catching baitfish on pier besides sabiki question

This area is for those questions about bait how to catch it, keep it alive and so on.
rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: catching baitfish on pier besides sabiki question

Post by rshields »

From the archives:

viewtopic.php?p=41116

and on line:

http://www.grizzlyjig.com/html/google_eye_jigs.html

Couple of different takes on a gog bug

GrillN
Fisher

Post by GrillN »

Honestly w/o sabikis I keep it simple and old school. Find the smallest hooks around, tie 3 or 4 up on my line with a sinker at the very end. Tip the hooks with tiny cuts of the worlds universal bait (squid). Most of the time the squid will still be on the hook after a catch or two.
Custom 29 C/C

Northwoods
Fisher

Post by Northwoods »

I noticed some of you were looking for small jigs n such. Cabelas really does not have much of a selection. The link I am posting is for a small company that makes quality stuff at good prices and has great customer service.

http://www.customjigsandspins.com/
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed- Justice Alex Kozinski

mmcquade19
Fisher

Re: bill boyds

Post by mmcquade19 »

TLD-CHRIS wrote:bill boyds may be closed im not sure if it is true or false my friend told me it was. if anybody knows let me kno
[googlevideo][/googlevideo]

We were there yesterday, still open but stock is very old. They have live shrimp and a large selection of frozen bait.

fishscout
Fisher

Post by fishscout »

Hey Guys,
Terrific little SW site you have here. Living in Chicago, I only get to SW fish once or twice a year. One suggestion on these small jigs would be looking into ice fishing jigs. I am sure you do not have access to them down in FL...however there are some great sites who carry them up here for a very reasonable price.

jamminjigs.com
customjigsandspins.com
fishusa.com

I used some teardrop ice-jigs the last time I was down in Tampa and was catching all sorts of bait fish on them. In fact, the guys next to me inquired about them, thus I gave what I had because I was heading back home later that day.
Fishscout

Return to “Bait Bucket”