Gun Violence - MY amendment!

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA
Posts: 3575
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by crashmister »

Linesider
What on earth makes you think I need you to protect MY family? That's part of the problem! Self appointed hall monitors thinking you're protecting something. You're not! simple fact is if guns deterred crime we would have almost no crime! Then there the statistics of people killed with their own weapons, and people mistakenly killed by a family member. Happens all the time. Look, the NRA is a business run by gun manufactures and major share holders. They have misled the public so badly creating an imaginary fear of being forcibly disarmed that's in reality logistically impossible. The problem is too many people can't seem to figure it out.

I'm not anti gun, I've owned guns of one type or another since I was 4. I've killed almost every big game animal in North America, and a few in Canada. I'm not against gun ownership. I'm for responsible gun ownership. Considering how many occupations require back ground checks or registration today, it's complete BS to suggest it can't be done with guns.

Not pro ban either! They just don't work and in virtually every case, create a "Black market" cash cow. It's a fact that legalization and regulation always work better than prohibition. And that is the argument reasonable people are trying to make. The NRA on the other hand has spent millions on one of the worst disinformation campaigns in history. How many times have they cried wolf? I've heard everything from OB banning primers to closing all the lead smelters in the country. And that's why there's an ammo shortage. Except the entire story was BS!

Simply put, supply could not keep up with fear based demand. Ammo sales went through the roof, production on the other hand stayed almost the same. Result, ammo shortages and higher prices. Munitions stock dividends soared and most of the NRA board made millions. Ammunition never got restricted or banned.

The exact same thing happened with gasoline prices in 73. The later proven fabricated "OPEC oil embargo" resulted in about a dollar a gallon increase in gasoline. Even the gas station attendants knew they were making allot more money pumping less gas. You saw it in your closing totals.

My point here is, if we as responsible gun owners can't reach some kind of consensus on reasonable gun registration and regulation, frightened politicians will overreact as they always do and blanket everyone with expensive regulations or requirements. Sooner or later it's bound to happen.
Image

Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

User avatar
DragonFire
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by DragonFire »

CrashMister>...This is what I love people like you always claiming to be not anti gun and then making a case for the left/gungrabbers.. :scratch: .... the same case/argument/Points that you made against the
NRA and Gun Stats about people being killed>

I can also make the SAME case about GUN RIGHTS and also throw in pretty picture's with Stats.....Well hell bells...The Left and GunGrabbers...Only want ONE think and if you are a sheep that believes
other wise then there is no hope, because You are either a person that believes in Gun rights Or total GUN BAN..... Please don't tell me that the end game isn't about total control over Guns..

The NRA didn't have to spend chit compared to the Leftist Cash Cows that have thrown everything at trying to get some type of Gun Control started and FAILED!!!...
Obama has been the biggest gun seller in History with all his Yelling and trying to confuse the American people with his BS..... pssssss the NRA/gun makers love Obama :dude:

And Here's you biggest load of crap you wrote> I
if we as responsible gun owners can't reach some kind of consensus on reasonable gun registration and regulation, frightened politicians will overreact as they always do and blanket everyone with expensive regulations or requirements. Sooner or later it's bound to happen.

So when did Politicians become frightened school girls???.....Overreact LOL.... they blow out BS lies anytime they talk about guns... and You forgot to throw in the Media and all their BS lies
in your statement...

The only thing that's going to bring something down is people that claim they see our point of view... then give the SOS reason/lies that the left tries to feed everybody...
Laws on the book are Fed laws.... its up to each state to carry them out... but Obama and his sheep only enforce the laws they want..
Here's another lie YOU told... You can walk into any state and walk away with an arsenal... this is the SOS that the media and the left wants to proclaim... well let me enlighten you with the
real truth>>> LAWS<<<<

Yes its true that I can buy any gun without a background check at a Gun show> But you forgot to tell the truth(but then again you are trying to make a point LOL)....
those are called "Private sales from Private sellers" not from the True gun sellers that make up 95% of sellers at shows... in other words they have stores and are license so You
will have to have a background check.... Most of the Private sellers are selling old guns/shotguns... not loads of ARs ...
Another thing you forgot to say> You also have to LIVE in that state that is having the Gun shows... and the seller is suppose to ask for your license to check for age and where you live..
If they are breaking the law> well that falls back on that cities LE that RUNS security on most of these shows..... Needless to say ATF can run a sting on Private sellers in any states to weed
out the sellers that you claim overrun "Gun shows" and put them out of business... :nopity:

