Rant - Rubio responding in English AND spanish

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Username28
KING MACKEREL

Rant - Rubio responding in English AND spanish

Post by Username28 »

I am absolutely appauled and disgusted that Rubio will do the response in English and Spanish. Is this AMERICA or Cuba? Give me a break, what a slap in the face to Americans!
This SERIOUSLY disgusts me.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Re: Rant - Rubio responding in English AND spanish

Post by Username28 »

I am fully expecting this to start a war on this forum, as it has on facebook.

My response to that:

If your here in america, SPEAK ENGLISH or Get the hell out!
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Moose
KING MACKEREL

Post by Moose »

Username28 wrote: appauled and disgusted
appalled**
Username28 wrote:If your here in america, SPEAK ENGLISH or Get the hell out!
you're**

Sorry Username, i chose to exploit the irony in this post.

I'm Cuban American (born here), and i feel there are bigger problems with Rubio than the language he chooses to use in response to a question. Now i do agree that things should be done in English here. Hell, i feel the citizenship test should be ONLY in English. But i think the way he embellishes the truth and his loyalties to those outside of politics should be more concerning than the language he chooses.

He's simply playing the game and trying to appeal to the Hispanic voting block. Seeing as how we (Hispanics) are the largest growing minority population in the country, im sure getting us on board for the 2016 election will help Rubio and the potential GOP ticket.

Just saying, we should worry more about the message he is delivering, rather than the way he delivers it.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Smart move by the GOP. I would have expected this from the Democratic party but never the GOP. Just shows how desperate they are to try to get back into the White House. The Hispanic vote more and more will deetermine national elections.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

fishnfool73 wrote:Smart move by the GOP. I would have expected this from the Democratic party but never the GOP. Just shows how desperate they are to try to get back into the White House. The Hispanic vote more and more will deetermine national elections.
:stupid:

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

agonzalez0 wrote:
Username28 wrote: appauled and disgusted
appalled**
Username28 wrote:If your here in america, SPEAK ENGLISH or Get the hell out!
you're**

Sorry Username, i chose to exploit the irony in this post.

I'm Cuban American (born here), and i feel there are bigger problems with Rubio than the language he chooses to use in response to a question. Now i do agree that things should be done in English here. Hell, i feel the citizenship test should be ONLY in English. But i think the way he embellishes the truth and his loyalties to those outside of politics should be more concerning than the language he chooses.

He's simply playing the game and trying to appeal to the Hispanic voting block. Seeing as how we (Hispanics) are the largest growing minority population in the country, im sure getting us on board for the 2016 election will help Rubio and the potential GOP ticket.

Just saying, we should worry more about the message he is delivering, rather than the way he delivers it.
FYI I dont care if your green purple pink spanish jewish hindu....if your in America speak english. You cant go to ........france and expect them to speak english, just because you dont speak french or whatever their language is.

And on the grammar part...bite me...this is the internet, you know what I meant, thats all that matters.

fishboy
Old Salt

Post by fishboy »

What is the official language in America?

cyril1974
KING MACKEREL

Post by cyril1974 »

Exactly, we have NO official language, I speak English, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese.. what the hell is wrong with it.. if he is giving the response in BOTH languages.. then what's wrong with that?? its not like he is talking about you.. hahahahaha... (the reason I learned Spanish in the first place was to see what the hot latinas were saying about this white boy! lol)

Charles

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

cyril1974 wrote:Exactly, we have NO official language, I speak English, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese.. what the hell is wrong with it.. if he is giving the response in BOTH languages.. then what's wrong with that?? its not like he is talking about you.. hahahahaha... (the reason I learned Spanish in the first place was to see what the hot latinas were saying about this white boy! lol)

Charles
I speak english (obviously), spanish, german and mandarin chinese. I REFUSE to speak spanish or ANY other language in this country.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

jettypark28 wrote:I don't see nothing wrong with it... there are alot of older spanish folks out there
that i assume really enjoy it..

and for your info... people have been doing this for yrs... the GOP has to do something
to get back on track.. God knows the left have been doing this for a long time :mrgreen:

Hell if you live in south Fla then i understand why you hate this... LOL spanish is every
where and theres no turning back..

Time/things change i'm just glad i also speak spanish LOL.... pssssssssss you couldve
changed the channel... that is your god given right :patriot: :mrgreen:
I'm not watching that...never have, never will.

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

I was not born here, and I still retain fluency in my original language. However, I also write and speak English... and do so better than many USA natives, especially the ones on this website. :lol:

Additionally, I was not aware that the Internet was an excuse to trash the rules of the English language. Frankly, that bothers me, not Rubio's right to free speech and mode of expression.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

If I heard thd story right this was the first time this was broadcast in Cuba. That would be just another reason for using Rubio. The GOP needs fresh young charismatic blood if they hope you beat Hillary in 4 years. I meet Rubio and he was one of the nicest politicians I ever meet. Not fake nice a really nice guy. If he ran I might actually vote republican again.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Cervesa fria para mi y mi amigos!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Douche bag voted against the VAWA. So much for the white house. He'll be lucky to keep his job. WTF is it with Pug's and women? Sooner they figure out that Ann Coulter and Michele Bachman DO NOT represent the mainstream, the better off they will be. Rubio has a few other issues that make him less than right, but that sure didn't stop Romey did it?
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

diggin4grouper
KING MACKEREL

Post by diggin4grouper »

i hear it all the time here , and ill walk by and say welcome to america , now speak English !

if we go to there country of birth we are expected to speak there language so i expect them to speak ours !!! if they cant speak English they can take there azz back home ! and that includes NEW YORKERS TOO lol

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

diggin4grouper wrote:i hear it all the time here , and ill walk by and say welcome to america , now speak English !

if we go to there country of birth we are expected to speak there language so i expect them to speak ours !!! if they cant speak English they can take there azz back home ! and that includes NEW YORKERS TOO lol
AGREED! I have a Tshirt that says "Welcome to America, Speak English" on the front and on the back "If this shirt offends you, let me help you pack!". I get ALOT of looks with that shirt on, and guess what, I dont give a F^%#!!!

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

rare wrote:
strizile wrote:Other side is there are many that do not leave their community. You go to Hialeah or Lill Havana and you can stay there all your life without speaking English whatsoever.

We have a winner!!!!
Winner? stating facts that are a disgrace is a winner? :scold:

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

so this post is about getting your panties in a bunch because Rubio reiterated something in Spanish? kid get a girlfriend
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

rare wrote:Ummm..What he stated is correct! A good reason why it is the way it is don’t ya think?

I could care less what you speak when you are in public area. You have people flipping & crying a river because of it... Give me a break...What the FK does anyone care what they are talking about if it doesn’t include them nor has nothing to do with them. Now, I do have a problem if you speak both languages & yapping your mouth in a work place that other can’t understand.

Also, do you really think they care about your shirt? They don't cause they can’t read what it says..lol
Oh, but you couldnt be more wrong about the shirt, I speak spanish, fluently, and I cant tell you how many have cussed me out in spanish! They REALLY dont like it when I turn around and tell them "¿No gustó? Salir del infierno!"...they tend to REALLY get mad about that...which basically means "dont like it, get the hell out!"

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”