Snow Bird Stuck Here,

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Snow Bird Stuck Here,

Post by CELLFISH »

Hello Fellow Fishers,

I'm a Snow Bird Stuck Here from the beaches of Long Island N.Y., till further notice cause the inlaws are in need of our care. Anyway had much fun with the Jacks, Pomps, Sharks and Blues this season ( lotsa fun ) and I did fairly well considering I'm not as familiar with the fishing techniques here near the Dania Beach / Port everglades area, as back home.

It would be interesting to know with the spring season here, what species would be favored by the Boatless Veterans in the upcoming months, Any feedback would be appreciated.

BTW, watching the bikini babes passing by is an added bonus to those windless days, another advantage of being a Boatless Fisherman for 20 years now...

be well, be safe,
CELLFISH,

... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Re: Snow Bird Stuck Here,

Post by SaltyDog »

Should be pomps whenever the wind is blowing favorable. Summer bait starts showing up Juneish snook tarpon jacks

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Hello and Welcome :toast:
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

Thanks for the reply,

Btw, those 6-7 pound Jack Crevalles fight just as hard and maybe even harder than 12 pound bluefish... They eat everything,,, Kool... Taste pretty good on a wood fire grill too...

CELLFISH...

... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

SaltyDog
KING MACKEREL

Post by SaltyDog »

Go to the nearest inlet and throw big poppers first light and sun down you will beat 8# no doubt big poppers

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

where abouts on long island
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

Hey gdm Phil,

yes central south shore is where im most happy with, the standard Jones & Robert Moses inlets thing but you''ll never find me on the rocks though aint no fun,

gotta admit though the fish variety here in the Southeast is more plentiful than the standard big three we get on long Island beaches, Striped Bass, Blues, Fluke and oh yeah Sea Robins...

later mate, cellfish.

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

Hey SaltyDog,

thanx for the tip bout throwing Big Poppers, the Bikin Babes on the sunset shift should enjoy the view....

cellfish...

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

im a levittowner
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

Hey Phil, good to know i aint aolne... LOL...

and this website is very easy to browes around, nice and clear and simple, Good Job Boatless Commander & Chief...

CELLFISH...

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

CELLFISH wrote:Taste pretty good on a wood fire grill too...
Are you talking about Blues or Jack Crevalle?

Plenty of New Yorks- New Jersey seem to enjoy our Jacks....says it's better than blues.

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

the bluefish under 10 #'s are the best, seasoned with fennel seed, quickly pan fried served on the colder side with lemon..been eaten 'em for years like that...

according to fish reports the jacks have a bad rep around here for eats, cant figure out why,. ? fileted quickly marinated carribbean / meditterannean style, lemon, onion, garlic, parsely or cilantro, oregano, hot pep flakes. S&P, on a wood fire ( not commercial charcoal ).. the staff from the local restaurant wants em all...

two beers, rice and tomatoes finish the job...

would love to post some pics... posting pics arent so easy on this site though, .need practice...

cellfish...
later...

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

On hallandale beach, Picked up a few blue runners on pomp rig with squid starting around three on the incoming, nice northeast breeze... Cut a chunk of the Blue runner for an 8/0 circle.. NADA till 6:00 had to leave from the higher winds..

CELLFISH...

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

"Jones & Robert Moses inlets" brings up lots of memories to me... those party boats at captree... fluking... I was at Stony Book 1991 ~ 1995.
Fluke and striper fishing were my major..lol

Fishing bites here in S FL is a little different... I would say fish bites is a lot more sensitive here with a choice of bait and freshness of bait...
Try to use live bait...like live blue runner. if you want to score a big one.
I can't think there is any fish in LI that can run like a big jack... As Salty dog said, inlet early morning with popper...

Talking about tasting blue to S FL locals is a mistake... simply because they are so spoiled...almost first world problem...lol

HJared
KING MACKEREL

Post by HJared »

everyones' got different tastes, some people like the taste of but hole. i prefer snapper and grouper.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

HJared wrote:everyones' got different tastes, some people like the taste of but hole. i prefer snapper and grouper.
So, you have tasted a butt hole but the snapper and grouper is your choice...Got it! (tommy

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

CELLFISH wrote:the bluefish under 10 #'s are the best, seasoned with fennel seed, quickly pan fried served on the colder side with lemon..been eaten 'em for years like that...

according to fish reports the jacks have a bad rep around here for eats, cant figure out why,. ? fileted quickly marinated carribbean / meditterannean style, lemon, onion, garlic, parsely or cilantro, oregano, hot pep flakes. S&P, on a wood fire ( not commercial charcoal ).. the staff from the local restaurant wants .

Cellfish,

By adding all that are you not masking the taste of the real fish? How does it taste with just salt and pepper?

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

that funny, im sure everyone had a taste of but whole at on time or another..LOL...

any i always grill with a marinade, it keeps the fish, lamb chops, chicken breast, shrimps moist and flavorful and Im not sure how something thing would grill with just S&P except a hamburger. I forgot to mention i use canola oil not olive oil, as canola oil has a neutral flavor and a higher burning temp than olive oil...

anyway if homemade marinades are too troubling to prep, Costco has a gallon of MOJOE. for around $7.00 or so that looks inviting...

hope it works for ya,
cellfish...

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

its 10:13, good night...
cellfish...

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

HEY RARE,

Badio MOJO Marinade from Costco $12.00... use for everything, pork, chicken etc..

enjoy,
cellfish..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Never heard of this stuff. Is that a specialty item only from Costco up north?

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

RARE,

I'm surprised not anyone else is chiming in on this, anyway all the costcos have it in this quantity, and all. Supermarkets have some variety and size of MOJO / marinades available,

Look for the one with the healthiest ingredients void of msg, salts, nitrates etc...

Let me know, !!!!
CELLFISH...

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

Hows this look,
cellfish,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”