Gun Violence - MY amendment!

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by Miami_Chris »

You can compare whatever you want, but that doesn't mean they are good comparisons. Guns were created solely to kill, wether for protection or for a means of hunting. Automobiles (even if they do claim a bunch of lives every year) were not invented to kill.

Like I said, I am not against guns at all, BUT, I don't think people should be able to go out and buy guns that are designed for warfare. I think there should be a limit to the amount and type of guns available for purchase to the average citizen. I understand guns will always be part of our culture in this country, it is what it is, but IMO, a little tweeking of the laws wouldn't be a bad thing.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Miami_Chris wrote:You can compare whatever you want, but that doesn't mean they are good comparisons. Guns were created solely to kill, wether for protection or for a means of hunting. Automobiles (even if they do claim a bunch of lives every year) were not invented to kill.

Like I said, I am not against guns at all, BUT, I don't think people should be able to go out and buy guns that are designed for warfare. I think there should be a limit to the amount and type of guns available for purchase to the average citizen. I understand guns will always be part of our culture in this country, it is what it is, but IMO, a little tweeking of the laws wouldn't be a bad thing.
There is a limit as to what weapons people can own LEGALLY . You have to have a special license to own automatics as well as certain calibers all overseen by ATF. (tommy
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

FF is spot on. I had to pay special taxes on each of my fully autos. That was a long time ago but pretty sure it's still similar.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

That is my point. If you have the cash and haven't been arrested, you can own an automatic weapon. That right there is a problem in itself. What happens when you go on vacation and your house gets broken into? That is how lots if not most of these guns end up on the street. Not to mention that people illegally modify weapons all the time. There is no reason for your every day citizen to own any sort of assault weapon. I know my opinion doesn't match many of those on here (this is a fishing forum after all),

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Miami_Chris wrote:That is my point. If you have the cash and haven't been arrested, you can own an automatic weapon. That right there is a problem in itself. What happens when you go on vacation and your house gets broken into? That is how lots if not most of these guns end up on the street. Not to mention that people illegally modify weapons all the time. There is no reason for your every day citizen to own any sort of assault weapon. I know my opinion doesn't match many of those on here (this is a fishing forum after all),
Nope again you show your lack of knowledge on the subject. It is a lot touger than cash and no arrest record to get an automatic weapon. Lots of legal hoops to jump through.Getting a class 3 is a pain in the arse from talking to the few guys I know that have them. I know a lot of gun nuts and the majority have them secured in gun safes. The majority of guns that hit the streets from burglaries are handguns. Where do you get your knowledge that most guns on the street are stolen. I would be intrested in hearing it.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

You're right, I went off crashs post about paying taxes to get his so I posted based off that. Maybe they don't all get stolen, but tracking illegal guns is pretty tough to begin with. My initial point in this whole thread is that certain guns shouldn't be allowed for purchase regardless. Wether it be corrupt arms dealers or people stealing, assault weapons shouldn't be circulating like they are.

fishnfool73

Post by fishnfool73 »

Miami_Chris wrote:You're right, I went off crashs post about paying taxes to get his so I posted based off that. Maybe they don't all get stolen, but tracking illegal guns is pretty tough to begin with. My initial point in this whole thread is that certain guns shouldn't be allowed for purchase regardless. Wether it be corrupt arms dealers or people stealing, assault weapons shouldn't be circulating like they are.
Really because up until last week you could buy an " assault " rifle at Walmart . Assault rifles aren't automatic by definition in this day and age. Assault rifle is a cool term that the media began using to describe any rifle that looks millitary in nature. They made it to get uninformed people to fear the dreaded assault rifle which in most cases is a supped up .22 caliber. It has nothing to do with being automatic or semit automatic in this day and age.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

You guys might want to listen to the resident cop. I had a class 3 federal Firearms license. That was the sole
Reason I couldn legally own ammo eaters. That however was 35 years ago. No clue how much, but I know it's Still a similar registration & fee set up. We used to call it a tax stamp because you got a separate stamp # for each gun, and each gun has its own ID.

Thing is the Clinton assault weapons ban was upheld by the Supreme Court. That's a historical fact. The reason, it only named a specific style of weapon and magazine. It left the rest alone. And it banned the manufacture and sale, not ownership. Meaning the Clinton ban was really regulation by the interstate commerce commission.

