Sunday the 18th October, GS pier

This area is for all of Alabama
cotton
Weekend Warrior

Sunday the 18th October, GS pier

Post by cotton »

yep, me and Nate went Sunday morning; it was cold but not too bad. At 5:30ish we were the only people on the pier. Very clear skies you could really see the stars well, mist coming off the water; wind picked up sharpely at daybread, real hard to stay out there. We kept fishing as the king fishers moseyed out to the end...finally this young man hooked up and landed his first king:

don't know his name but he was sure proud.

I caught a couple of keeper mango's but the bite wasn't very aggressive, though it maintained throughout the day. Nate caught a couple of nice keepers too.

Pug's daughter Fallon caught a nice king and caught a big black drum on an ultra lite! Here is a photo of her, though the king happens to be someone else's its basically the same as hers:

she fought the black drum for quite a while, drawing a big crowd; I think it was between 15 and 20 lbs, quite a feat on 8 lb test.

There were several kings caught as the day warmed up, but the wind was brisk. Chuck said a big king cut a mullet in two up near the surf. Personally, I think the big kings will start running soon, the weather will be clear the next couple of days and I anticipate alot of kings caught. Water wasn't perfect but was fairly clear. The water was still real warm (heck the mangos are still there, so it can't be too cold yet).

We left around 2:30ish Nate wasn't feeling real good, I think the cold wore him out. Here he is with the money shot:

Mangos for supper!

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Re: Sunday the 18th October, GS pier

Post by james380 »

Great report Cotton. As always.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

bolo
USER BANNED