Panama City Beach August 28th through Sept 15th... Need help

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
hillbillysims
Fisher

Panama City Beach August 28th through Sept 15th... Need help

Post by hillbillysims »

I've tried catching a shark off the beach in PCB for 3 years straight (when I say tried... I mean Ive fished at least 4hrs a day)

Used shark rigs with cut bait such as bonita.. usually a few hours before dark. I usually waded out & cast as far as I could (Probaby got it into 8-12ft of water if I was guessing)

Any pointers to help my success this time?

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Panama City Beach August 28th through Sept 15th... Need

Post by fixed80 »

sounds like your doing nothing wrong to me. i usually fish 4 hours myself but now that im starting to target bigger fish i will try to stay 6 - 12.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

Try calling half hitch tackle over by the navy base or going on their website. They don't specialize in sharks but should be able to point you to a location or person/group.
There is also a popular tackle shop about a half mile north of back beach road on hwy 79. They might be able to help too.
Other than that just meeting the guys that shark fish the Dan Russel pier. I don't know if they shark fish the other pier.
If you are down by crooked island sound on the east side of the air force base, there are some right there off the beach.
Post up some pics when you catch some.

You shoulda been here yesterday!!!

hillbillysims
Fisher

Post by hillbillysims »

I'm staying on the FARTHEST west end of PCB...

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

That is one of the few places with hard bottom within a mile of shore. Seems like you would do well there. I know the pomps and whiting are there and possible cobia from the beach in the season.
Keeper red snapper in 25ft of water straight out.
Have you tried where the washout is over by lake powell where the gulf spills through at high tide? Its by Hellen state park at the bridge.

hillbillysims
Fisher

Post by hillbillysims »

Where exactly is that?
Green Tide wrote: Have you tried where the washout is over by lake powell where the gulf spills through at high tide? Its by Hellen state park at the bridge.

Green Tide
SHARKER

Post by Green Tide »

At the very west end where front and back beach roads meet there is a winn dixie. Keep going west and that bridge is where lake powell is. If you look to the left at the gulf while going over the bridge you will see where the water washes through the beach. Sometimes you can get a small boat out and back but it is very shallow.
Naturally the fish feed in that area. I didn't go there much because it was like 30-35 miles from my house. Once you get there on the beach you will see the old pier that is just a bunch of pilings sticking up now. :auto: :auto: :auto:
Pack a lunch and bring your good bait. You may have to walk a bit. Lake powell has good trout and reds in it too.

bait shooter
Fisher

Post by bait shooter »

This is not exactly PC beach , but if you're interested in catching sharks , try Cape San Blas , a few miles to the east . There is a gully there , that runs right along the beach . Loads of sharks in casting range .

Return to “Shark'in Reports”