New to forum

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
millbilly
Fisher

New to forum

Post by millbilly »

Hello, I live in Massachusetts and fish for striped bass and bluefish. I am planning a trip to visit family in Florida the end of January and beginning of February. I will likely go out on a charter boat at least once but would like to get more fishing in from land. I know nothing about fishing in Florida and joined this forum to learn before I come down. I plan to be in New Port Richie for a few days and then Highland Beach, Boca Raton, for a few days. I am planning on bringing a 7' medium/heavy travel rod. Any info on what type of fish are around Jan/Feb, what types of lures to bring or buy there, access, etc would be greatly appreciated! Because I am only bringing a 7' rod I am planning on probably fishing in the IC in Highland Beach and/or the Boca Inlet.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Re: New to forum

Post by Green Tide »

Newport Richie is on the West Coast they have some pretty good beers I mean piers over there And the people are fairly nice but don't get used to that because it's different on the East Coast .
You should try to schedule the Skyway bridge to fish on your way to The East Coast.
If you're just casting I would use chrome gotchas with a redhead and then get some DOA shrimp in whatever color the local shop tells you to buy
They will also work on the East Coast But that time a year the shrimp will be Giants over here so plan on using live shrimp for bait.
Go back and research on this forum for Sebastian Inlet Juno Pier and Deerfield Pier which are all fairly close to Boca. Redfish and sheepshead will probably be plentiful also whiting or croaker.
If you want to experience true South Florida fishing try to make a run down to the Rickenbacker Causeway in Miami early one morning

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”