YOU REALLY SHOULD READ THIS EVEN THOUGH ITS LONG

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

YOU REALLY SHOULD READ THIS EVEN THOUGH ITS LONG

Post by Kingofthesea »

I've been living in Floriduh for three years now with nothing but time on my hands which can be very cool. I went fishing a few three or four times and, honestly, I was under impressed to say the least. So, I ended up restoring old jeeps for grinners with an online jeep forum that I found being my main university and source of inspiration. Then, one night about 8 months ago, for no reason in particular, I googled 'fishing forums in south Florida and ended up here.

My first impression was the Boatless Forum is an incredible fishing resource fueled by a very elite club of super anglers. A very tight group that actually use their real names in conversations with each other........ not with us, only between the club members. It felt a little intimidating and was further compounded by the fact that I don't know chit about anything regarding fishing down here. Nothing to bring to the party. I probably stared at my first douchy post for what seemed to be an eternity and I just couldn't send it. But let's be honest....it's the internet. I could be a 400lb lesbian drag queen covered in tattoos and none of you would know so I Iaunched my first post. Then, I started getting involved in a few random conversations. NOTE: My initial experience wasn't without a few glitches, like when I unknowingly, posted that fishing at the Dania pier is better during the week because all of the googans are hiding from immigration! Got my knuckles whacked for that one but I sure learned one of the forum boundaries pretty quickly lol.

Anyway, about a month ago, the 'elite club' was throwing a BBQ at John Lloyd Park. Probably, never would have gone by myself but I did meet a great fishing buddy at Dania one day when I recognized the goofy looking sissors hanging around his neck from a picture he posted here. So we both went. Me alone and him with his gorgeous fiancé and portable kitchen to impress. The little weiner.

Well, it definitely is an elite club of super anglers! But what I didn't know was that the door to the club is open to everyone. If you really enjoy fishing and want to know how special it can be down here you should consider getting involved here in some way. There is no limit to the information these super stars are willingly share. I just spent a couple of days on a bridge in the Keys having a very special time, with a great bunch of guys that actually WANTED ME to catch fish. And they taught me so damn much. Go figure, I've been fishing my whole life and now I'm the googan once again. Pssssst it's not really so bad, the members don't mind in the slightest and hopefully I won't be a googan for long.

So that's the hidden secret about the Boatless Forum and, of course, the rest is up to you. But you just can't ever say you didn't know exactly what's really going on here.

BTW I still have some difficulty calling Rare Nilsen but he's making it easier.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Peter.miami
Seasoned Fisher

Re: YOU REALLY SHOULD READ THIS EVEN THOUGH ITS LONG

Post by Peter.miami »

Well said Richard, boatless forum is not only source of information but also group of awesome people. After spending 1.5 day with more than 10 guys and almost 80 rods i realized how little I know about fishing and how much is to be learned!

Special thanks for tricks and tips but mostly great time!

Richard, thanks for breakfast this morning :toast: and this post :toast:

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

repair wrote:We have BBQs all over i'm waiting for West Palms turn
Here's my take on that......the BBQ down here was set up by a local member and quite honestly besides Gdm Phil (who I think traveled far) most of the attendance was somewhat local but admittedly I don't really know where most members live. And also I know GK put in some serious time and effort making it a success. That said, if someone in your area organized an event, let's say with participation from the west palm area at a minimum of say ten, I would definitely get in my car and drive to attend. Can't speak for anyone else but I do believe others would travel as well to support Boatless events and meet more personalities in person.

Of course, after I travel up to you the next time we are hosting something down here you can expect a PM from me reminding you that it's your turn. But that's the way it should work resulting in larger Boatless events with increased attendance which is the goal of many members. There were 87 rods lined up on a bridge this weekend in the Keys. I know the next time it will exceed 100. Aalkukhun drove all the way down to the Keys from West Palm on the 'chance' everything I have said was true. I think I will be seeing him again on another bridge or something in the future. But maybe it would be because the Grunk King graciously offered him a very large mutton snapper for the ride home. Big one (not as big as Miles lol) but a big one. And I think it was the first time GK ever met the man!!!

Nuff said from me for sure. :auto: :auto: :auto:
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

gruntking
LUMBER-JACK

Post by gruntking »

Your a great guy rich and I'm glad you had a good time down here
fishman joe fb fishmanjoe instagram
YOU CAN CALL ME CAPTAIN

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

agreed I go out fishing and when your alone people sometimes just snub their nose at you. if we dont help each other with our sport it wont progress. Even in major league sports competitors give each other tips. glad to be part of the forum and glad to have had made numerous friends.

with that said boat should be here by the 15th if anyone would like an intro to vert jigging dont hesitate to call
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

at what point did the white shirt come off and the work start?
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

If it wasnt for a car accident I would have been down there. Hopefully next me ill be there
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Great Post :cheers: :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

cudaman
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by cudaman »

Great words Rich!!! :toast:

I know everyone had a great time. It is always worth it to be present in these meets. And I know for sure that Al took a lot of knowledge with him, he was not affraid to ask question and I know he got many answered.

It was great meeting you all there.

Hope all is well on the car accident cantseeme.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

It was a great time, good to meet some new faces. Hope you guys caught some more fish after I left Sunday.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

I liked it so much I forgot to fish LOL

But seriously it was amazing. I totally digged this trip.

