Surf Shark Fishing Question

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
Echeverri1994
Fisher

Surf Shark Fishing Question

Post by Echeverri1994 »

Hello does anyone know a good place to catch sharks from the beach? Any exact locations? Also what is a good time to go?

Thank you any responses would be appreciated.

Kevin
Weekend Warrior

Re: Surf Shark Fishing Question

Post by Kevin »

Sorry to break it to you man but many people might tell you a great place to catch em is "in the water" or "in the ocean"...something obnoxious like that. Most people wont tell you THEIR exact fishing spots, maybe just good areas. Try around a little bit and look at places on google earth that might look productive. Many of the shark fishing men on this forum have spent years and years perfecting their spots and wont give them out. Best time to go...for sure at night.

gdm phil
SHARKER

Post by gdm phil »

Take some time and read thenforum you will find all the info you need
Philthy sport fishing
Come get philthy!
561-542-2515
Affordable offshore trips fir the boat less fishermen

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

oh i could probably give you exact locations on where to fish but i dont have a clue where you live though. if you are far then i cant say nothin. :thumright:

Echeverri1994
Fisher

Post by Echeverri1994 »

Wow I cant believe i forgot to mention that I live in Miami.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Right now, any beach from Homestead to Jupiter should be good. Just avoid the Lifeguarded beaches during the day.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

what you need is some good gear, kayak and a gas card. :mrgreen:
if you wanna be in the game you should go big. meaning farther away from home. 8)

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

scout spots out, find beaches with an nice drop off or reef, look for bait and color changes. Any beach can be a good one just stay away from ones with a lot of people or lifegaurds.
-Nick

Echeverri1994
Fisher

Post by Echeverri1994 »

Thanks for all the replys.

pyiyo
Weekend Warrior

Post by pyiyo »

I'd go to Key Largo if I were you. There are lots of spots down that way and it's not that far from you. Maybe look up a charter service and see if they offer it first and make sure you know what your getting into. I use a charter down there http://www.reelchaoscharters.com and he had me on a shark in 5 min at our first stop and I now understand that there is much more to it then just toss out the bait and reel him in. I also learned I needed to get bigger gear to fish from shore as my little Penn 560 wasn't going to cut it. I even doubt some of my 4/0 gear and maybe my 6/0 Penn will handle it.

:reeling:

Return to “Shark'in Reports”