my fam to do so I've been trying to teach my 7 year old but she gets distracted oh also im 34 and do not have alot of free time so I get out when I can

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Mind sharing what shop you work for?

K R lip
Seasoned Fisher

Post by K R lip »

Ah most I can say is it's sporting goods related :auto:

linh
KING MACKEREL

Post by linh »

Got it. Just curious since I'm a machinist.

Pilgrim
Weekend Warrior

Post by Pilgrim »

I guess this is the place where I should've introduced myself and with more detail, so here goes..

My name is Jairo, 24 years old, born and raised in Miami, living in Hialeah. I'm currently managing a warehouse for a interior shutters company in Pembroke Pines, waiting for God to open up a door for me in the fire department. I'm a certified Paramedic and Firefighter looking to get employed (soon I hope). I'm single and without children, but I do desire to have a family whenever I am able to provide financially and whatnot.

As far as fishing goes, I didn't grow up fishing, at all. In fact, no one in my family fishes, except for me! So I've been learning as I go, using whatever resources I can find, everything from the internet, this forum, videos, to books or magazines. Oh yeah, and how can I forget all those days that I go out and get skunked! I learn a lot from that too lol

I grew interest in fishing when I started to help my brother out, preparing his friends apartment to get rented out after the old tenant moved out. Its located in West Palm Beach; behind the apartment was a channel where all the tenants could dock their boats. I was just so amazed with having this body of water behind the apartment, that I needed to try and see if I could catch something. So, I went to Sports authority and bought a 30 dollar shakespear spinning combo that included a tackle box with some basic tackle. I passed by the local tackle shop and asked the guy what I needed to do to catch a fish. He didn't really say much, but he handed me a container of frozen shrimp, a pre-made rig, and a weight. So I went, and threw it in.

At the time, I didn't know what type of fish they were, but now I do. I caught a bunch of blow fish, a small jack and an undersized lane snapper. It was a blast though.

Since then, filled with questions and a hunger for knowledge, I searched the internet for any bit of wisdom and knowledge. I upgraded my tackle, got some soft plastics and crankbaits, and started hitting up every single lake or canal system I could find on google maps! Then, a friend of mine, an older guy, gave me a real nice Penn spinning reel and rod combo, as a gift. I was determined to test it out, and well, I did. Since then, I prefer saltwater fishing so much more than what I was doing before, especially since the rewards of the catch is actually being able to eat it!

So now, I'm trying to learn anything and everything. I'm currently saving for a new truck, so then I can be able to tow a boat. After I get the truck, I'll be saving for the boat :biglaugh:

It's nice to meet you all, God bless you all! :D
..as having nothing, yet possessing everything.

jimpeterson
Fisher

Post by jimpeterson »

I have spent over 35 years, chasing gold and silver in Mexico, and now live in Nevada, and just spend my winters in Mexico. I'm a retired bailbondsman, and also retired from a few other things.
I started fishing Lake Baccarac,near Bacubirito some years ago, for largemouth bass, and now am fishing saltwater, near Mazatlan.

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Very interesting Jim. Welcome ashore!

-Swordfish

dmoore65
Fisher

Post by dmoore65 »

Orthopedic Technologist With An Orthopedic Office In Margate In The Day, Package Handler At UPS At Night :drunk:
Fish For A Man, He'll Eat For A Day, But If You Teach That Man To Fish, He'll Never Go Hungry.

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”