"Consensus on Reasonable Gun registration and regulation" LOL!!!! that's straight out of Obama playbook... oh boy now you are really reaching... Crash at least be honest with the ones of
us that aren't sheep..... Everything you posted like I said is straight out of the "Left playbook" ....and I do mean everything... hey but thanks for trying :dude:
Your true colors are shown with these words> I'm not Pro gun .... but at least you also wrote Not Pro ban either....LOL... You can't be on the fence and only make your case for the left....psssss you
are on the left..... read all your comments again... oh and the NRA didn't have to make claims about bans on ammo or guns.... like I said Obama and his sheep made enough claims and what they
wanted to do... the NRA just show clips of them... and again you forgot to say anything about the Media doing its best at all the lies about guns...

<Bottomline> That most here are forgetting for some ungodly reason :roll: .... People die everyday from one reason or another... Legalization and regulations>>> Don't WORK at keeping deaths down
and that's a FACT... easy enough to prove just look at alcohol and legal drug Deaths...hell lets just stick to those numbers of deaths.... I don't want to confuse anyone with all the OTHER numbers
of deaths that overshadows Gun deaths... LOL...

And YES I posted this like others here with any common sense>>> Why are deaths that happen with guns more important to some of you then all the other deaths that thrump gun deaths everyday??
Why aren't you bit#hing about those deaths??

and why is it that most of you haven't even touch on the "Mental issue"..... There are so many points that can touch on when it comes to deaths in this country> oh and they overshadow other
countries also... but NOOOOOOOO lets only talk about Guns....LOL....

Crash it isn't "Responsible Gun Owners" who are out committing Crimes and murders.....we aren't Mental cases either.... we do everything in our legal power to make sure no one is hurt by our
actions..... Yet YOU want us to bear all the burdens because of the actions of a few.... :nopity:

User avatar
LINESIDER
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:08 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by LINESIDER »

crashmister wrote:Linesider
What on earth makes you think I need you to protect MY family? That's part of the problem! Self appointed hall monitors thinking you're protecting something. You're not! simple fact is if guns deterred crime we would have almost no crime!

im not gonna waste my time on this , but ill remember if i ever see your wife n kids getting,beat and rapped,molested :nopity: or kidnapped. NOT TO DRAW MY GUN,,, good luck buddy.im sure its guns that create this crimes

User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by kblue »

I had some experience last week... One of my client's company became so called a victim of hostile acquisition. And there have been lots of cuts.
Most layoffs process was gone quietly... then I saw three cops come to office to escort one particular guy out... HR lady called the cops to escort him out... only thing I heard was he was known to be enthusiastic gun collector...but I am sure there must be some other reasons beyond gun collector that made HR lady call cops... Bottom line it sucks... I don't like to be in this working environment... I wouldn't have cared if he were knife collector.

User avatar
DragonFire
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by DragonFire »

Linesider> I don't believe CrashMister understood your reply... but then again he is stuck on his mindset, as you can tell by his many half truths he seems to throw out there.. :nopity:
His last replies almost sounded like Obama making a statement about Guns.... these words almost has me peeing on myself I laugh so hard.... "Self Appointed Hall Monitors"...
Really Crash!!!! the left wants to regulate me to death and also wants to know how many times I wipe my rear... LOL...So let me get this right... if I have a gun I can't protect chit...hmmmm.
Well I believe just this one happen in the real world... (not that fantasy left wing nut land you live in) remember the Elderly Man that shot those two robbers at the internet
café..and one of the bad guys had (do I dare say it) A Gun..... hmmmm and the only ones shot was the Robbers...

CrashMister> I guess a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun was a right wing cliché in that incident hmmmmmm?? .. and there are many examples of that but you won't
hear about them.... lets not forget the Media doesn't want any good news that deals with guns...NO NO... if its bad news the whiney, liberal, Democrats (Media) are too stupid to
assign the blame to the Person, they would rather see a gun banned, then fix the actual problem....

