New to Tampa

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
KayakBluefish
Fisher

New to Tampa

Post by KayakBluefish »

Hi everyone,
I just started going to the University of Tampa right next to the hillsborough river
Im originally from New York where I did a lot of saltwater kayak fishing.
I would like to meet and fish with other fishermen in the area, I'm not sure
how to fish the area, it seems like there are No Fishing signs everywhere.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: New to Tampa

Post by krash »

Fishing there is very good... specially if you can get yer self a kayak.

My sister lives up that river and her kids, all grown and gone now, have always done good fishing the riiver behind the house and around bridges for Snook. The Bay is loaded with opportunity for Redfish, Trout, Snook... plus Cobia and many other species. The Skyway bridge,of much the old one that was knocked out years ago by a wayward ship, has been left in place and you can drive out on it to park and fish fomr either end... Kings and stuff are always caught from there.
My Son live up there right near where you jump off 275 at Kennedy and he fishes that area in a kayak... Reds, Trout, Snook.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

KayakBluefish
Fisher

Post by KayakBluefish »

krash wrote:Fishing there is very good... specially if you can get yer self a kayak.

My sister lives up that river and her kids, all grown and gone now, have always done good fishing the riiver behind the house and around bridges for Snook. The Bay is loaded with opportunity for Redfish, Trout, Snook... plus Cobia and many other species. The Skyway bridge,of much the old one that was knocked out years ago by a wayward ship, has been left in place and you can drive out on it to park and fish fomr either end... Kings and stuff are always caught from there.
My Son live up there right near where you jump off 275 at Kennedy and he fishes that area in a kayak... Reds, Trout, Snook.

Thanks for the information,

What kind of techniques are used to catch snook near bridges? I don't have a car so right now I'm pretty much limited to what I can walk or bike too, also no kayak.The riverwalk next to the hillsborough has a bunch of No Fishing signs :x :x .

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

My nephews are all into live baits, cast netted up.. but they do toss lures like the Mirro lure's and X-raps.. Snook mostly at night.
I'd find a bridge or other spot with some current and lights shining in the water... MPO -- DOA shrimp glow color upstream and float through the light,, or top-water Spook in bone color..

4000 series reel, 7' med action reel, 20# braid with fluro leader 25-40#
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”