newbie need info

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: newbie need info

Post by crashmister »

http://myfwc.com/docs/RulesRegulations/ ... sChart.pdf Here is a link to FWC so you know how many you can keep. Get a topo. chart and find the reef. You will find them in holes on the reef so a dive light is a good idea also. Don't be in a big hurry to stick your hand in. Lobsters aren't the only thing you may find. Last watch the current. It can be ripping at times and in a 4 knot current you can end up a mile from where you entered in 15 min. I hope you aren't going to try this alone as that is never a good idea. Good Luck
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Forgot to ask, Your certified right?

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

you can catch lobster anywhere around anglins pier, we have been finding some around the third reef, its pretty shallow there (about 16ft)

EHC342
Seasoned Fisher

Post by EHC342 »

lol... no dude its 16ft, i free dive that area very often (my buddy # one will agree with me)... you dont need to get certified to free dive... me and a guy from this forum are going spearfishing/lobstering some time next week, you are welcome to come with us if you are interested..

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Nature Boy wrote:i have to be certified to free dive ? if thats the case than i am not but would go for the certification, in any case the third reef i have herd is a bit more deeper than 16 feet of water around 60 feet but i might be wrong, and yeah i would seek other buddies to dive with me sure i am not a whimp but am sure smart enough.
have any others on this board have sucess with lobsters ?
sorry dude I thought you ment scuba. No you don't have to be certified to free dive

# one
Weekend Warrior

Post by # one »

Ya that third reef is no deeper than 20ft. Its a long swim out, but you should do fine there. Lobsters are a little scarce this time of year and if you want some you gotta go and get emm now, since season closes on Arpil 1st.

DeadBait
Weekend Warrior

Post by DeadBait »

Don't forget your fishing license with lobster stamp.

Stick to the first reef if it is your first time, the ocean is a little different than a swimming pool. You can find lobsters there occasionally, and can get a good feel of the ocean.

Make sure you have a dive flag too.

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”