CrashMister> also remember we are Way down on the list when it comes to countries on firearm related crime (something else you guys keep leaving out)... Oh and we ARE also the only
Free country on this planet when it comes to that..... and I also believe we are the only nation on this planet with a Constitution founded on the principle that individual sovereign RIGHTS
thrump the arbitrary whim of those that believe are in charge of us.... You know back then it was Kings and warlords... today we have the Dems ...
You like others believe that our rogue occupation government knows better.... We (people with Common sense know better)

As of right now the People of the United states believe that there are no need for NEW GUN LAWS... and that's why Your BS Stats and statements don't hold water...

You like others keep missing the point> its not Responsible Gun owner who are doing Mass shooting (Rare shooting) or drive by shooting or crimes.... Yet you want registration, because
it can be done as easy as a background check.... again other @#$ freaking lie people like you like to puke all the time>>>

People that are going to do crime/murder don't buy guns in the legal way like "RESPONSIBLE Gun Owners" buy them.....psssss that's not the real world...and New laws/regulations or
registrations aren't going to do chit to bring down crimes/murders or mass shooting... that's neverever land that you live in....No New Law would've stop the Sandy Hook shooter... and there
are plenty of parents out there just like that lady...

Oh and again you bought up another lie...."Responsible gun owners can't be"(my words) forcibly disarmed" hmmmmm you claim that's logistically impossible....psssssss Katrina (Storm)
I bought that up and I didn't hear a peep from you about that???...

and again another lie>> If guns deterred crime we would have almost no crime<<< Here's a FACT> People with bad intentions will ALWAYS seek out soft targets.... Here's another fact
for YOU... they have gone to prisons and posted this question.... would YOU still rob a person or place doing that a gun might be on hand>>>> I believe over 99% said NO....

And as far as people being killed by their own weapons>>>> again I can point at other deaths where people die by their own hands and they all OUTNUMBER Gun DEATHS...

This isn't a perfect country but damn it we are a lot better then most out there... People die everyday over one chit or another... but when it comes to Gun deaths> its all about the Gun
and not the Crazy bat chit person....

I and others should have the right to own and do what I want (within legal means) without having "Self Appointed Hall Monitors" telling me any different...pssssss that's you CrashMister :mrgreen: Like I have said many times> the End Game for the left/gun grabbers is a total GUN BAN... They believe something no matter if its going to work or not
is better then nothing.... that's the lie that CrashMister is trying to feed us with his half truths..... Hmmmmm I believe even Obama said something push thru is better then nothing..
REALLY :nopity:

Linesider> the avg wait time for LEO is long enough for most people to be killed a few dozen times over by the bad guy..... if my love one was in danger, and you sir had the means to
stop it... You better believe I would want you to do your best.... Just like you would want anybody else to do the same for yours...

I believe that called being Human.... :toast:

User avatar
DragonFire
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by DragonFire »

I wouldn't have cared if he were knife collector <> Really because more people get killed by knifes every year then by guns.....that's just a crazy "True Fact" that others would have
you believe otherwise...
a crazy person can kill somebody with just about anything..... Is your company a "Gun Free Zone"???..... Fact is that school shooting/work shooting are rare shooting.... and have gone
down.... something else that has gone down is Gun Homicide, but you wont hear that on the evening news... .The unsetting Fact is that most avg person believe that all shooting
are UP and U.S. Gun Homicide rate is blowing off the roof... :nopity: oh and for those of you that like pretty Stats pictures... go to PEW Research Center and The Bureau of Justice Statistics
review...

User avatar
DragonFire
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by DragonFire »

This thread should be called "Myths about Guns" with all the crap I have read so far...LOL..and Yes CrashMister you are leading the charge...
I mean after writing this> I can walk into any gun show in over 30 states and walk out with an arsenal. Your own words!!!! and I blew it full of holes..
but even after saying that we should change your name to "CrimeMister" ..... because you just did what the bad guys do BREAK THE LAWS in place...but
You want NEW LAWS.... again why??? when the ones in place aren't being enforced.... I actually got dizzy after reading some of your Myths... but hey keep
reaching Sunshine... I'm sure Ringnose is on your side.... :biglaugh:

User avatar
fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM
Posts: 8841
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:18 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by fishnfool73 »