Sooner or later serious gun regulation is comming. And all the gun right nut jobs are Going to seriously regret not acting in cooperation when they had the chance. Because they're gonna loose all their toys.

Some legislatures are Currently considering mandatory firearms insurance requirements to own a gun. Well if they can force you to insure your dog because it's a specific breed, you better believe they can
do this as well. Something to think about.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I am skeptical if those laws will ever pass... probably political gesture... Gun makers will not be just watching their business going down...
In general, they are smarter than law makers/press and figure out their way to win/survive. They know when to shut up and when and what to argue...lol

Did you guys know you can build gun with 3D printer? All you need is CAD file...

This may be an issue to those countries who ban guns. Maybe not...it will be still hard to get ammo...

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

I actually like to hear someone involved with law enforcements opinion. To be honest, I'm actually surprised anyone involved with putting their life on the line on a daily basis is ok with people owning guns designed for warfare. All is takes is a guy who drank too much one night and he pulls out his suped up crazy rifle. I've said it a few times already, guns aren't the problem, it's people who take it too far and own ridiculous combat style weapons. I am young guy who grew up in the suburbs, and I know a handful of people who own numerous assault rifles that they have altered from parts they have bought at gun shows and online. One guy even has a huge safe filled with weapons, and I don't care what anyone says, that type of stuff is ridiculous in my eyes.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Miami_Chris wrote:I actually like to hear someone involved with law enforcements opinion.
Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but you have been talking to one this whole time

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

Hmmmm outdated 2A... well hell bells how about the first and all the others ones... I mean who to say what's outdated and who becomes in charge of that??? YOU... ME...Who the left or the right..
Lets all say this together the main goal of the left is a "Total Gun Ban".... once they start it will never end....

And I will say this ONE MORE FREAKING TIME!!!! why is a gun death more important then Your kid being killed by a DUI driver or a person who was texting and ran over the kid???...
and as far as outlawing something and hoping it will work.....hmmmmmmm how as that work on our so-called "War on Drugs"..... oh by the way more kids die from drugs then guns... and
how many laws do we have against drugs coming into this country???....

and for you so-called gun grabbers that want all of us to hold hands and sing songs..... psssssss that seems to be going down the toilet with all the Race baiting that goes on in the media and
everywhere else.... Why does a white man killing a black man with a gun make more news??? happens plenty of times yet you never hear of it.... heck let a white cop cough on a known POS
and its all over the news....

Hey you don't want Guns>>> then fine carry on and live your life... but please don't inject your stupid ideas into my life.... I have been around the block a few times... I have seen evil and guess what
it love folks like you gun grabbers... hell they will march with you.....

New Laws!!! REALLY!!! :nopity: this is what I hate when it comes to people and not researching anything> again there are Plenty of gun laws in the books already.... but they aren't being enforced..
You want to change laws... and get into the real chit> then hit the Dr that work with the crazy people.... and make it okay for them to realize infor on certain people they feel might be trouble down
the road...

Crime/gangs> Give the Police the right to go in and clean up areas... give them the power to stop and search them...(gang banger aren't hard to noticed).. and if they are caught with a gun... hit
them with the Max.... and keep doing it... also give LEO a right to protect themselves..... and if there is a shooting... how about waiting on all the outcome before YOU jump on the LEO hater
band wagon.... Look what's happening in NY... LEO are just turning away from crime...why because they don't have any support... and crime has gone up...

I swear if I see another "Black lives Matter" banger I'm going to go postal..... All lives MATTER.... But... If you are breaking the law and are either caught in the act by the home owner with a legal
gun or a LEO who is looking after us... and YOU choose to make it a fight and they fill you up with holes.....I will be the first to cheer them on :toast: ..... like I said I have seen evil and it doesn't
care what it does to you or your loved ones...

