Kemp Channel span repair in progress

Boatless Fishing Reports for Monroe County, Florida Keys
Green Tide
SHARKER

Kemp Channel span repair in progress

Post by Green Tide »

Went down to lower Keys last weekend and was surprised to see the span replacements have begun. This is around mm 22.
As you have watched bridge after bridge close to fishing it is just great news the repairs are actually happening. The method is a metal stucture with high sides that look kinda like the golden gate without cables.I have noticed the same style being installed across the Griffen road canal in Cooper City. It will basically sit right on top of existing tunnels or aquaducts and allow you to fish all the way across.
Also noticed the trail to be complete up to both ends of spanish harbor bridge. Maybe it is next. :reeling: :reeling: :reeling:

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

swordfish
SHARKER

Re: Kemp Channel span repair in progress

Post by swordfish »

Green Tide wrote:Went down to lower Keys last weekend and was surprised to see the span replacements have begun. This is around mm 22.
As you have watched bridge after bridge close to fishing it is just great news the repairs are actually happening. The method is a metal stucture with high sides that look kinda like the golden gate without cables.I have noticed the same style being installed across the Griffen road canal in Cooper City. It will basically sit right on top of existing tunnels or aquaducts and allow you to fish all the way across.
Also noticed the trail to be complete up to both ends of spanish harbor bridge. Maybe it is next. :reeling: :reeling: :reeling:
Perhaps the Missouri-Ohio bridges are next… I sure do miss them.

-Swordfish

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

Green Tide wrote:I have noticed the same style being installed across the Griffen road canal in Cooper City.
Hope they do a better job than they did across C11, Griffin road, they had that bridge sitting there on the N. side of the canel for several months, then lifted it into place across the canal, several months ago... its still closed and of no use. It looks like failure to plan how the heck anyone would get off the bridge on the Griffin, South, side.. its like a 6 foot drop straight off with only a few feet before you would hit the guard rail.. there is no way they can easily make it wheel-chair accessible and someone on a bike will surely manage to go right out into traffic on Griffin if they put any kind of ramp there.... looks like a total waste of tax payers $$$$, what purpose could a bridge there serve ?
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

No bigger a waste of money than the million dollar bridge to no where on 1400 SW 130 Ave Krash ....
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

. I like how the state uses the same structure design multiple times for dollar savings. However it is countered by poor installations in some places.
For example the bridge platforms are all the same size. They are at different intervals for some reason but all the same design and install.
I think that is what they are going for with the current steel span. It can be made wider or longer but still keep the same look. Fishing through the vertical holes will be aggravating but I am sure you can't keep fisherman out.
It is great to see the state follow through with the plan to replace the spans once removed because of safety. I can't see one that will be better then Spanish harbor. It really won't even matter what time of year it is. Drop a nice winter shrimp down on a jig head. That place has been closed for ever.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

My goog friend is working for state... manages many construction contracts... I will ask him.

Return to “Monroe County”