President "DUMP"

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

President "DUMP"

Post by ringonose »

Whether you like him or hate him, he's the new president. I will say this to EVERY democrat who didn't vote, this was YOUR fault. Trump got 1 Million LESS votes than Romney, 2 Million LESS than McCain. The problem was, Democrat voters stayed home. Those are official stats people. Sander's supporters chose not to support Clinton. So now what? Sit at home and enjoy Trump, for those Democrats who who chose not to vote at all. Enjoy. :cheers:
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Re: President "DUMP"

Post by cantseeme47 »

Democrat voters stayed home yet clinton won the popular vote :roll: the system is broken. We need to get rid of the electoral college and the two party system. Till then our votes dont mean squat
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

I think democrat voters stayed home because of the poll result before the election...lol
We just can not predict the future... Once we predict the future, it becomes to something... Due to quantum mechanics, present is a summation of wave equation, each of which is probability function...

bluesea
Seasoned Fisher

Post by bluesea »

I was suprised of how many cubans in florida love trump :scratch: :scratch: . They were celebrating like crazy lol.

ringonose
Seasoned Fisher

Post by ringonose »

what is also scary, is that the Russians were also celebrating. Rumor has it that Trump has business with Russia, and Poutin is very pleased...
..."and the meek shall inherit the earth...."

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Good , having good diplomatic relations with the worlds 2nd super power is a good idea. I did vote for him and pretty pleased with the outcome.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

:stupid:
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Old School
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Old School »

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

MAGA

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

That one of a number of studies I've read on this subject over the years. The CBO (congressional budget office) came to the same conclusion a few years ago and several years before that. On both occasions conservative republicans couldn't argue the data or its conclusions so they attacked the head researcher in both cases.

We live in a consumer based economy. The more people earn and spend the better the economy. No company will hire people because they got a tax break. They never have and never will.

My fear is Wall Street had been eyeing the 2.3 trillion dollar social security fund for a decade now. They want a piece of that pie bad. So your going to hear a number of lies about it in the coming months. Same with Medicare. All you need to know is social security in not part of the US budget. It's a separate fund financed by you and your employer as is Medicare. Both are completely self funded and are the most secure plans of their kind in existence. During the 08-9 crash, social security was the only retirement fund in the US that never lost a penny. While every other fund lost a fortune SS remained stable and untouched. If privatized, that ends. And Trust me. They'll crash the economy just to rape this fund. Another issue is they just handed all our public land to a realistste developer with extensive buisness ties to Russia. On a personal note, I've never been afraid of the outcome of an election, until now. The damage they'll do will set us back decades. At least pot passed.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

STRIZ wrote::stupid:
The sky is falling eatpop

Anyone know when the next walk on 395 and i95 going on? Driver going home or to work didn't seem to mind at all with this peaceful and meaningful .............?

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Just accelerate

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Defcon is back at its lowest because of Hillary

Thanks Hillary that you LOST
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

phantomreefer
Weekend Warrior

Post by phantomreefer »

Go Trump, and TAZ can suck my ass!!!!!! And TRUMPS ass too!!!! Lmao
Wisdom, justice, temperance, and fortitude. And if none of that works, kick em in the nuts!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Thanks for making part of my point Ron. DEFCON has not changed in years! That story was debunked as complete BS! Just like how he saved a Ford plant that wasnt leaving in the first place. Unfortunately no one ever does the actual research. Did you see where trump just settled the trump U lawsuits? 25 million in hush money. Wonder how much it'll cost to buy off his rape victim?

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

I guess something like 850k like Bill did.

LOL
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Yeah, except Bill never paid or settled. He was exonerated.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

I see whatever Trump done is true whatever Hillary or Bill is a lie.

Oh well so be it. I am for Burger King anyway.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

That is exactly the reaction expected. Bill Clinton was investigated for 7 of the 8 years he was in office. Everything from white water to Vince Foster to Monica. All they ever proved was Monica. For which he was brought up for impeachment. But during that investigation Ken star special prosecutor leaked anything and everything he could to make clinton look bad. Haters ate it up.
Unfortunately hate and politics make a dangerous combination. What you end up with is trump.
If you can't set feelings aside and look at politics objectively, you're always going to be duped. Republicans wanted clinton bad. His economy destroyed 2 basic republican economic philosophy's. First was trickle down economics. Second was decent living wages stimulate the economy. People with good paying jobs spend money and create more good paying jobs. ECO-101.
If wallmart can't make money paying people a living wage, explain Costco. McDonald's can't possibly pay burger flippers 15.00 an hour. Really? They do in Oregon and other countries as well.
You want people off welfare? PAY THEM!!!
I fear the environment may well be doomed based on this guys cabinet. EPA is in trouble and now he's meeting with the CEO of FedEx. Doesn't bode well for the USPS.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Sure
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

lasthope
Old Salt

Post by lasthope »

Cows produce methane gas that contributes to global warming .. should we ban cows? One country switching everything to clean energy still won't have a massive impact because you have other countries who don't give a damn about emmisions. The environment does need help but one person doing all the work does nothing. Politics can be about feelings , many of us making daily decisions based on gut instinct , fear , etc... I served in our military and democrats have closed an absurd amount of bases and the VA is a disaster , besides that I know the importance of classified material and why the emails are such an important topic. US servers are hit with hundreds of thousands viruses an hour , secured servers protect classified material because we know they are safe until something proves otherwise. Her use of private emails may have leaked US military intelligence and operation plans that got soldiers killed and obviously the help refusal to our fallen ambassador. Some may say oh informantion leak is no big deal , let's not forget the nazis lost ww2 greatly impart to spies and cracking enigma. Why should I trust someone who can't handle classified intel with even more and probably more sensitive information? As far as economics , raegenomics the golden boy we had a booming economy. Big government sucks !

