catching stingrays

This is for Shark info, Tagging , How tos, baits of choice, etc.
diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Re: catching stingrays

Post by diggin4grouper »

strizile wrote:That is good to know Diggin

We have validation because this really is a tricky one.
i wouldn't say validation , because if the officer feels like it he can ticket you for wildlife harassment , just depends on how much of a butt head the officer wants to be , so there is still a fine line in there and yes its very tricky ,

[/quote="shmegger"] I see that you are located in GA[/quote]

yes i do live in ga now but grew up in Jacksonville fl and have grew up fishing the entire state , also have lived in vero ,fort myers and orlando for total of 30 years

chillywill
Fisher

Post by chillywill »

I catch stingrays all the time off my dock useing a chunk of cut mullet with a 3ot hook and a half ounce sinker in a carolina rig set up , best time is about an hour after dark till sunrise . snagging and spearing fish are for those who have no patients or skill and how do you get the thrill of the fight if its stuck to a spear ? they are good to eat remove the wings and cook them anyway you would cook any other fish i like to fry mine in garlic and butter .. i also use the smaller rays for cut bait . if you want excitment take a bass rod and real ( medium tackle ) and hook on to a stingray and let the fun begin .

shmegger
Weekend Warrior

Post by shmegger »

Diggin, an officer isn't going to fine you for snagging a ray any more than a traffic cop will ticket you for going the speed limit. Of course its possible they will do it because they don't like you, but it shouldn't happen.

At first I thought you apologized for incorrectly stating that snagging rays is against the law, and then you went and said they can fine you for it!

This isn't a complicated law issue. There is not a law at all.
Support local fisheries. Buy wild Gulf Shrimp.

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

shmegger wrote:
At first I thought you apologized for incorrectly stating that snagging rays is against the law, and then you went and said they can fine you for it!

This isn't a complicated law issue. There is not a law at all.
like i said it depends on the officer that is there its his choice , and that was coming from the main office , yes there isn't a specific law saying no you cant do it , but if you get an officer that likes the rays and dont like what he see's he can get you with a wild card , and that pretty much covers everything .

but it seems to me that you are a regular member of this site and just hiding under a new nick to stir people up . and if you dont mind stop being irritating , i admitted that i was wrong about it , so leave it at that !

shmegger
Weekend Warrior

Post by shmegger »

Hey, no offense intended, Diggin. If I came off as annoying, it's because I'm annoyed at the confusion over what I see as a straight-forward issue.

I'm not posting under an alt account. I just found this site a month ago, and I'm not here to make enemies, but to learn how to catch more fish and maybe help out a newb. This is me giving you an olive branch :mrgreen:
Support local fisheries. Buy wild Gulf Shrimp.

Return to “Shark'in Info”