Church shooting in Texas

This off topic area is for Politics, Religion and all the talk that gets people in a ruffle. All be tolerant of each others opinions. Remember that is all it is "OPINIONS"
Ice
Weekend Warrior

Church shooting in Texas

Post by Ice »

Wonder if was those leftist antifa nutjobs...you know...the ones who said "we wont stop til trump and pence are gone" yeah, them...anyone want to bet???

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/05/ma ... hurch.html

kblue
SHARKER

Re: Church shooting in Texas

Post by kblue »

another blame that goes to Trump...

Thelonereeler
Fisher

Post by Thelonereeler »

I'd put my money on what this guy says, they've been doing it all along...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWyS_-ifcz0

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

lol :drunk:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

kblue wrote:lol :drunk:
I will drink witj you on this one, blue! Make it a double :drunk: :drunk:

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

So is it time to modify some gun laws or what? This poop is getting out of control.

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Miami_Chris wrote:So is it time to modify some gun laws or what? This poop is getting out of control.
Yes and we should also make heroine and cocaine illegal :roll: Mental health care is horid in this country since Reagan closed the mental asylums.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Miami_Chris wrote:So is it time to modify some gun laws or what? This poop is getting out of control.
What modification do you think needs to be tweak in the law? Or what do you see that can be done different?

Miami_Chris
KING MACKEREL

Post by Miami_Chris »

Guns will never be illegal in the United States, but they really should limit the amount you can own and limit the power of firearms available to the public. Want to hunt? Buy bolt action rifles. Want a gun for home defense, buy a handgun or shotgun. Rifles that are easily modified and capable of spraying crazy amounts of rounds should not be available to the public. They also need to keep track on the amount of magazines one person is buying. How about drug tests before buying a gun? How about a mandatory psych exam before buying a gun?

People with mental health issues are getting their hands on high power fire arms because they are so widely available. That poop needs to change or we’re just going to keep seeing these crazy shootings happen.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

This turd had red flags all over...another one that slipped through the system and unfortunately this was the outcome.

The US Air Force acknowledged it did not relay information about Kelley's court martial conviction for domestic assault to civilian law enforcement, something that could have prevented him from purchasing the firearms used in the shooting. The Air Force and Department of Defense are investigating how records of his domestic violence conviction were handled.

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

It is our freedom to not give a damn...

Until gun violence impacts your family directly, you won't care enough to do something about it. There's a ton of research to explain this apathy.
After World War II, the famous Cambridge psychologist J.T. MacCurdy studied an interesting phenomenon about the bombings in London in 1940 and 1941.
He found that people affected by the bombings fell into three categories: those who died, those who were a "near miss" (who closely witnessed the horror of the bombings but lived), and those who had a "remote miss" (people who may have heard the sirens, but were removed from the direct scene of the bombing).
Here's what's interesting. MacCurdy found the people who witnessed a "near miss" were deeply affected by the bombing -- while the "remote miss" group felt invincible and even excited.
They were far enough away from the event and had survived, leading them to feel invulnerable and no longer scared.
Until you've experienced a "near miss," it's easy for your mind to compartmentalize mass shootings that you hear about -- thinking they will never affect you.

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Again, the system was in place to stop him. The Air force failed to report. That would have or might have stopped him from buying a gun.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Rare wrote:Again, the system was in place to stop him. The Air force failed to report. That would have or might have stopped him from buying a gun.
Legally yeah but we all know that if someone wants to do BS they will find a way. A nutcase is a nutcase cuz he a nutcase - nothing you can do right there.
Guncontrol will not work. Just cant just because there is always a way. Look at Fast n Furios. In the end the bad guy who knows will get a gun illegal and wind up with a goverment supplied weapon.
Psych Exam n stuff all nice and dandy and a way to go but who wants to be evaluated and then stuffed in a drawer for the right or wrong reasons. Also how control things if someone passes all checks and develops some mental thing at a later point.

BTW a snap can happen to the most healthy when conditions are met that go bejond what one can take. So many possabilities that IMO it is most difficult to find a way to allow or disallow purchase and or license. Dont know but it seems nearly impossible to me.