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

crashmister wrote:That is exactly the reaction expected. Bill Clinton was investigated for 7 of the 8 years he was in office. Everything from white water to Vince Foster to Monica. All they ever proved was Monica. For which he was brought up for impeachment. But during that investigation Ken star special prosecutor leaked anything and everything he could to make clinton look bad. Haters ate it up.
Unfortunately hate and politics make a dangerous combination. What you end up with is trump.
If you can't set feelings aside and look at politics objectively, you're always going to be duped. Republicans wanted clinton bad. His economy destroyed 2 basic republican economic philosophy's. First was trickle down economics. Second was decent living wages stimulate the economy. People with good paying jobs spend money and create more good paying jobs. ECO-101.
If wallmart can't make money paying people a living wage, explain Costco. McDonald's can't possibly pay burger flippers 15.00 an hour. Really? They do in Oregon and other countries as well.
You want people off welfare? PAY THEM!!!
I fear the environment may well be doomed based on this guys cabinet. EPA is in trouble and now he's meeting with the CEO of FedEx. Doesn't bode well for the USPS.

Dear lord what a breath of fresh intelligent air. Thank you crash for this im copying and pasting it everywhere. Except for the $15/hr i think it should be around $10 if people can get 40hrs a week because the 40 hour work week has be demolished.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Last, even china had seen the light on this. In point of fact China expanded solar more and faster than any other nation this year alone. You're absolutely correct that cows/livestock profuce an enormous amount of methane. However if you look at the research, fracking leakage, normal and emergency venting far exceed livestock output. There's also the water use consideration. It takes hundreds of thousands of gallons of water to drill then frack a well. Notwithstanding the contamination issues created by fracking through ground water/aquifers, they have no regulation on disposal of contaminated fracking water so it's usually polled to evaporate. Now they are discovering a number of health issues related to those evap ponds. They have suspected for years but it was only recently that hard evidence of toxic fracking compounds have been found and identified in lung tissue samples. These corporations have massive legal departments who's sole purpose is to run anyone who sues them out of money. Or settle with a strict nondisclosure agreement. So your water is now flammable a month after we fracked the well next door to your house. Prove it's our fault and not a natural anomaly. As far as one country, the Paris climate agreement includes 197 CPU tries and the European Union. Fact is we're the only country that can't seem to get its collective heads around this issue. And we're the largest emitter of CO2 on the planet per capita. China is higher, but has over a billion people or 3X's as many as the US. 9 countries including Germany, Norway, Finland, and a few others have already produced more power from solar and wind that their respective countries need. So it's not one country doing all the work here. We're way behind. Considering we invented solar power (NASA) that really is sad. judging by his cabinet pics, and stories I'm reading in the financials all the progress we've made will be reversed. Biggest problem as usual is finding reliable sources for this kind of information. Everything on Facebook is click bait and totally unreliable.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

Also "before the flood" documentary is an amazing eye opening experience but you cant watch with a rightwing obsessed mind.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

"Merchants of Doubt"is on cable right now. Everyone needs to see and understand how we're being duped on a number of issues, not just climate change. The film exposes the "experts" who continue to deny science or attempt to controvert it to their own ends. And how MSM failed to vet these people properly. An excels t example of this is the Faux Noise "CIA" expert who spent month trashing clinton after the Benghazi attack. He's in jail for impersonating a CIA officer! I kid you not! Research showed he lied through his teeth as well. State department protocol dictated the second the first shot was fired, state conceded response control to DOD (Department of Defense). Meaning as soon as the attack was reported and still under way, the US military was in charge.

Fact is the only credible report I have read cites the 350 million dollar embassy security budget cut as being mostly responsible for Chris Stevens death. Coming off 13 attacks in 8 years, the budget committee failed to adequately fund states security requirements.

But again, unless you read the actual investigation reports, you won't know because MSM blew the reporting because they never did any investigative journalism. Instead we got a parade of so called experts who in many cases weren't experts.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

STRIZ wrote:
Oh well so be it. I am for Burger King anyway.

Ron, Self-Service kiosks have started to pop up in McDonald and soon to all of them. So, if self service kiosks are there guess they dont need an extra body or 2 around? Like the sunpass...so less toll booth collectors needed.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Year well thats called power to the big corporations. I wonder who favourit that is. Maybe someone close to pay for play. Huh????

Might have a comment or 2 on what Solarpower has brought to Germany other that we cannot store it sell it cheap to the Chechs and buy it back for double. Has to be a reason why our electricity bill went up an average of 40%

Solar is a good thing but when it only helps the big corps in setting then up and so forth it needs a different approach so ALL have something of the pie.
Dont need Reports or investigation results. A electrical bill will suffice.

Mind you where I work is in exactly that biz. Building powerplants / Solar / Wind / Coal and so forth. The population does not benefit.

Remember once talking bout lesser evil?

I sure made my choice allthough it still is evil. No left no right Wing no Center will benefit anyone the way it is but maybe a wakeup call can adjust some thinking going forward. It will force more kompromise at least I hope so. The smaller the little guys really need a break. All this globalism is just another 1939 to 1945. Different name different scale. Just more control and hiding of the riches going to the rich.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

So impressed...

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

LOL
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

What? They were raising their hands so they could ask permission for the bathroom.

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”