What does everybody do?

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
scashaggy
Fisher

What does everybody do?

Post by scashaggy »

We're all linked by this website and by fishing, but what do you do in your world for a living?

I am a HVAC tech (Air Conditioning) I am a member of Local Union 725.

I also am a mason. Hialeah Opa Locka lodge 391

Shawn

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

First Dad
Odds and Ends since this Daughter was born and taking care of her in the day, I work over and am at the water ?????? 4 to 6 days a week sometimes 7.

Before number two child, Super on Hospitals Running Framers, Rockers, finsihers, Efis crew.

Many Many other things
Last edited by BoatlessFisherman on Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

kingmac
Fisher

Post by kingmac »

I'm a sales rep for a wood flooring distributor and occasionally on the weekends I build and repair wood and chainlink fences. Doesn't leave much time for fishing, but I try to get some in every now and then.

Beachfisher
Weekend Warrior

Post by Beachfisher »

Father of a boy 10yrs and girl 14 yrs.
Husband.
High rise construction interior superintendent.
Fisherman

jad1097
Seasoned Fisher

Post by jad1097 »

Journeyman Wireman, proud member of the IBEW.
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason to America. No line can be drawn between the two. . . . There is no America without labor, and to fleece the one is to rob the other."

-- Abraham Lincoln

phillybass71
BOATLESS FISHING Honorary Guide

Post by phillybass71 »

Father of Three 1 eight year old boy, 2 girls one 2 the other 2 months
Carpenter and glazer.
Plz put back the small ones.

kyfisherman
KING MACKEREL

Post by kyfisherman »

23 y/o self employed father of 1 baby girl that's 3 mos. old

I have a auto body repair shop and focus on buying damaged vehicles, rebuilding them, and selling them to the public.

swordfish
SHARKER

HEHE!!

Post by swordfish »

I am a car salesman... when im not workin, im fishing!!! (wish I was a dad like every one else here, havent found the girl yet thou... theres hope im 22)

fishinginohio
Fisher

Post by fishinginohio »

i am a color plant operator in a paper mill, glatfelter paper and a part time firefighter on the side and we should all make time to fish!!! SHOULD NEVER GET TO BUSY!!!

ricky9
Old Salt

Post by ricky9 »

student at miami-dade college and work with my dad in his busniess...machine shop/metal production

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

I'm a tired old Software Support person, working for an Israeli company here in sunny south Florida.

Two kids in college at UCF, one starting his 4th year in Civil Engineering, and one a freshman and she has no real idea what she will be, so fishing funds are very limited.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Beachfisher
Weekend Warrior

Post by Beachfisher »

Not to worry Swordfisher. I was 40 befor I decided to get married (first and only marriage) and raise a family. I still feel 24.

OkeeArt
Seasoned Fisher

Post by OkeeArt »

I'm a software sales rep / tech for a company that makes software for real estate title companys and law firms.
And a grandfather of 4
Lake Okeechobee Fishing.

EFC fishing
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EFC fishing »

Jobwise: Records Management for a local office of a large international law firm.

Hobbywise: 'Retired' guitar player (mostly bass) for a late 80's So.Fla.hardcore punk band. 'Retired' roadie/stage security for another late 80's So.Fla.hardcore punk band. 'Retired' guitar teacher for younger kids. (Basically, I wont pick up a guitar or go to a show again). Inactive medieval recreationist & live steel swordfighter (I was in the SCA, Adrian Empire, HMR & went to many of those renn & medieval fairs)- I am a founding member of my own small group: we still run a few message boards on Live Journal, MySpace, Delphi, etc; as for myself, have made my own suits of combat grade armor (leather, regular & stainless steel, tough aluminum) for those three bigger groups above, as well as cut & welded together my own combat weapons like swords, spears, maces (one of which one of my brother's gator hunting friend's calls "the Wife Beater" {sorry, ladies who read this- no mean to offend}), etc. I am a webmaster of a couple sites related to our group (in bad need of updating, I must add!) & am co-webmaster for a couple sites related to local fishing the small group of us does (also are in bad need of updating).

Spend my spare time making my own fishing rigs, etc. & repairing/tweaking my fishing gear & re-wrapping my rods (and when they need it, it never ends, LOL!), or when not bait wasting or untangling cluster f's in the line, with visiting my nieces & nephews- it's a trip watching two almost one year olds turn the handles of a 9/0 & a 12/0- I keep talking about mounting a rod holder to the front of their strollers- gotta teach them early, LOL!!! Ok, I write too much.

