New...hi everybody

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
Filigree1
Fisher

New...hi everybody

Post by Filigree1 »

We are a retired couple who are planning to once again start pier fishing the Dania pier evenings. I'm 64 and my bigger half is 74. I am a retired RN (Joan) and my baby is ex-Navy (Cecil). I grew up on Long Island and spent every summer and weekend fishing on the family boat. Only problem is northern fishing is nothing like Florida. Oh sure, I catch stuff, even a tarpon once and some Tuna and Blue Fish off the Dania Pier over the years, but to be honest I don't know what I'm doing in Florida and I know it and think some of my catches were just luck. Another kind fisherman on the dock one early morning took pity on my frustration and introduced me to sabiki rigs to catch my bait and showed me how to catch SIlversides. Cecil was raised in Dade but he wasn't on water, so he rarely fished although he does like it but knows as much as I do. Basically, we are looking to find out everything we need to know to be successful fishing Dania Pier and we'd love to hear from you all. I'm the more verbal one, so I'll be doing most, if not all of the postings. Any help, advice, etc WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: New...hi everybody

Post by Green Tide »

Welcome to the forum
With the 10th anniversary of this place having passed last year that gives you all the research you need at Dania pier. If you read through that and figure out the seasonal patterns of the fish that come through you will be able to figure out what type of fish is available for this time of year and narrow down your presentation.
Other than that it's a lot of monkey see monkey do. For example the Pompano were coming through late last week. Some people will be casting jigs others will be using Sand fleas and shrimp on the bottom.
Your daily assault will be very beneficial for the rest of the form if you could post good and bad days. Don't forget to use the pier cam from home for real-time tied and wave action.
Good luck and you should have been here yesterday!

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: New...hi everybody

Post by crashmister »

Welcome! Dania has a huge data base here. Simply search previous posts and follow the piers thread. Anything else, just ask.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”