Gun grabbers and those of us that own guns but believe we need updated laws.... forget that the laws in the books need to be enforce before you add new ones.... and for those that own guns
well you are clueless if you believe this will end with just a few laws or a few guns be taken.... like I said the end game is a Total gun Ban...and if you don't believe that... oh well...

like I said before the PC is making this country way too soft... and for those of you that have never been involved in a violent act (towards you or your loved ones)... thank God above... and
remember it can happen to anyone> I wonder if you would change your mind about self defense/firearm.... if you had a home invasion tonite... or some other crime that really mess with your
mind.... I really wonder if you would still sing this tune of Gun control.... :silent:

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Rare wrote:
Miami_Chris wrote:I actually like to hear someone involved with law enforcements opinion.
Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but you have been talking to one this whole time
Lol I know he's a cop, and have nothing but respect for what he does. That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with everything he says. It's just a difference of opinions, that's all.

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

Like I have said a zillion times already..... I or others will never change a "Gun Grabber" mind... for one they always believe the BS about guns that are thrown around all the time..
they freaking sound like parrots after awhile..... :nilly: ...... I love the ones that say "Well I have never had any need for a gun".... Well sir count yourself lucky and thank God!!..

I bet the service men who were gun down a while back in their "Gun Free Zone" wish they were able to have carry like they did over seas.... isn't it ironic that mass shooting always
seem to happen in "Gun Free Zones"....I love the BS that the media claims that a person having a gun at the time wouldn't have stop any of the shooting... :nopity: another myth
that gun grabber love to puke out.....

Why is it that every bleeding heart comes out whining about a shooting ... and then blames it all on guns and wants "Gun Control".... yet you throw stats at them about states/cities with the most
gun laws.... and they have the most shooting/murder and crime.... compare to other states/cities they are a joke when it comes to Gun control working.... but lets not forget their excuse...
the guns come from other places.... NO CHIT!!!!.... and that's the same thing that would happen if it was a NATION WIDE GUN BAN!!!!..... Guns would still flow in, but this time only the
bad guys would have them.... :nilly: .......... and please don't even try to say anything against that...unless you have less brain cells then a turd...WHY???.... well show me where LAWS have
actually work!!!.... our Drug War was a complete failure...funny how heroin the drugs of the 60s I believe...is making its way back and pssssssss killing more people then guns right now..

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... lets only worry about deaths that are done by guns.... all those other deaths no matter if they triple gun deaths.... no no they don't matter... we want
those evil gun death numbers.... those are the only ones... and if you throw race into it...well sir that's a bonus .... heck drop in a White LEO dropping a bad black guy in a good shoot and its
WIN for all gun grabbers.........but no please carry on with your vent... I love listening to puke from time to time eatpop

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Image

I thought it was police and marines who need all those guns (except for the hunting rifle of course).
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Who polices the police? The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting...it is a check to help prevent a tyrannical government from overthrowing the Constitution and imposing their will.

Having a heavily armed populace is also a good deterrent against foreign armies who might want to invade the US. The Emperor of Japan in WW2 knew it would be a bloodbath to try to invade the US, saying that there would be armed civilians behind "every blade of grass"

swordfish
SHARKER

Post by swordfish »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Who polices the police? The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting...it is a check to help prevent a tyrannical government from overthrowing the Constitution and imposing their will.

Having a heavily armed populace is also a good deterrent against foreign armies who might want to invade the US. The Emperor of Japan in WW2 knew it would be a bloodbath to try to invade the US, saying that there would be armed civilians behind "every blade of grass"

He was and still is right... No one would get very far even if we had no working Armed forces. You think it was bad in the middle east? It would be twice as hellish for them to invade here. Thing is, even with all of our bickering when it comes to uniting against a common enemy the American People would drop everything and fight to the last man... Perfect example was NY after 911... For like 3 or 4 months there was literally no crime, evertyhing ran smooth.... It was a phenomemon that is often seen only after natural disasters when people realize each other is all they got...

Phishingphanatic got it right, that is exactly why we need all of those and then some. It is as simple as The People should never fear their Government... The Government should always fear it's people. They are there to benefit us all, or at least that was the original idea... Now a days who knows, it seems that they are all only there to benefit themselves... That being said, there may come a time where a renaissance of old ideas may take hold yet again, more than likely the catalyst for such an event would be someone trying to take away that 2nd.

In any case... Guns, when in the hands of law abiding citizens who know how to use them are a very good deterrent against the evil in the world... I promise you it is this and this alone that gives "evil" nightmares and bumps in the night... Therefore they tend to find soft targets whom they do not believe will fight back...

