Jacksonville Pier 2016

Beverly Beach, Bunnell, Flagler Beach, Marineland, Palm Coast, Crescent Beach, Fort Matanzas, Fruit Cove, Hastings, Marineland, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach, Switzerland, Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Mayport, Neptune Beach, Amelia Island, Bryceville, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard.
robalo3
Fisher

Jacksonville Pier 2016

Post by robalo3 »

Hit the pier on Sunday March 20 2016 It was a good afternoon 72 slight breeze. When I got there the folks were catching some of the biggest whiting I have seen. I squeezed into a spot and tried to fish with a multihook rig with a pierimid at the bottom with some gulp sand fleas and gulp crabs. also I had some frozen calms and frozen sand fleas. Nada. The locals were on the whiting with dead shrimp. I tried a few casts with a red and silver Gotcha. I did not have enough room to work it good. An hour later a good old boy stepped in with a loud radio and a surf rod and intimidated/dispersed the crowd. One disgruntled local gave me his bait as he was leaving. I had a little more room to cast and work the gotcha. I started catching Blues and Macs left and right using no leader. Of course everyone started cumming over and we all became new best friends talking sharing bait, fish and playing with the pencils on the bench. The tackle shop immediately sold out of Gotcha's while Blues and Macs started coming over the side like you always want to see it. I got cut off several times and ran out of Gotcha's and had to leave all my new found buddies. I saw a few nice Pomps come over the rail but none for me. No bites on the gulp fleas of crabs. Make a note: when you give fish away friends pile up.

Return to “Flagler-St johns-Duval-Nassau”