And pacino aka (AL) is class act for sho.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

STRIZ wrote:And pacino aka (AL) is class act for sho.
That boy definitely has to speak to Tommy as to how he can officially change his screen name to Pacino. One trip to the Keys and the group changed his name from whatever that word is he had been using to a great gift of a handle directly from the forum. I had no idea how to pronounce the other name. Sounded like a sneeze or something to me. :auto:

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

this means im gonna have to do my al pacino voice when we group up??? awesome post and yeah when i first came on here a few yrs ago, i was searching for snook and and reading and posting mad questions and i have had the pleasure of meeting a good handful of the guys on different occasions, usually at anglin's and one of my first questions when im talking to someone is hey are you on the forum?? sadly when i met joe in tampa i was late cause of meeting a friend and then car trouble( no coolant before driving back to laudy that night) but i did manage to deliver the man some beers, it was cold as funk so we all left skyway. joe gave me a grouper lesson that night actually, that i have not forgotten.

point in case this forum breeds great friendships and tons of knowledge and im glad to be a part of it. sadly i work weekends as we have seen me bish about over and over and icant make these trips or bbq's :( club life. anytime anyone wants to link up though wed thur or friday im always up for it... great post KOTS
the awesome thing is even if fishing is slow we will always be in good company almost anywhere we fish, someone is always around.

mogenmyle
Seasoned Fisher

Post by mogenmyle »

hey rich thanks for breakfest that was awsome

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

That was a great breakfast, Thanks. ya know one of the things you hear allot around here is "put in the time" to find where, how and when to fish. but it also applies to the amount of forum people you meet. You will find most guys are just trying to get to their next fishing trip and are ready to tell you how good they are. Some are even willing via a screen name be the self appointed the :king: (joke) of this or that. But most will not talk about spots on the forum b/c of the amount of online hits. If you see the same person while out fishing and you will usually find out how generous they are with info. BTW You should share too. That being said, sometimes guys get jealous of friendships and post silly captions on pics.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

I have had the pleasure to meet people that have become friends to me. Some more than that.

I will never forget a trip to the keys with a friend now my brother and I can honestly say another brother followed and another.

Unreal and yet so real.

Close friends for sho
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Rijkaard wrote:Hey Richard it's funny how you came on the forum just by the time I was off and then we ended up meeting on a 38' contender in a crazy Tortugas fishing trip, can't second most what you said, I just made a lot of great friends here and that's just credits to Tommy who made it, still remember first time I met him on Deerfield Pier when I was all hyped up with my first big jack crevelle, talkin' bout 9 yrs ago and that's where mostly everything started :oops:
I am glad to see you around, it will be good to see you at the BBQ.

I think about that Jack you caught all the time you had the biggest smile on your face, I still have the picture and just looked at it a month ago.
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Nicknut
Fisher

Post by Nicknut »

Great post. As a business owner and parent of a 4yr old and a 4 month old, my time to fish is severely impacted, and my time to participate even more. Still at some point I've got to join you all at your next 'Lloyd get-together to meet some people that clearly seem like down to earth decent folks. In the meantime I'll continue to lurk (and catch em up as I can).

NashN
Fisher

Post by NashN »

How can I find out when the next BBQ/meet is going to take place? I don't want to miss it! I will travel to the meet, no matter where it is. NasN, Boynton Beach, FL.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Well it's been over 2 years since the last one. We've been getting together on Herbs YC trip which is always a good time.

So who's up for a party?
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I think we should plan a bridge fishing trip

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I'm not trying to be negative but, just not enough active members to get this off the ground. As you can see only 1 reply since Pat posted. Bridge fishing get together.....That wont fly either. Last event we had a few pages of folks coming and only a hand full came. Some come on just to check post and move on. Years back members that fished together in the range of 4 to 8+ in each group.. It was much easier to get this off the ground. Each group of people who fished together usually showed up. I might be wrong so dont take this to heart. This place is dead, it has been for a long time now. I still enjoyed the past fishing with my brothers, but literally many have moved on. A few, I still fish when i can, others are way too far to do the long weekend fishing. Prove me wrong

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Rare wrote:Prove me wrong
:scold:

We have so far

crashmister
NachN
Kblue
Rare
k5523915
... I am sure Cudaman, GreenTide, clarence2society, will join...
And Surely there will be more... :driving: PM me
Maybe, KOTS may be on over facetime. I hope he is still alive.
Also, where is our big Boss Tommy?
And Maybe, our superhero GK is coming too.
Also, Jared will come too

This web site is still better than 360tuna or others where all the posts made by vendors

This was 2015 bridge gathering... Believe or not, this was my first time with boatless bridge fishing.
_DSC0827.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

You havent proven anything... eatpop

Oh,my.....Well I'm glad you took it upon yourself to hold this rally. Start a new thread and let it begin chairman (tommy

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

C5 was a nice one. Is a while back ey
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

STRIZ wrote:C5 was a nice one. Is a while back ey
Indeed it was, bud. :toast:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Lets go to blunt key . :bounce:

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Yeah Joey was pissed cuz he quit and I was walkin by every half hour or so spreading the smell LMFAO
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”