LINESIDER wrote:
crashmister wrote:Linesider
What on earth makes you think I need you to protect MY family? That's part of the problem! Self appointed hall monitors thinking you're protecting something. You're not! simple fact is if guns deterred crime we would have almost no crime!

im not gonna waste my time on this , but ill remember if i ever see your wife n kids getting,beat and rapped,molested :nopity: or kidnapped. NOT TO DRAW MY GUN,,, good luck buddy.im sure its guns that create this crimes


By far the most asinine thing I have read on this site.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

User avatar
PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA
Posts: 6870
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: 204 Miles From Long Key

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Image
Image

User avatar
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: miami, fl

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by cantseeme47 »

Ok i wasnt gonna comment on this but here it goes...

1. The number one and always will be number one solution for kids dying by guns is education. From the ripe age of 7 i was taught to load and unload handguns. This killed the curiosity instantly second twice in my life before the age of 15 i took a gun from a friend showing off and unloaded it and stopped a bad situation from happening. Education will stop accidents

2. Crime, rory nailed the justice system is a joke we need stiffer penalties for the start. Well armed citizens with make a criminal think twice about robbing someone and so will that 50 year sentance from the first offense will too

3.guns are here to stay get over yourself

4. A Japanese commander once said. We will never invade america because behind every blade of grass there is a gun. We need guns for enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

User avatar
HJared
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by HJared »

So I was bored and read this. Dragonfire master I have some questions for you

How Old Are You dragonfire?

You are pro life?

What is your comment on the kids who kill people with their parents or others guns?

Your stance is guns being around doesn't incite violence at all?

User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by kblue »

I know curiosity kill the cat. but just out of my curiosity, I googled "gun store in Chicago", the result came up with a lot more than 0???

Yamatomo is the Japanese command who believed to say "We will never invade america because behind every blade of grass there is a gun"
He probably said that to disguise his plan of attack on Hawaii because he was masterminded and responsible for attacking Pearl Habor...
He also wrote this "Should hostilities once break out between Japan and the United States, it would not be enough that we take Guam and the Philippines, nor even Hawaii and San Francisco. To make victory certain, we would have to march into Washington and dictate the terms of peace in the White House."

User avatar
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: miami, fl

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by cantseeme47 »

kblue wrote:I know curiosity kill the cat. but just out of my curiosity, I googled "gun store in Chicago", the result came up with a lot more than 0???

Yamatomo is the Japanese command who believed to say "We will never invade america because behind every blade of grass there is a gun"
He probably said that to disguise his plan of attack on Hawaii because he was masterminded and responsible for attacking Pearl Habor...
He also wrote this "Should hostilities once break out between Japan and the United States, it would not be enough that we take Guam and the Philippines, nor even Hawaii and San Francisco. To make victory certain, we would have to march into Washington and dictate the terms of peace in the White House."




We he didnt invade he just bombed and it was a island not the contential united states
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

User avatar
kblue
SHARKER
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by kblue »

cantseeme47 wrote:
kblue wrote:I know curiosity kill the cat. but just out of my curiosity, I googled "gun store in Chicago", the result came up with a lot more than 0???

Yamatomo is the Japanese command who believed to say "We will never invade america because behind every blade of grass there is a gun"
He probably said that to disguise his plan of attack on Hawaii because he was masterminded and responsible for attacking Pearl Habor...
He also wrote this "Should hostilities once break out between Japan and the United States, it would not be enough that we take Guam and the Philippines, nor even Hawaii and San Francisco. To make victory certain, we would have to march into Washington and dictate the terms of peace in the White House."


We he didnt invade he just bombed and it was a island not the contential united states


OK, I got it. :patriot:
I have a great admiration on NRA and now believe DoD must waste taxpayer's money on those new military toys...(btw, I used to build and sell one...lol)

User avatar
DragonFire
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by DragonFire »

H-Jared> What the HELL are you talking about...My age/my pro life choice/ Stance on kids killing with guns... :nopity: Go back and drink more Koolaid...
but Since I know sheep love to sidetrack threads and never give anything in return..... (I mean YOU) :roll:

Age> I'll play> 55yrs old and feeling it everyday... my stance have change thru out the years and that doesn't mean I flip flop, it means I grew has a person...and as a person
I can change my mind from time to time when it comes to "Common Sense"

Pro-choice> < hmmmmmm Some points I agree with and some I don't..... it nothing that's going to make me Protest... and everybody on both sides seems to always have
"Gotcha Questions/replies" when somebody doesn't agree with them...In Other words I Pick and Choose my debates/fights.....