"Gun free zones" are only effective to keep out law abiding citizens, not crazies... Now... Make sure a certain amount of your staff is armed and trained (in secret) and I promise you that a massacre will be much harder to carry out... Yet there will be some dead, but not nearly the same number.

Just random ranting thoughts, not much coherence at this time I am afraid! Btw... I don't know a single cop who would enforce taking weapons from law abiding citizens... Not a one... You'd be surprised, they want the good guys to have guns... Trust me...

-Swordfish

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

Swordfish and phishing phanatic have given the best two cases and made the best points for sure. So let me ask you, what do you say to the parents of victims who have lost their children do un-necessary gun related violence? Please I beg do not compare people losing their lives to car accidents especially drunk drivers, because we never had strict laws against drunk driving until there was a MOVEMENT to help recognize that something needed to be done. Obviously something needs to be done here, no? Are we going to treat all these gun related crimes as if they're just part and parcel of our gun loving free society? Because there are millions of people who don't care to own guns, really. You may disagree with them, and that's your freedom. But shouldn't something be done by now about the increasing number of ridiculous incidents? Nothing? Don't pass a single law or make new rules to create a safer gun environment? Please don't tell me it's already safe, try telling that to the victims. OK don't band guns entirely, it won't work. Then what's the solution here? :patriot:

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

swordfish wrote:
PhishingPhanatic wrote:I don't know a single cop who would enforce taking weapons from law abiding citizens... Not a one... You'd be surprised, they want the good guys to have guns... Trust me... -Swordfish
Hate to disagree with you....but LEO already went into peoples homes at the worst time and took guns.... because they were order to do it..
You forgot about "Karina" ..... they lost control of the city and Mayor Ray Nagin said these words>

"NO one will be armed!! we will take weapons. Only Law Enforcement will be allowed to have guns"

Thousands of gun's were confiscated from law-abiding gun owners....The famous one is on Youtube where a news group filmed LEO grabbing a
pistol from a old lady in her home.... they just stormed in and seized any weapons...

and remember this was at the worst time... LEO were still leaving these areas after dark and these people were left to fend for themselves..

So if a Mayor of a city can decide he wants your guns..... don't believe that it can't happen... it has

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

What can you say?? bad things happen to good people everyday and like I posted a death is still a death nomatter how it happen..
but YOU like many others want to make a issue of something that doesn't even come close to the numbers of things that people die of
everyday... You want to pick and choose and then you want us to come up with a solution....
Hmmmmmm kids die from drug related issues everyday.... they outnumber gun deaths hands... most of those drug deaths were related to Crime
in one way or another..... And how many laws do we have on drugs and what about that War on drugs???? how that working out???

New gun laws>>> are you kidding> See this is what happens when people don't take the time to do some research on things before making
a case out of it...How about trying to Enforce!! the ones we have on the books right now...(they don't) how about making the laws tougher
and then hitting that person with the Max...

Hmmmm how about making Mental health a number one thing again??...

Ringnose> like I said its a waste of air to speak to you... everybody has given you great points and you sidestep and come back with another
"Well How about".... question.... :nopity:

Stats are out there> do a search..LOL... what I think is sad and funny is that you don't even care about the other deaths that happen to people,
only deaths that happen when it involves a gun...

Here's one> How come cities with the toughest gun laws always seem to have more shooting/crime then other cities??

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

ringonose wrote:Swordfish and phishing phanatic have given the best two cases and made the best points for sure. So let me ask you, what do you say to the parents of victims who have lost their children do un-necessary gun related violence? Please I beg do not compare people losing their lives to car accidents especially drunk drivers, because we never had strict laws against drunk driving until there was a MOVEMENT to help recognize that something needed to be done. Obviously something needs to be done here, no? Are we going to treat all these gun related crimes as if they're just part and parcel of our gun loving free society? Because there are millions of people who don't care to own guns, really. You may disagree with them, and that's your freedom. But shouldn't something be done by now about the increasing number of ridiculous incidents? Nothing? Don't pass a single law or make new rules to create a safer gun environment? Please don't tell me it's already safe, try telling that to the victims. OK don't band guns entirely, it won't work. Then what's the solution here? :patriot:
Personally, I think our justice system is incredibly weak and lacks teeth, and we coddle criminals. The revolving door court and prison system is an absolute joke. Every day your read about criminals that have 30, 40 arrests, out on the streets committing more crimes.

