Obama to GOP: 'Win an election' to change policies

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Username28
KING MACKEREL

Obama to GOP: 'Win an election' to change policies

Post by Username28 »

President Barack Obama challenged the GOP to end political brinkmanship and said Republicans should "win an election" if they so badly wish to change his policies.

In his first extended remarks since the government reopened, Obama said that the public has grown "fed up" with its government and urged lawmakers to move past the conflict of the past few weeks.

"To all my friends in Congress, understand that how business is done in this town has to change," he said.

"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election," The president said. "But don't break it.”

President Obama on the impact of the government shutdown and his agenda for the road ahead.

Advertise | AdChoices

Whether congressional Republicans could resolve their differences with Obama -- their disagreements have characterized governing in Washington over the past two and a half years -- was very much an open question, though. The public has broadly blamed the GOP for the shutdown, though, and Obama pressed his advantage on Thursday.

"We hear some members who pushed for the shutdown say they were doing it to save the American economy," Obama said. "But nothing has done more to undermine our economy in the past three years than the kind of tactics that create these manufactured crises."

The president further said that "nothing has done more to damage our standing with other countries than the spectacle we've seen the last three weeks," which he said had "encouraged" America's enemies as a byproduct.

Obama didn't single out any Republicans by name, but the implications of his remarks were clear. He alluded to the internal Republican turmoil that has helped fuel the GOP's governing paralysis in recent years. Obama urged Congress to "stop focusing on the lobbyists and the bloggers, the talking heads on radio and the professional activists who profit from conflict" -- a thinly-veiled reference to some of the conservative instigators who helped goad some Republican lawmakers into adopting a hard-lined stance that conditioned government funding on undoing the president's signature accomplishment, the Affordable Care Act.

There are some reasons for optimism. Obama mentioned three priorities: a budget, immigration reform and a farm bill. The House and Senate appointed negotiators to a formal conference committee in the past few weeks to work out differences between their legislation.

And late Wednesday, House and Senate leaders appointed representatives to a similar conference committee to hash out the details of the House and Senate budgets. Democratic and Republican budget leaders had breakfast on Monday, and were conciliatory in their language.

But the next test for Washington will come in January, when the latest tranche of government funding expires.

Immigration also faces a treacherous path forward, as House Republicans have resisted passing the comprehensive Senate bill which gives undocumented residents of the United States a pathway to citizenship.

Keep it up Obama, FUK the GOP/Tea Baggers!
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Re: Obama to GOP: 'Win an election' to change policies

Post by Username28 »

jettypark28 wrote::lol: Obama won on hope and color and nothing else... if he was a white man
he never would've have gotten anywhere with his background... you are pretty
clueless when it comes to this aren't you... eatpop but then again the sheep will
never see pass the short coming of their king.... LOL...

Trust me I don't give two chits about Left or Right... but I believe in someone working
for a living and earning their money... When someone comes at me with "I deserve this"
KISS MY FREAKING !@#... go work for it... because unless you are sick or dying give
me a freaking break...

Obama came and promise Bullchit to all his sheep and most are seeing that he is full of it,
but for some reason can't jump ship...

It's pretty simple to win an election when you promise the world to people that don't
work for living and want to hang out on a corner :mad: ....

I don't get piss over anyone making more money than me.... they work for it or were
smarter about it... but damn if i'm going to say "GIVE ME" because some one earn it...

yea our country is headed into the chitter with your way of thinking... but hey carry on
:nopity:
Republicans like you are clueless. That will be proven in Nov and 2016! Nuff said
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

jettypark28 wrote::lol: Obama won on hope and color and nothing else... if he was a white man
he never would've have gotten anywhere with his background... you are pretty
clueless when it comes to this aren't you... eatpop but then again the sheep will
never see pass the short coming of their king.... LOL...

Trust me I don't give two chits about Left or Right... but I believe in someone working
for a living and earning their money... When someone comes at me with "I deserve this"
KISS MY FREAKING !@#... go work for it... because unless you are sick or dying give
me a freaking break...

Obama came and promise Bullchit to all his sheep and most are seeing that he is full of it,
but for some reason can't jump ship...

It's pretty simple to win an election when you promise the world to people that don't
work for living and want to hang out on a corner :mad: ....

I don't get piss over anyone making more money than me.... they work for it or were
smarter about it... but damn if i'm going to say "GIVE ME" because some one earn it...

yea our country is headed into the chitter with your way of thinking... but hey carry on
:nopity:
Whether you blind ass republicans choose to believe it or not...your HATED by more then half of the country now. Good luck in future elections...thats all I have to say. Your BOYFRIEND Ted Cruz and John Boehner have destroyed what LITTLE was left of the republican party. That will be proven. Whether you want to believe it or not... This whole shutdown falls COMPLETELY on the republican side...You can try and shift it all you want, facts are facts. Boehner and his butt buddies fought a losing battle, and they will pay DEARLY. Along with the rest of the NAZI party. Oops...republican party

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

Its like watching the last few years of the Roman Empire...