Stance on Kids who kill people with parents/others guns> <> Okay this is TWO questions...but again i'll play> LOL.. (you must've Google this)..... First off how in the @$# are YOU a
parent and Not freaking know what YOUR kid is doing!!!... Who DO YOU BLAME???... IMHO the Parent is more to Blame with Most of these kids...

I'll start with the biggest case> the Sandy Hook Shooter> Here was a kid that was full blown BAT CHIT crazy.... Yet his Mom never ever once believe it..... Never got him the help and always
made excuses for his crazy ways.... Her Carelessness and Negligence cost her life and all those lives on that day..... Sad part is that there a lot of kids out there with Mental and emotional
conditions> and their parents either don't care/ Are too busy or just don't believe their KID has a problem....
I dealt with a lady who wanted to bring her kid to our Range (Private) The kid IMO has Problems and the Mom believe that by buying him a rifle (She did) and taking him shooting that his problems will
weed themselves out... and Yes the kid has been in special classes and takes Mental drugs everyday.... Needless to say this family doesn't speak to us anymore... well because of my responds to
her and how dare did I compare her kid to others... :nilly:

Kids with others guns> hmmmm the only way this happen is because the kid is stealing..... either from other people or family.... Because I highly doubt a family member would tell any kid>
Sure Go play with all My guns.... he's the keys to the safe and don't forget the Ammo :roll:

This is other one of those Gotcha question (silly rabbit)..... listen> CHIT happens...kids more then ever are getting bombed everyday by BS that most of us never could imagine.... and the ONE thing
we had when I was growing up> Was family and respect for others... I was taught to say "Thank You"> Go out and Play> Don't touch chit if it wasn't OURS< and so many other things that we took
for granted back then.... Now you see a kid that acting with respect and its refreshing and nice to see...

And your last question>Your stance is guns being around doesn't incite violence at all?.......I don't believe I EVER once said that....I have always said 'Chit Happens".... and bad people will
always find a way to Incite Violence....that's living in the Real World...

Hopefully i was able to bring you over to our side with my sharp wit and great knowledge.... after all you did call me "Master"...LOL... psssssss you are terrible at judging people character....
You don't own a few firearms do you....oh lord ...:mrgreen:

User avatar
HJared
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by HJared »

dragon master, i thought you were 15 so i was just checking. i do not appreciate being called a sheep, please do not try to shave me so your wife can make you an ugly christmas sweater that you will wear durring your next elk hunt lol

I am an extreme fiscal conservative. the older i get the less socially liberal i am based on life experiences and because of my legally blurry early life choices i have a little perspective
by the way (you are a social liberal if u want guns free to everyone)
I DO NOT SUPPORT I DID NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA, IN GENERAL I DO NOT ENDORSE CRASHMISTERS POLITIAL VIEWS
but i am not a religious fanatic

first off i asked you those questions to get some perspective before i wrote something completely off base and started personally insulting you. Originally i thought you were a complete ignoramus, and through your thoughtful answers i am not 100% sure

my point, i think you are looking at a complex issue as black and white, when it is not that simple, which is what crash was trying to say.
originally i thought u lacked the mental capacity to conceptualize gray issues, but through your last response their might be a glimpse of hope.

I define what you call "Sheep" as people who are polar, 1) of all, the DEMOCRATS for they are largely fackin socialist economically ignorant sheep, 2) The REPUBLICANS as socially ignorant, practically retarded, religious fanatical nutjob sheep

Conforming all of your believes into one of 2 groups makes you a fackin sheep, and with this interpretation, you to me sir dragonfire master slayer, are baahhhing in the wind, and rather sheepish yourself. like crash said, the NRA is polarizing the nutjobs, which you appear to relate with based upon you previous comments, or you just didn't really understand what he was saying.

I don't think we should "ban" guns. It's infeasible to have the government do anything let alone go around collecting.

