Spanish Mackerel

Fish must have been caught using Artificals, after November 1, 2006.
Please let us know the tackle you used, and the artificial. Please post pictures with you, fish, and tackle if possible.
Jules89
Fisher

Spanish Mackerel

Post by Jules89 »

Spent three hours live bait fishing, after no catches I switched to hard baits. Was so desperate I was throwing top water in the dark. Then I remembered I bought a Texas rig kit from dicks and some super flukes, white ice and water melon with the red flakes. The water looked dark so I threw the watermelon with the red flakes on my third cast I thought I was stuck.., who knew a bass lure would catch a Mack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jules89
Fisher

Re: Spanish Mackerel

Post by Jules89 »

Sorry about opening a new thread, I just opened the other thread with Mack’s and realized this belong there. Next time I will look before posting sorry about that

mil7950
Weekend Warrior

Post by mil7950 »

Nice catch. We’re you ripping the fluke across the top of the water?

Jules89
Fisher

Post by Jules89 »

mil7950 wrote:Nice catch. We’re you ripping the fluke across the top of the water?
No I Texas rigged it: 1 foot 12# , two read beads ( one at the top of the 1/4 oz weight and a another at the bottom). I casted out and let it sink to the bottom and skipped it across the bottom like a bucktail

mike j
Weekend Warrior

Post by mike j »

Nice catch !! who cares where you posted it. We need more people to share.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Nice, the macks have definitely pushed in around South Florida.

stardew120
Fisher

Post by stardew120 »

Nice catch! :reeling:
I bought a secondhand Nissan Frontier and installed new sets of Asanti wheels and Toyo tires. I'll try to dedicate more if my time in reforming it to its best condition.

Return to “Saltwater: Caught with Artificials.”