-swordfish

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

jettypark28 wrote:Half the country... :shock: BAABAAHAAAAAAAAAAA first off i'm not left or right..
I go for who ever has the right views IMO.... and you go by left wing polls LOL...

Sorry to bust your bubble but the country hate EVERYBODY up there and your love
child Obama is leading from under a table right now...

Hell IMO the right did mess up... because if they would have waited... Obamacare would
be the only thing we would be talking about right now... but hey it's coming now
let's see how your love child wiggles his way out of this one..

Half the country... LOL.... and let me see your facts are your worthless statement
on a sound bite that you heard...talk about clueless....

Yes the Zombies are here folks> they are call the "GIVE ME GROUP".... and Obama
and his Sheep are doing just enough to keep "HALF" the zombies in this country
on their side... LOL... You might want to check the approvable ratings on your Hero
Obama... and see where they are going eatpop just saying because you seem to have
all your "Facts" in check :roll: :mrgreen:
Jetty...your a damn hypocrite. " first off i'm not left or right.." Thats the biggest LIE ever. Look at all your posts, they are SO FAR RIGHT its not even funny. Any IDIOT can see that. Welcome to reality. And as far as "sheep" go...your party is the BIGGEST sheep of them all. Wake the hell up and smell the coffee. Oh wait...republicans have THEIR facts...then the REAL facts. Your a HYPOCRITE! " first off i'm not left or right.." BULLCHIT! This comment you made CLEARLY shows just how STUPID the republican party is. Hey...Whats the difference between OBAMACARE and AFFORDABLE CARE ACT??? Mr know it all...

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

People like Jetty are the reason this country is in the shape its in. Hypocrite, liars. They change their mind with the wind. The republican party is HATED by more then HALF of the country right now, yet Jetty thinks they are just golden. How stupid are you Jetty? Seriously? What the REPUBLICANS did the past 16 days has HEAVILY damaged the republican party whether your blind dumbass wants to see it or not. Smoke another joint, or drink another beer, it may help clear your DEAD braincells out.

As for SHEEP...look at Ted Cruz, John Boehner, Sarah Palin, Mitch McConnell...you want to talk about SHEEP? LOL...

Jetty, you are a HYPOCRITE just like the rest of your party. You claim to not be right or left, BULLCHIT...Your EXTREME right, and EVERYONE can see that. Your to STUPID to see it. Typical republican.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

As for me and this thread, I am done. Jetty has proven his LACK of knowledge and EXTREME right wing views. And the fact he is a HYPOCRITE. Jetty, you are a tool. Be gone little boy.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Hey Jetty! This is SURE to piss you off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

strizile wrote:Jetty said he does not belong here or there party wise - which he always did

Well guess sometimes :drunk: but not political LOL

Justin the fact is that not the reps or the dems are in the sh!thouse poll wise - they both are.

The American people are sick and tired of the whole gang left right and center

To point fingers is to keep playing the game. Switch the whole thing out and DO NOT believe anything better will come after but lets have some real CHANGE

You know the stuff we were promised sometime in 2008 and 2012

Trust me it would not matter if Rep or Dem on top since the system itself is effed up

BTW: Read what he said go outside get some fresh air and come back. You are acting a fool
Your RIGHT the entire system is crap. But you REPUBLICANS dont seem to see is...Republicans/Tea baggers are behind this shutdown 100%. Whether you want to believe it or not.

Oh and also...I find it Funny how only certain people say "BTW: Read what he said go outside get some fresh air and come back. You are acting a fool" when I have gotten SEVERAL PM's telling me "Its about someone stands up to that jackass Jetty" I wont get into everything else the PM's said...but I'll say this...I am NOT the one who can see Jetty for what he REALLY is...a hypocrite. I find it funny how only certain people agree with him and back him up. Maybe more people should wake up and smell the "roses" along with him.

Username28
KING MACKEREL

Post by Username28 »

Jetty your to stupid to see the point...Everyone can see you for what you are, a 2 faced hypocrite. I personally dont give a fuk if you like me or not. Your a scumbag. Lets clarify that right here and now. You dont like being backed into a corner when you KNOW your full of chit. Get a life kid.

Now, I have said it before, I will say it for the last time. I am done with this thread. Jetty Park proved what a dumbass he is, I dont need to say anymore.

Live your life in your little bubble Jetty, its the only thing that keeps you sane...kinda...

I am washing my hands of you, you're a complete idiot, and anyone with a brain knows that. To bad your to STUPID to see it.

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”