Central Florida fishing spots

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
colt
Fisher

Central Florida fishing spots

Post by colt »

Hello Anglers, my user name is Colt, I'm considered by age a senior citizen and I recently moved to central Florida (Orlando), I love fishing but I no longer own or have access to a boat. Looking for information on good fishing locations for fresh and salt water fishing within a 50 mile radius.

It would also be helpful to recommend the bait being used for specific fish and the best time of day based on the anglers previous success. Thanks in advance.

MrEnigma
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Central Florida fishing spots

Post by MrEnigma »

I haven't done any fishing there myself, but my wife grew up in central Florida so I am a little familiar with the area. I have heard good things and seen a lot of people fish the St. John's river, particularly lake Monroe:

https://goo.gl/maps/dcH5Jd1NjzQ2

Google tells me it at least has largemouth bass. Down here (So. Fla.), I catch them with texas rigged worms mostly, or spinnerbaits occasionally.

Edit: See also, http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/o ... story.html

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Very similar to the S. Florida area, carry a rod with you at all times, if you see water sneak in a cast or two.

7' fast action spinning rod, 3000/4000 size reel, 10 to 20 pound braid... you choice of fluro, mono, or no leader at all. If surface weeds or lillys toss frogs, if not worms, purple, watermelon, pumpkin rigged weedless.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

colt
Fisher

Post by colt »

Thanks for the prompt responses, I see that I'm going to like this forum already!

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”