If I was King, I'd make mandatory life sentences for anyone who uses or possesses a gun in any crime. No second chances, no parole. By using a gun in a crime, you are demonstrating that you have an intent to kill someone, and that person has no business breathing the same air as the rest of us law-abiding citizens. And make prisons tough, especially for those who are never getting out again. No tv, no recreation. It's supposed to be punishment for those people who have no hope of rehabilitating.

I'd also increase screening for the mentally ill...40 years ago, Adam Lanza would never have been on the streets. He was obviously very mentally unstable, and would have been confined to a rubber room, drooling on meds.

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

crashmister wrote:Australia did it 1996 after a mass shooting in Tazmania killed 35 people. Gov implemented a mandatory buyback of semi automatic weapons. Suicide rate plummeted and they have not had a mass shooting since. The overall effect on the murder rate was only marginal, but significant. Just sayin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk ... -massacre/

cvstrat
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by cvstrat »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:
ringonose wrote:Swordfish and phishing phanatic have given the best two cases and made the best points for sure. So let me ask you, what do you say to the parents of victims who have lost their children do un-necessary gun related violence? Please I beg do not compare people losing their lives to car accidents especially drunk drivers, because we never had strict laws against drunk driving until there was a MOVEMENT to help recognize that something needed to be done. Obviously something needs to be done here, no? Are we going to treat all these gun related crimes as if they're just part and parcel of our gun loving free society? Because there are millions of people who don't care to own guns, really. You may disagree with them, and that's your freedom. But shouldn't something be done by now about the increasing number of ridiculous incidents? Nothing? Don't pass a single law or make new rules to create a safer gun environment? Please don't tell me it's already safe, try telling that to the victims. OK don't band guns entirely, it won't work. Then what's the solution here? :patriot:
Personally, I think our justice system is incredibly weak and lacks teeth, and we coddle criminals. The revolving door court and prison system is an absolute joke. Every day your read about criminals that have 30, 40 arrests, out on the streets committing more crimes.

If I was King, I'd make mandatory life sentences for anyone who uses or possesses a gun in any crime. No second chances, no parole. By using a gun in a crime, you are demonstrating that you have an intent to kill someone, and that person has no business breathing the same air as the rest of us law-abiding citizens. And make prisons tough, especially for those who are never getting out again. No tv, no recreation. It's supposed to be punishment for those people who have no hope of rehabilitating.

I'd also increase screening for the mentally ill...40 years ago, Adam Lanza would never have been on the streets. He was obviously very mentally unstable, and would have been confined to a rubber room, drooling on meds.

While I generally agree with most of your points, I'm not sure you understand exactly how the system works (or is intended to work at least).

It costs a poop ton of money to capture, prosecute, and imprison criminals. The United States already imprisons more people per capita than any other country. As a result, it's important that prisons are treated as much as possible as a form of rehabilitation, so that the people can eventually get out and try to become a productive member of society again instead of rotting away in a cell on the taxpayer dollar. In many cases it's actually cheaper to pay welfare and other social benefits than it is to keep them in jail, so again the goal should be to get them out at some point.

The people who don't get out, are those who commit crimes of an extreme nature, typically in combination with unstable mental health. Those who ultimately cannot be rehabilitated to a point they could function in a normal society. Armed robbery isn't one of those situations. Selling weed while carrying an unregistered .40 isn't either. Sure there's a chance it can escalate to murder, but in cases where it did not, there is an opportunity to learn and grow, and get away from that lifestyle.

Do many criminals get out and go right back to a life of crime? Absolutely. I believe however it's more a failure of the system than it is of the person (although not always - some people just don't want to get better). Think about it. A convicted felon who was say, dealing coke and got busted with an illegal firearm. They can't get a job when they get out, or student loans to go college. All of their friends who can help them get back on their feet once they are released are the same people doing the things they're trying to get away from. Dealing drugs can provide a source of income where there is no other opportunity, so they go back to it once again. Except this time they're bitter about the process because they've served their time, committed to a better way of life, and have had to accept that it's not possible given the current state of things.