But having guns around incites violence. its Makes It easier the mental people you talked about get to them. Maybe if your people allowed abortion these fuckers wouldn't have been born. Regardless if u blame retarded gun Wielding parents, if they didn't have the gun their kid wouldn't get it and the world would be a better place in those situations. it doesn't matter who is "at fault." how about an iq of over 115 as a prereq.? that is retorical

I have never been in a situation where I would have felt safer with a gun because I believe guns insight violence. It's not hard for me to imagine situations that really exist where others use your gun to hurt people. I think of one situation where someone pulled a knife on me, and if i had had a gun, i might not have been robbed of illegal possessions, but i shouldn't have been doing what i was doing and put myself in that situation, and if he would have rushed me with the knife i wouldn't have shot him because i still would have gone to jail. it is easier for me today to keep myself out of trouble and away from dangerous situations.
Knives: I rarely hear of mass stabbings, a clip of an auto can kill more people a hell of a lot quicker considering most environments people are spread out than the average psycho can kill with a knife.

I am thankful i don't feel the need to protect my home from invaders and never have. if you live in the place where this is common however, i think you have every right to own a gun and defend yourself. still, i can't come around from feeling that there positives of having less guns around would outweigh the negatives

User avatar
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: miami, fl

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by cantseeme47 »

Jared what you are failing to understand is mental health doesnt have anything to do with guns if a person wants to kill somebody all they need is a pressure cooker and some nails. Sound familiar?
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

User avatar
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: miami, fl

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by cantseeme47 »

More guns less guns isnt the answer. I honestly think the economy has a lot to do with this better personal finances leads to less stress less stress leads to less people losing their s***
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:25 am
Location: miiiiiiami

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by Miami_Chris »

I would love to see the statistic that says knives kill more people than guns every year in the United States. I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like to see where you got this from. I did a quick google search and didnt find anything saying that.

User avatar
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: miami, fl

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by cantseeme47 »

Miami_Chris wrote:I would love to see the statistic that says knives kill more people than guns every year in the United States. I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like to see where you got this from. I did a quick google search and didnt find anything saying that.



Why would use a knife? Bud your smarter than this knives dont kill more people than guns because you can get a gun if you couldn't get a gun knives statistics would skyrocket
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:25 am
Location: miiiiiiami

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by Miami_Chris »

cantseeme47 wrote:
Miami_Chris wrote:I would love to see the statistic that says knives kill more people than guns every year in the United States. I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like to see where you got this from. I did a quick google search and didnt find anything saying that.



Why would use a knife? Bud your smarter than this knives dont kill more people than guns because you can get a gun if you couldn't get a gun knives statistics would skyrocket


Haha I know, but I just wanted to get dragon fire all worked up and read his blabbering response. I think some on both sides make legitamite points in this thread, others, not so much....

User avatar
cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 862
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: miami, fl

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by cantseeme47 »

:safe:
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

User avatar
Rare
SHARKER
Posts: 2495
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by Rare »

That depends on which guns you are talking about :P

http://thefederalist.com/2014/11/11/kni ... e-control/
Image

User avatar
HJared
KING MACKEREL
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by HJared »

cantseeme47 wrote:Jared what you are failing to understand is mental health doesnt have anything to do with guns if a person wants to kill somebody all they need is a pressure cooker and some nails. Sound familiar?

Ur missing my point. I only talked about mental illness cuz dragon master did. Point of it is ease of access

Guns make it easier to kill. When something is easier it's more likely to happen. More guns means easier access (for those not legally buying). It's both physically and psychologically more difficult to kill with a knife or your hands than simply pulling a trigger. If someone wants to kill people yes they can get nails and a pressure cooker and research online how to do it...that requires effort and people are lazy by nature based on my psych education and that effort will literally keep many from acting. With a gun all you have to do is pick it up and squeeze no research required no planning

I'm not saying I want to take your guns...nd if u enjoy them do you. but you are telling me you think more guns and easy access makes us better off? I'm calling bs

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA
Posts: 3575
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by crashmister »

OK, it's called Google

As of August 2013, 33 states do not require background checks for sales of firearms by private individuals, while 17 states and Washington, D.C. do require background checks for some or all private firearm sales.

I buy from the dealer on display 3 to 5 days before the show,(waiting period) and sell in the parking lot of the show LEGALLY! We couldn't do jack because they weren't even violating "no sales on premises" show policy most times. "Delivering pre-sold weapons at the show."