Laters-

Frank
CF fishing

STARS6
Seasoned Fisher

Post by STARS6 »

Profession: GM parts @ Brickell Motors - Miami

Hobbies: Fishing, Astronomy (Not astrology), reading and the opposite sex.
Astronomy has given me a huge appreciation of "The Big Picture".
I've seen some truly beautiful things through my telescopes

SHARP HOOKS

STARS6 --- DENNIS

PS - Check out site- APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) and its archive
DENNIS COLLINS

BoatlessFisherman

Your talking about this site ? Great site
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
I have been useing this link forever, the coolest pics. They are out of this world.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

swordfish
SHARKER

LOL

Post by swordfish »

:uplol: :nilly:

Litterally!!! LOL

STARS6
Seasoned Fisher

Post by STARS6 »

You are correct BF !!
Somehow I knew you were aware of APOD.
Astronomy is very humbling. You should check out the Winter Star Party on West Summerland Key in the Keys in february. I've been to 4 of these events. Fish and nap during the day and star gaze all night (weather permitting). Mile marker 34 between Marathon and Big Pine at the Girl Scout camp oceanside. 550 -600 of some of the nicest people you could ever meet. Tickets go on sale in October and sell out quickly. You can go for a day or two or camp for the week like I do.
You and fishergirl would probably enjoy - all you need is a pair of binoculars - people let you look through their scopes - and there are some big ones there - every year a guy named Bob brings his "Yard Scope" - this puppy has a 36 inch primary mirror and you stand on a 14 ft. step ladder to get to the eyepiece.
Well I guess you can tell I enjoy the hobby - I think I'll go fishing this evening.

STARS6

BoatlessFisherman

Will Start another thread Stars in OT
-Tommy A-

Harpmanr
Old Salt

Post by Harpmanr »

I'm a certified automobile & truck mechanic. I'm now working for a OEM builder of Marine A/C & refrigeration for boats 24-300 feet. I'm a musician, and love photography. I also have MS but I don't let that stop me from what I love to do. I've lived in Florida all my life and wouldn't trade it for anything.
"Life is a gift from God. Fish it as much as possible." "The happier you are, the happier you become."

JackJack
Uncle Snook

Post by JackJack »

Father of four, work for a builder of large commercial projects. Recovering workaholic. Love this site. Gonna buy a shirt.
2009 Catch To Date
Centropomus Undecimalis-4
Scomberomorus Maculatus-10
Scomberomorus Cavalla-8
Thunnus Atlanticus-2
Lutjanus Analis -1
small Lutjanus Griseus-too many

bobwired
Weekend Warrior

occupation

Post by bobwired »

Father of 3mo son, lover of his mother, and Plumber. yeah for crap!!!! keep it coming for job security.

gotants?
Old Salt

Post by gotants? »

Profession...Certified Lunatic, uh,,,,er,,, Certified Pest Control Operator
Own buisness- Absolute Environmental Ext.,Inc.
Based out of Hollywood (generally all of Broward)
Specializing in ants
Registered Trademark owner of "got ants?"

Hobbies
Fishing
daughter almost 18 (don`t ask)
Fishing
wife 22 yrs
Fishing
downhill skateboard racing
Did I mention FISHING? :D
Fishing is ZEN

Catching is incidental

The sea, my church

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

"Retired" Professional Chef. ( I left that Crazy, crazy biz when I married )
Professional Headhunter
Now do marketing, contract review and business developement for Travel Nurse Company...( Contact Labor)

Have Been in USAF ( Pararescue) owned Restaraunts, Pizza Joints, my own Recruitment company, but somehow, still found a way to keep and maintain 'broke' as my tax status...haha

Husband to the woman of my dreams, Father of an 18 month old little girl and another little girl to be here in 3 more months.

"It is not about the destination, but the journey"

Theloneliest Monk
Weekend Warrior

Post by Theloneliest Monk »

I am 31 years old single father of a 10 year old boy.

I am a full time student studying occupational therapy and work presently as a mental health tech,

Dhunter55
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Dhunter55 »

Fix broken business machines. South Florida Native. Married to the same girl for 32 years. Father of a 27 and 25yr old that need to fall in love so they can leave home :lol: Proud US Navy Veteran and member of the American Legion.
I say we fish 5 days and work 2

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell all my guns and fishing gear for what I told her I paid for them.

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Theloneliest Monk wrote:I am 31 years old single father of a 10 year old boy.

I am a full time student studying occupational therapy and work presently as a mental health tech,
OT is a very Hot specialty currently. My agency is paying Travelers quite hadsomely as well as Housing and Insurance.

The insurance reimburement landscape has evolved to the point that most of the reimbursements from Ins. Co's justify the salary demands of OT, PT and Speech Therapists in a Travel Assignment ( which Bills Quite considerably higher ).

It is nice to see IMHO, as the schooling is quite intense for those specialties. Also a few years back, it was not the case, as PT's and OT's basically starved. It took long enough for insurance comapnies to realize that by authorizing Therapy and Rehab billing, you might actually HEAL a patient completely and have them not turn into a future claim. Took long enough...:)

You should call me when you are finished. I may have some insight as to a good career pathway. Either way stick with it, you have chosen well in your career!

BigEarl
Seasoned Fisher

Post by BigEarl »

Profession: Department of Homeland Security, and father of two boys 5 and 8

capttom1961
Fisher

Post by capttom1961 »

cable guy............

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”