Bad news for whales and dolphins: Navy to expand sonar tests

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Username28
KING MACKEREL

Bad news for whales and dolphins: Navy to expand sonar tests

Post by Username28 »

Are you fuqing kidding me? With all the technology we have this is the best way to do this? And people wonder why I am anti government. I think we need to put ALL politicians under the water when they conduct these tests. I am NOT A PETA FAN, but this is ABSURD!

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/bad-news ... 2D11749987?
There is a fine line between Love & Hate.Hate is pushing them off a ledge. Loving them means you don't taunt them after you've pushed them off.

Poseidon10/31
KING MACKEREL

Re: Bad news for whales and dolphins: Navy to expand sonar t

Post by Poseidon10/31 »

I've heard numerous times that submarine sonar was to blame for these strandings. It sounds plausible to anyone who has never served on a sub. Being that I served 4 years and did 3 western pacific deployments I can tell you subs are definitely not to blame. In those 4 years we went active sonar maybe once. The point of a submarine is stealth so emitting sonar would just give away ones position, defeating the point of a sub. I can't speak for the surface fleet but my point is that a lot of this is speculation by people who don't have security clearances to even know what type of operations the military do or the technology used. My girlfriend the marine biologist and dolphin trainer said the necropsy of most beached whales revealed brain parasites they blamed for the beachings. Once one gets beached, they others often try to help and wind up beached themselves because their social bonds are so strong.

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”