Killed guys like me.

No! Not all dealers and not all shows, but there is big money in it. The 40% number the left uses is at best a guess. But it needs to end.

And since your insistent upon parroting the NRA I thought you might like to see who OWN's them.
http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-indu ... nra-2013-1
Just one source out of a couple dozen. NRA is a buffer to take the heat for the gun industry. The gun industry funnels millions to them every year. And many buy everything they say.

For you history buffs, Yamamoto, after being congratulated for his victory at Pearl Harbor, was quoted as saying "I fear we have only woken a sleeping giant, and filled him with terrible resolve"
Yamamoto was educated in the U.S. He was well aware of our manufacturing and engineering capability.
He feared the industrial might of America, not its armed citizens. He feared the war being fought in Japan and its empire. That meant battle ships and aircraft carriers not some guy with a gun in Iowa.

America spends more on its mitary than the next 13 countries COMBINED! if you really believe your owning a gun is in some way a deferent to invasion, that's hilariously sad!

It's also sad to think the gun situation in this country isn't going to change. Sooner or later the gun lobby is gonna run outa people who want their money because there's to much heat coming from voters. Political winds are favoring a republican blood bath in 16. You've got hard data 67% of voters want 100% registration and background checks. what do you think will happen?

cant, I had to add, it's difficult to pull a pressure cooker and explode it in a fit of anger. If all murder were that complicated, there'd be allot less murder because we haven't seen it since. Just saying,
Image

Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

User avatar
clarence2society
GOLIATH GROUPER
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Davie

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by clarence2society »

I do not like the name calling and aggressiveness of this thread... being civil isnt difficult.... anyway my stance is simple..

I would rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it... and it is my right as a human being to defend myself... and according to our 2nd amendment which defends the basic human right to defend yourself....

i am not a sheep. i am not religious and i do not buy into propaganda....

anyhow.... i havent commented cause of the aggressive nature this thread has taken:P

User avatar
Rare
SHARKER
Posts: 2495
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by Rare »

Just had a blast reading through all of this and felt like the old forum for a min..... (tommy

Jarred, quick question....Do you like cats? Just a no or yes answer is all i need.
Image

User avatar
DragonFire
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by DragonFire »

Damn guys> sorry for being gone so long .....and its a hoo reading some of BS that's being spill here :cheers: ...

First lets hit on this Name Calling, that have some crying like litter girls> This is the "HEAVY" section of this forum....and if the words Sheep/Sally and anything else I might
of thrown out there Offends you.....well frankly> SALLY I don't GIVE A DAMN.... good lord grow pair...

HJared> Pssss don't give a hoot about anything you believe in.... In fact my Name calling as you say doesn't even come close to the Word games you are playing..
but again like I said... I don't give a hoot... Put on your big boy Panties and if I hurt your feeling... go back to my words above :uplol:

As far as Crashmister go... I have listen to his SOS for along time and he has listen to my SOS also... but unlike YOU he has a pair.... just saying

Hmmmm having a "gun around Incites Violence's".... (Your words) Do you even Hear Yourself Talk??? If that was the case we would be having Mass shooting everyday...
on a Grand scale were no one would be able to go out of their house...

Then you stated that more abortion would keep crazy people off the streets....(again YOUR own words).
.
Maybe if your people allowed abortion these fuckers wouldn't have been born. Regardless if u blame retarded gun Wielding parents.

and to top it off you use those two words... and I believe they are off limits in this forums... but You don't like me calling you a sheep...NICE!! :nopity:

Your finish was another BS statement> ...So anyone that has been robbed/rape/car jack/home invasion .... of just simply Target of any reason.... its their fault because
they must have been doing something Illegal or put themselves in that situation...

Again I have to Ask> Do you even read the BS that flow out of your pie hole???.... I don't carry because I want something to happen, I carry because we live in a shitty
world and bad things happen to "GOOD PEOPLE" all the time...Also it your right NOT to carry or own firearm for protection.... apparently you live in that happy Zone
where chit never happens....GOOD FOR YOU!!!!... but those of us that live in the REAL WORLD know better...