My point is that locking up MORE people is shortsighted. The real issue that deserves the financial commitment is fixing the socioeconomic problems that create these types of criminals, and making it possible for people to be rehabilitated effectively. I think people are more willing to do better than they get credit for sometimes, but there are limits when circumstances make it nearly impossible to do so.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

Dragone Fire, I quote you here: "what I think is sad and funny is that you don't even care about the other deaths that happen to people,
only deaths that happen when it involves a gun..."??? Really? How do you know this? You claim to know for a fact that people who want something done about the lax gun laws in this country actually do not care about the other deaths that happen to people. Wake up man, that's ludicrous. In all your arguments, you can't stop yourself from comparing apples to oranges. This particular thread is about gun violence and gun laws, not about texting while driving and related deaths, not drunk driving incidents, not drugs and related problems. Yes you are right, those are valid issues but no one is "picking and choosing" what issues we want to deal with. In fact those issues are being dealt with all the time, maybe not on this site but hey man, if you'd like to start a new thread addressing those issues, feel free. This thread section of "heavy topics" is to debate the GUN related issues. And if you were to start a thread addressing drug or alcohol related crimes and deaths, someone else can easily use your logic,and counter with the same deflection crap you write. Your words turned around would sound something like this: "why are we only worrying about drug related deaths when we have such a gun problem? or, "why are we singling out the alcohol relate issues with driving, when we have problems with guns?" Just because there are other heavy issues in this country like drugs and alcohol and other crimes and the deaths they cause, it does not minimize the gun related problems in this country. :nopity: as you like to say

Have you even looked at the actual raw numbers of gun related deaths in this country? Where do you get your false information? Did MacDonalds create an app that has all these statistics or something? All jokes aside, the information IS out there, you are again correct. But it doesn't support a single thing you say. Fact here is that you are deflecting the issue to any other issue which is a load of crap, we're not talking about race, drugs, alcohol, etc. Stick to the point here man, an you know if you do your research like you say you do that any "drug" related death that is not caused by O/D invariably comes back to, yep, guns Most crimes do. :dude:

DragonFire
Weekend Warrior

Post by DragonFire »

Are you that Freaking Clueless??? ... apple to oranges... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!... If I came to your house and told you that one of your loved one was run down by a DUI driver
and left to die.... what the @#$ different does it make if I told you he was shot down doing a bad drug deal????.... in the end your loved one is DEAD!!!...

You are picking a Gun Violence's because that's all YOU see......and what freaking STATS are you looking at??? Go to the FBI site and look at the STATS there... not some BS blog you read
late at nite...Do you know how MATH works.... well here's one> Look at the number of people that actually live in the USA... look at gun deaths then go look at all these other whining countries
that talk about our Gun laws and look at their Crime and Gun deaths.... they beat us hands down... but again YOU have to do the math by comparing the numbers... not the BS infor that YOU
are reading.... sorry son but I have been at this debate a lot longer then you have...

And how freaking crazy are YOU... really!! You are again picking this one issue "GUNS" because you can't get over the fact/stats that when it come to deaths that happen over other issues in
a lot greater numbers then GUNS.... you still want to make it about GUNS....

I tell you what, when the Number of Gun Deaths reach the same numbers of Drug/driving/Alcohol/pool deaths... and a host of other deaths that overshadow gun deaths by the numbers alone...
Then you can start your whining... but this BS that you keep harking is senseless and boring already...

You Gun Rhetoric vs Gun facts...are way off... again quit reading "Left minded" ideas about Gun control and gun Crimes.... they don't add up one bit.... again DO YOUR MATH and Stats if you
really want to know about your so-called Gun Violence that you keep whining about....pssssss Percentage of the population owning guns... compared that to other countries...
also look up Gun ownership and homicide Rates for all Developed countries... and you also have to take into account that homicide in other countries are not counted the same as in the USA...
If YOU were to factor in all these numbers/Stats... you would kiss my hand and ask for forgiveness :mrgreen: ....hey I understand that people like you hate to be corrected.... but like I said
the bright ones will accept these "True" stats/numbers (do you own freaking research).... but I have a feeling like I said before YOU have an agenda and no matter what anybody shows you
You are still going to find a way to weasel your frustrations on Gun Ownership...

