Re: Middle Keys Fishing Reports

Post by Green Tide »

Bridge Capt. I got to remember that one

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

DonOne
Seasoned Fisher

Post by DonOne »

Hey Last, last earlier this week you reported that the water color was no longer that dirty green but now blue. Was that the case yesterday as well?

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

DonOne wrote:Hey Last, last earlier this week you reported that the water color was no longer that dirty green but now blue. Was that the case yesterday as well?
Yes but the fishing was actually not bad if you check the pic in the page before

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

nice haul brother... i was gonna fish in am but i think my friend wants to take the boat out now that thigns have cleared up pretty good.... hopin i can get a slot or two this weekend
by the way i should be free to fish all day sunday... ill be ready to go.. conditions looks half decent compared to last few weeksi think this weather hopefully blew that green water out

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

clarence2society wrote:nice haul brother... i was gonna fish in am but i think my friend wants to take the boat out now that thigns have cleared up pretty good.... hopin i can get a slot or two this weekend
by the way i should be free to fish all day sunday... ill be ready to go.. conditions looks half decent compared to last few weeksi think this weather hopefully blew that green water out
It did bro the water was a nice blue just a little sandy but you could see bottom in most parts so that was nice. Sunday I gotta check but I may able to go

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

let me know.... i dunno if my boy adam is gonna wanna take the boat out again but id like to hti the bridges... man shrimp everywhere in broward tues... i need a net for down here....

Dropping Rigs
Weekend Warrior

Post by Dropping Rigs »

Good Afternoon Everyone.

Late post from Sunday. I made my way down to Long Key mid morning. Caught a couple of Grey Snapper just over 11" and a grunt before calling it. Fighting the wind was intolerable. On the way back up, I stopped on one of the flat bridges on Card Sound. It was sheltered enough not to be affected by the wind and slosh. Spent about an hour. I saw a couple of Reds that avoided my bait like the plague. Hooked a porgy that unhooked itself as I was trying to swing it over the rail. I tried slapping it over the rail, but failed miserably. Shortly after I landed a 15" Sheep. Decided to end my day on the high note. I've had better days, but I can't pass up an opportunity to fish. I find as I get older, those opportunities start to come farther and fewer. On a side note, I second the problem of getting shorted on shrimp at what was once Jack's. Needless to say, I don't shop there anymore. I used to be in the business and know what it's like to work with and for people who do that, and can't stomach it.
Life is awesome when your hobby is your career and your career is a hobby.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

[quote="Dropping Rigs"]

Good to see ya around! You know you should have had your own place by now so we can get the good baits and stuff! :toast:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

Someone Caught a nice PERMIT :mrgreen:

NOT ME THO

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Rolling dice......about time :toast:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

He must be sleeping ,I'm happy for him

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

no kidding?? so did i. hahahahahah

due this fight tore me up im still hurting.. he ran 100 to 150 yards of my top shot 50 lb. i was on my star delux 8 foot with jigmaster red 500... holy crap...... i had to go up n down bridge and pull and walk n reel pull walk reel.. i had to wait i had to walk the damn dog.. i had to pop my weight off where he had me snagged up... and luckily other ppl were out and someone helped with the net otherwise i woulda had to go down to point and grab him by hand...... im goign to weigh him in a few mins i just woke up.. need to find my little scale.... but i finally got him....

I owe big thank yous to the ppl who helped me on this venture.... rare, blue, RAUL!! a lot, tommy for his bridge lessons ( your voice was over my shoulder the whole time brother i swear i heard you talkin keepin me calm). walked him in like so.... and if i forgot anyone sorry... oh pat duh, my pops.

biggest fish i have gotten on a bridge and prob biggest landed period sadly. not countign sharks... weight class this guy takes the cake even over my mahi...

he was a worthy adversary. i have nothign but respect for this fish.

and i swear to you I let out a predator scream after he was in the cooler finally. I yelled top of my lungs at 12 am on the bridge.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

i mean im actually smiling in a pic... i didnt even know i was smiling

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

That's what it's all about Jerry I still remember my first Congrats

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Very awesome, congrats dude. Proving once again that it's all about putting in the time. :toast:

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

500-700 dollar fish right here if you count baits and gear and lead and gas and fodo and al lthe supplies muahahaha...

poop that two bigguns in 2 weeks .. that jewfish was nice size too

k5523915
Old Salt

Post by k5523915 »

damn son!! thats awesome!! i need to catch my first bridge permit too!

by the way.. this fish has less yellow on its belly compare to the one we caught in haulover

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

ill take another pic in daylight im goign to go clean him in a few minutes he is packed in 50 lbs or mroe of ice

xtremeh18
Old Salt

Post by xtremeh18 »

Nice catch bro! Congrats on your permit :toast:

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

dude you did everything on your own and got one under your belt :thumleft: :thumright: its on now lol.im just sorry i wasnt there grrrrrr.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Congrats, my brotha! It was a sweet victory for you and for us as well. I know how hard ya work for that fish :toast: Just like Miami Chris said, putting in the time! I didnt get any sleep last night just letting you know....lol!

The keys if on the right area was on fire this weekend!!! eatpop

Make sure ya tip the man right! (tommy

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Ok jst now out of ice bath of 40 plus lbs to be cleaned and he is 24lbs. One more pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Nice work on a huge fish Jerry the second one will come much faster for you than the first.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

Nice permie!!! Nothing sweeter! Congrats! Bro!!!

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

thanks guys.. i had the science on my side this time.. i knew exactly what time to drop that last bait and where the moon had to be and i said 5 mins before it was time... and i was dead on...learned the patterns..... so much meat omg...... crazy..... got 10 lbs plus out of him.. and man he is tasty i seasoned liek lobster and the consistency is like pork or chicken... i think im gonna have some lettuce wrap fish tacos with the pieces i didnt eat yet... quick healthy fix. lots in freezer next to my two pomps... cornbeef is in oven for st pattys early dinner:)

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Very nice guys congrats !!! Jerry stud permit bro sick as hell... so I came out today threw back 3 16 in muttons .... also there was many taxmen around ... 3 Birds and the Bees sharks chased my Birds and the Bees yellow jack and bit in half about 6 porgies and straight up took a mutton and who knows what other fish. Literally within 1 min of hooking up your drag would scream and hey would cut off. There was some macks around following the sharks too

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

clarence2society wrote:thanks guys.. i had the science on my side this time.. i knew exactly what time to drop that last bait and where the moon had to be and i said 5 mins before it was time... and i was dead on...learned the patterns.....
So happy to hear this...
You made your moment with your own instinct... 100-150 yard of initial run is a lot to manage for bridge permit... and you had your fight under control... You deserved it... :toast:

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

learned from our last trip thats how i knew it was time and when to drop bait. for real. same thing bro.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Got a late start almost wasnt gonna fish but im headed out to bridges now if anyo e wants to meet up im omw... hit me up by phone if u got it or reply here where ur at

Kylo ren
Fisher

Post by Kylo ren »

Anybody got any new reports for the middle keys?

Return to “Monroe County”