SoBe Sharkin

This area is for Shark'in Reports from all over, These reports must be catch and Release if you've gone shark'in put them here. All photos of sharks must be alive, there will be no tolerance for Photos of Dead Sharks.

Oh no are there sharks at the beach?
Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

SoBe Sharkin

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Gave my first real attempt at sharking this morning. I lost 3 fish due to tackle failure, had #10 wire (130 lb) break between the swivel and the hook? not sure why, maybe it kinked during the jumps and spinning??? Anyways, we managed to land one on the lighter, old school Penn spinner.
We used blue runners for bait, and kayaked them out 50 yards or so.

Sandy Feet
Weekend Warrior

Re: SoBe Sharkin

Post by Sandy Feet »

Way to go . Even though you lost them , it's a whole lot better than just trying to keep warm , here in North Georgia . Try twisting 2 pieces of wire together . I've done this for years . That way the wire resists kinks .

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

Sandy Feet wrote:Way to go . Even though you lost them , it's a whole lot better than just trying to keep warm , here in North Georgia . Try twisting 2 pieces of wire together . I've done this for years . That way the wire resists kinks .
Thanks for the tip. I upgraded the single strand to cable and made some real shark rigs instead of trying to get by with what I already had on hand.

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

That bad boy almost got a couple of toes there :auto: Very cool catch
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Return to “Shark'in Reports”