New Here

This is the area where you may introduce yourself and let others know a little about you.
orvis1
Fisher

New Here

Post by orvis1 »

New south Florida resident here. Live in the Pembroke pines area looking to learn more about fishing in this part of the county. Moved here from Utah glad to help out with any intel if anyone takes a trip out that direction.

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: New Here

Post by krash »

Welcome, I'm out in that part f the area.. Cooper City.
What kind of fishing do you plan to do... I used to fish the local fresh water areas but not so much any more. Mostly now I paddle, in either my canoe or paddle-board in Biscayne Bay, Flamingo, or Choko for salty stuff. When I get an offer to go on the boat dolphin fishing or lobster diving that's my first choice, but I don;t own a boat and can no longer dive due to heart issues.

In P-Pines, where are you ? There is plenty of fresh water and if you see or live on a spot with access to the water you can likely catch LargeMouth (Black) Bass, Peacock Bass, and/or quite an assortment of Ciclids, Tilipia, and maybe a Bream, with some options to catch Snook or Tarpon.
Assuming you can cast, Start simple and get a couple spinner baits yellow/white gold leaf blades, and Rapala X-rap's silver or gold over black... walk a few banks and start casting.. cast a few times if you see a culvert, sprinkler goose, or shopping cart.
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Hello and Welcome (tommy
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

CELLFISH
Weekend Warrior

Post by CELLFISH »

yes hello ORVIS, there's enough past treads and postings here on this website to give ya a good heads up, fresh & salty stuff, very informative, scroll around..

it helped me., catch em up., BTW, boss, is it safe to lurk again.?. cellfish.. :salut: :patriot:

... sand under my bare feet is better than subway steps with steel toe boots on ...

Laz1287
Weekend Warrior

Post by Laz1287 »

Welcome!

Personal suggestion.....stick to salt water fishing if you plan to consume what you catch. Freshwater fishing can be fun, but most of our inland water system is chock full of pollutants.

Since you're in Pines, like me, you can literally drop a line in any local body of water nearby and catch something. I'd suggest brushing up on local fishing ordinances on the FWC http://myfwc.com/ website. There's a few fresh water fish that are protected, not to mention the size and catch limits on most of the species in both fresh and salt water.

Return to “Who are you? Introduce yourself here:”