Juno last week...

Fish must have been caught using Artificals, after November 1, 2006.
Please let us know the tackle you used, and the artificial. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible.
Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Juno last week...

Post by Albacized »

While it wasn't red hot, my trip to the sunshine state last week resulted in a couple of memorable catches....These fish were caught on x raps...that was the only bonita I caught while I caught several jacks that were decent sized...also did well with spanish on the smaller x raps (not pictured)...I will say that when I was on the 'other' coast (Naples), I simply 'murdered' the spanish macks...but they were only a little better than half the size as the ones I caught in Juno...I'd take the jump in quality over quantity any day of the week

I was using a cabo 40 loaded with 20 lb Spiderwire Stealth matched with a 3 pc 7 1/2' St Croix Tidemaster Travel Rod - the Jack all but had me spooled (saw lots of silver from the reel's arbor before I stopped him and the bone tried its best to do the same)...some folks were surprised that 15 lb seagar(sp) flourocarbon was enough to deal with these fish

Last edited by Albacized on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albacized
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Juno last week...

Post by Albacized »

PS - it was a barracuda that got the last 1/3 section of the bonita - it kinda spoiled the occasion a bit, but the good news is that I did get a full fight out of the fish before it was mauled almost straight down from the pier as I was waiting for someone to gaff it (and someone took it for shark bait)

Return to “Saltwater: Caught with Artificials.”