Sunday Sept. 27

This area is for all of Alabama
cotton
Weekend Warrior

Sunday Sept. 27

Post by cotton »

hadn't been in a couple of Sundays; beautiful day on the GS pier. alot of anticipation after a reported sailfish hookup earlier that week. I ended up with 4 grovers, one 14 incher. I am not good with pics, but here is the "money shot"...

it was great to be out there...but I've had to refine my "technique"; according to new rules we are "not allowed to fish with a sinker outside the yellow lines"; for the tally books, that's two lines on either side of the octogon that keep us "bottom fishermen" off the end...only we're not bottom fishing, just fishing straight down with a weight on. Some guys occasionally flounder fish along the edge too, but they're not in the way of the kingfishers. So, I went to fishing with no weight, just flylining (correct term?) my bait along the pier; very difficult if not impossible too get it to the fishes level, but I'm working on it. The new rule didn't bother me too much, I understand the difficulty in handling all the different temperaments, but I got a little concerned when Mr. Chuck the pier boss, said "so I guess you're going to continue to bottom fish without a weight?" I wasn't and still don't know if he was mad or just joking, but I told him I wasn't out to break the rules and would fish however he wanted me to, but I was fishing a live bait with no weight, just like the rules say. I think what they really want is kingfishers only...but I'm in compliance :mrgreen: Hopefully, they'll let me continue to fish for grovers...couldn't stand to give that up!!!!

BRunner346
"WE RUN IT"

Re: Sunday Sept. 27

Post by BRunner346 »

nice report cotton
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Re: Sunday Sept. 27

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice report and that sucks about the new rule, fight the good fight and I hope you win it.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Return to “Alabama”