Here one> Obama has control of both house when he came into office.... and he didn't do a damn thing about Guns..... and that's on YOU and your sheep...
The Sandy hook event was your biggest chip.... Yet nothing happen... NOT ONE DAMN THING!!!! Like I said before and YOU keep dancing around it... The American people saw what people
like YOU were trying to do.... and REJECTED your BS intentions about the 2A..... here's another STATS that you might not like AS of right now the American people are against anything
that would violate the 2A.... they are also against any NEW GUN LAWS...

Remember this> the only thing that would've stop the Sandy hook Shooting.... from your way of thinking> A total Gun ban< NO NEW GUN LAW would've stop that POS on that day...
But if we would've had the same rules in place like other countries.... where schools aren't "GUN FREE ZONES" and they actually have armed guards (or teachers armed)..... we
would never have another Sandy hook.....

Again I will never change your Closed mind...and frankly I don't give a damn... :wink: ... I just hope that evil never comes knocking at your doorstep.....because Evil doesn't give a hoot
about laws or listening to YOU debate issue with him.... but hey good luck with that.... :thumleft:

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

i just won my newest on auction.. itll be here by wed or thur..... so excited.....

lets not go bringing god into the equation for this is not a god.. there are ppl and the universe... this is a worldy issue no gods have anything to do with it... either wya i love my guns all of them and i carry legally... anyhow i will never turn over my guns.....

half of these shootings are staged to sway votes and make the sheep cower in fear so the government can disarm us and avoid the coming confrontation.... not to mention i love the government induced race war... divide and conquer technique ppl are so blind too right now.....

the bs over the battle flag to piss us all off is probably the false flag event we have been waiting for also..... wake up ppl:)

its us versus them and they are trying to turn us on us...... i dont care what color you are or background.... we all need to stick together or we lose this country completely..... we are alrdy way on the way....

the whole gun issue is their way of disarming the ppl so we cant fight back when the time comes... andi agree with many points made here so i am only speaking on this portion of it...... i def agree with ff and sword whole heartedly on their views....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by clarence2society »

my comments come from only page one of this thread.. didnt read much of page 2 yet and rory touchedo n another poitn i had.. just like fishing gear and diff rods n reels.. diff guns for diff jobs or purposes... good call bro

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Still trying to figure out how the second amendment ever said or even implied anything about protection against a tyrannical government?

Considering its starts with "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of free state" your going to have to explain how securing a free state, is protecting your self from one! It's like saying the founders wrote the second amendment to protect the people from the founders who wrote the second amendment. That's exactly how foolish that comment sounds! They were creating a democratically elected government. Pretty silly to think they needed to protect the people who elected it, from it.

A militia at that time was the only military the colonies had. That is what the second ament was written to protect, the Militia members right to keep and bear arms. Any stories to the contrary are at best bad fabrications of revisionist history.

I'd love to see what the second amendment would look like if the founders saw a Kalashnikov demonstration.

Because you'll never convince me they meant everything that goes bang in perpetuity. Interesting how not one single amendment is given this kind of blanket consideration, except this one.

And yeah there's great gun laws on the books. But only in a couple states. Everywhere else is the Wild West. I can walk into any gun show in over 30 states and walk out with an arsenal. All I need is cash. That is reality and it's seriously messed up.

It's all about perception. Fear sells! It's a proven fact. Do a little background on the BS the NRA has pulled over the last 6 years. It's actually comical how many fell for OB is coming for your guns. Or OB is banning ammo or lead smelters. Probably the same bunch still looking for FEMA camps.

LINESIDER
Old Salt

Post by LINESIDER »

lord have merci what a bunch of BS. weapons will always be around. it could be a stone club,whip,knife,gun,riffle or laser beam outta this world futuristic shi
T... point is we dont need guns to kill. for good or evil. look at inmates. in times of need and desperation, guns and weapons can be built out of ANYTHING. when someones want to harm another person/people they will do it regardless of gun availability.. just go to wally world pic u up a preasure cooker some nails and u could figure out rest of this..

My guns are to save YOUR LIFE.....

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”