User avatar
DragonFire
Weekend Warrior
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by DragonFire »

Miami-Chris if you just want to Troll for a laugh....psssss go back under your rock....and I been around enough AH to let someone on a forum truly get to me anymore... :nopity:

Crashmister> If you recall> i also called on stricter laws for "Private sales" but that's not the problem... the Problem is the Government and states not enforcing the laws that are set in
the books right now.... and i worked a handful of Gun shows (helping a friend) and nobody was allowed to sell in the parking lot> at least not the ones I worked...and you also have to
agree... Most of Private Sellers are only selling "Old Guns"... the guys that walk around gun shows selling their firearms are the ones that should be Looked at and Gun shows should
enforce those policies in place for that..

And again you sidestep what you said before... but I'm use to that LOL.... I'll let you figure that one out...

If the Percentage are so high (as you claim)... Obama would have a field day by himself over a Gun Ban...or new Gun Laws.... there are other Polls/stats out there that say
the American people DON"T want New gun laws shove down their throats...

Gun Situation!!! really... how about our crime/mental Situation??.... How about working on those with the Gun laws that are in place, before throwing new laws out there... also
lets be honest> New Gun laws aren't going to anything.... and that Old BS saying that some have>
>Well something is better then nothing< I love that saying...LOL.. what a bunch of chit..

Clarence2society> psssss just change the channel if you don't like us being mean to each other....LOL..How long have you been Here???

I keep forgetting that most of you here are new.... but back in the old days....we would rip each other to pieces, and then dust ourselves off and go on with our lives..
Pssssss if words in a open forum actually bother you.... then maybe this isn't the section for you.... But i do agree that some "Words" are off limits..
I guess HJared didn't read the forum rules..... but then again that's up to the Mods...

Oh and for those of you that don't know my past here> I once was "Jettypark" and i loaded this forum with all sorts of helpful threads and was cheered by many here.. :drunk: :D
because of all of my wisdom on all subjects..... but the site crashed and all of my GREAT Info was loss to never never land (where HJared lives) and now I'm too tired
or drunk to actually really care about most things... and if you are offended by my words.... then thank you.... because i love haters... and if i can at least get one or
two a week... i will be back at the level i held when i use to be known as The Great> "Jettypark" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: thank you all for playing...

and again remember this is the HEAVY section....not the panty wearing sheep section... :patriot:

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA
Posts: 3575
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Gun Violence - MY amendment!

Post by crashmister »

Dragon, you just made my case on just about everything. A private sale is any sale not conducted by a licensed seller. A licensed seller can however sell to a private buyer who can then immediately sell to another, unrestricted! It's a simple matter of paperwork.

And while theyre set up in tents in the parking lots in Indiana, it's considerably more hidden in other locations.

We agree the Chicago hand gun ban was both unconstitutional and stupid. All it really accomplished was to increase the suburban and N/W Indiana gun markets. But due to extremely lax regulation, Indiana saw the bulk of the increase. Illinois you need an FOID card to buy guns or ammo. Indiana you need a valid drivers license.

My point is simple. Most of what the NRA and its mouth pieces have spouted for years is simply BS!

The Swiss crime rate story is one of my favorites.

According to the NRA, the reason Switzerland enjoys the lowest crime rate on the planet is because all Swiss people as part of either active duty or reserve military, have automatic weapons in their homes.

Problem with that statement, while it's true all Swiss citizens are required to serve, and do keep THEIR MILITARY ISSUE FULLY AUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS WITH THEM AT HOME, all ammunition is either kept at the barracks or range! It's against Swiss law for any ammunition to be kept in private residence or in private possession. Feel free to check it out.

NRA left that part out. As the NRA does with most of its talking points. Another favorite was the UN gun ban. Remember that? Didn't matter that the UN ban was strictly on arms exports to warring countries, they're comming for your guns? No, they were trying to limit the third party sales to terrorist nations. Which would have cost the NRA board & US arms manufacturers money!
And would save American lives.
Yes, I read the entire ban! Not even so much as a bullet would have been restricted for US sales. Now, take a wild guess who the worlds largest arms exporter is?

No, it's not Russia or China or even North Korea. It's America! 7 billion a year roughly in conventional small arms. That is the sole interest of the NRA and its owners, profits!

Politicians change and so do laws.
Image

Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Post Reply

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”