Upper Keys Fishing Reports

Boatless Fishing Reports for Monroe County, Florida Keys
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Re: Upper Keys Fishing Reports

Post by cantseeme47 »

snapperfanatic18 wrote:Keep at it, but you gotta get out at night for them mangs man! Nice report.

I dont get it i do decent during the day bit i at night its sucks for me when it comes to grovers. I gotta figure something out cuz its to dam hot to fish during today
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

snapperfanatic18
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by snapperfanatic18 »

I know bro..idk how u do it, unless youre on a boat.. try fishing the tunnels and pilings

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

yep,
moving around tunnel by tunnel was the technique for day and night... Of course, someone in this forum taught me... well, he didn't say to keep it within me so I share... :wink:

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

If you're talking about last weekend I had the same problem. Sounds like you're doing it right and so was I last weekend but it just didn't happen

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Majority of the mangs are on the reef making baby mangs. Still got a few more weeks, and I am sure they will show back up along the pilings.

ffishermen1
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ffishermen1 »

I was down there for the past weekend as well with the kido's we fished Long Key Saturday night. We were out there for about 5 hrs and not much action that night. We caught a baby Mutton and threw it back. That was the highlight of the trip :( there was a nasty Tstorm rolling in so we decided to call it a night.

Will be back down there next month so maybe the bite will be better.

SaltLife27
Seasoned Fisher

Post by SaltLife27 »

Does Jacks have live shrimp and pinfish? Their phone goes straight to voicemail. Thanks

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

SaltLife27 wrote:Does Jacks have live shrimp and pinfish? Their phone goes straight to voicemail. Thanks
In general they have live shrimp and pinfish. Be warned though generally this time of the year unless you are targeting lookdowns live shrimp are a waste as most are to small for real bait. I would go to Outdoor world at least there you can handpick your live shrimp and pinfish.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Even though you are hand picking at BPS the price is no higher than jacks which doesn't let you hand pic.

DonOne
Seasoned Fisher

Post by DonOne »

What is the current price at BPS?

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluesea »

DonOne wrote:What is the current price at BPS?
3$ If I'm not mistaken.

DonOne
Seasoned Fisher

Post by DonOne »

For hand picked, not bad at all. Thanks.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

ffishermen1 wrote:I was down there for the past weekend as well with the kido's we fished Long Key Saturday night. We were out there for about 5 hrs and not much action that night. We caught a baby Mutton and threw it back. That was the highlight of the trip :( there was a nasty Tstorm rolling in so we decided to call it a night.

Will be back down there next month so maybe the bite will be better.

That is a minimum of amount of time for trying the bridge. You should fish a couple of tide changes at your favorite spot. Small pins for the nice grovers,with some hoos out there somewhere for the mutton's in day or night. You can count on having several interruptions for at least the first couple of months of the season.

Return to “Monroe County”