Anyway it is the finger on the trigger not the gun itself. Could be a toothpick for all I know.
Anyway may god have mercy with the poor souls harmed.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Ron, correct. I didnt want to beat the dead horse over amd over. Some good key points have been brought up in this conversation. It's going to take a little bit of everything to get it down right or at leaat bring it down.

We also have to understand the impact social media and everybody with a camera phone brings to this as well. These events were most likely out there all the time. Now, a simple cell phone can be use broadcast to millions and millions of people in a instance and make a greater impact.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Spot on Brah
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

Thelonereeler
Fisher

Post by Thelonereeler »

Google "Operation Northwoods", the criminals in DC could care less about the people. Go ahead and think otherwise.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Thelonereeler wrote:Google "Operation Northwoods", the criminals in DC could care less about the people. Go ahead and think otherwise.

Who the F cares
Look anywhere any country and from 2000 years ago til today. Think anything would change?

No way - whoever comes to power wants to have more - it is a human nature thing - thats a fact.
All you can do is be the best you can be and at least know that you are doing the right thing but do not forget that even then your own interpretation of yourself is just that - a inrerpretation or point of view. Dang and the circle has 360 degrees to choose from LOL
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

kblue
SHARKER

Post by kblue »

Well... in opinion, our younger generation may not care about the actual gun but gaming computers... they can shoot guns as much they want in video games.
It is hard to shoot actual gun unless shooting range... but they can shoot it any time in here...

I saw my friend's kid playing a video game...And I played once and was addicted right away...
Gun sound is real in this game. I watch CNN video showing Las Vegas shooting, I recognized AK sound right away...
This particular game called battlegrounds taking over the whole world.... It came out this year and about 20 million copies sold last a few month...It spreads

BTW, the spec of gaming computer affects the result of the game... So it is like a weapon system... They need top sound system and top video graphic...
It could cost $1500 ~ $10,000...

:pistols: :auto:
lol

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Get used to it boys and girls. When 26 children being murdered in school didn’t change gun laws, nothing ever will.

I completely agree gun laws will not stop anything at this point. Our society is so saturated with high capacity weapons, you could never recover them.

I believe this will eventually become a financial responsiblity issue. They won’t pass gun laws, they’ll pass insurance laws that say you’re required to insure the potential liability you hold in the destructive power of your firearm.

People obviously don’t matter so let’s make it about money. Other countries are already looking at this as public health issue. Do the reading. Find out how many Vegas survivors will be on welfare for the rest of their lives. Betting a few of the Texas survivors will as well.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26822013/
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Thelonereeler
Fisher

Post by Thelonereeler »

STRIZ wrote:
Thelonereeler wrote:Google "Operation Northwoods", the criminals in DC could care less about the people. Go ahead and think otherwise.

Who the F cares
Look anywhere any country and from 2000 years ago til today. Think anything would change?

No way - whoever comes to power wants to have more - it is a human nature thing - thats a fact.
All you can do is be the best you can be and at least know that you are doing the right thing but do not forget that even then your own interpretation of yourself is just that - a inrerpretation or point of view. Dang and the circle has 360 degrees to choose from LOL
The only way they get power is through submission. When the people know better than to fall for the myth of authority, they can fight it off every time.
I've always resented the fact that I feel caged by regulations.
If you're not free, you're a slave.
True heroes will fight for true freedom, not BS wars over made up ghosts.

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

Thelonereeler wrote:
STRIZ wrote:

Who the F cares

The only way they get power is through submission. When the people know better than to fall for the myth of authority, they can fight it off every time.
Said the rebel who turned dictator down the road

History prooves it. People always new better. Then they chopped the Heads off the Kings. 10 years later same old same old.

The individual has to do the right thing for one self but dont expect change. Is all hot air. Be good with yourself and spend your eartly time the best you can. Treat others the way you would like to be treated and all is good. At least on a Personal universe Level.
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Thelonereeler wrote:
Are you the true hero the world has been waiting for? All I see is words with no action... Is there anything you have done not to feel as if youre caged by "the man?" What regulations makes you feel like if you are caged? Can you move somewhere else not to feel like that? Im just trying to understand it all. Better yet....

What changes you think "we" as a nation as "one" can do and put a stop these nut jobs? Is there anything you can do now to get the ball rolling with any action?

Return to “Soapbox Politics, Religion, etc."HEAVY" not light hearted”