Permits (as in the paper kind)

Ask your spearfishing questions here Gear, Location ideas, etc.
grouperking
Old Salt

Permits (as in the paper kind)

Post by grouperking »

Just wondering me and my dad got into the discussion of if i need a permit to spearfish.... Personally I think I need one to spearfish but he says that if your younger than 16 all you need is flag, gun, buoy and ur good.

lmk what u guys think

Rare
SHARKER

Re: Permits (as in the paper kind)

Post by Rare »

I think you should listen to your dad. That's just me....if you are a rebel i say head over to FWC website and see if you can find out if no one replies. I only know one person who would of had the answer to that (tommy

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Post by baseball4life702 »

:king: lol don't let people mess with you on here about this topic.. Most here hate spearfishing however I am a fan and have been diving since before I was fishing but I keep that business on another forum PM me for info. Now if you are under 16 years of age you need absolutely no license for any type of harvest of any of saltwater species except those that anybody else with a license couldn't get. I would know this from experience since I'm 22 and 6 years ago I did not need one.
Now to your second topic. I have never in my life heard of a permit for spearfishing. The only thing required is your normal saltwater fishing license that you would need to fish from a boat. If your dad is worried this is simple imformation that can e found on FWC website sadly their technology is better than their live action lol.
There are many spearfishing regulations like if you are between Miami beach and long key there is no spearfishing from shore you have to be 3 miles out otherwise people do a lot of shore dives in the Broward area. There's also many species that cannot be speared but favorites like grovers, ytails, muttons, grouper, mackerel, cobia, dolphin, and many others that are prime table fare.
Once again like in the kayak section I will offer my help, if you need more advice or want my assistance I am around fishing and diving the area lol

grouperking
Old Salt

Post by grouperking »

thanks for info once I get my kayak and i fix it up ill pm

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

I know now of two people that can answer these types of questions ...baseball4life702, do you sell ice-cream?

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Make all the jokes you want I may enjoy another sport but I don't have to involve people who don't understand it lol... I can answer all his questions but I don't put up old pictures of my spearfishing adventures on a land based fishing forum like one of our lovely old members :auto:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

baseball4life702 wrote:Make all the jokes you want I may enjoy another sport but I don't have to involve people who don't understand it lol... I can answer all his questions but I don't put up old pictures of my spearfishing adventures on a land based fishing forum like one of our lovely old members :auto:

touchy!! Are you saying that my first reply wasnt correct? To listen to his dad and if not head to FWC or that other member would have not answered his questions?

Still didnt answer if you sell ice cream or not...

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

Lol I never said you didn't answer his question just didn't want you to get touchy on the kid lol spearing is fun if your not a jackass like those that keep 8" snapper on the bridge, I sold ice cream a long time ago those days have ended though I but I still wish I made that money $$$ :king:

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

lol don't let people mess with you on here about this topic
Lol I never said you didn't answer his question
Just trying to help someone get the right information....When you wrote that, I thought you were saying i wasnt being a helpful joe and messing with him on the questions he was asking. It did hurt...im okay now. Now, as for as the ice cream........there is still hope for you! :toast:

baseball4life702
KING MACKEREL

I'm drunk and confused, I don't know which is worse lol probably the confusion

STRIZ
KING MACKEREL

Post by STRIZ »

I could never stay away from this forum.

To damn funny :biglaugh:
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
EVEN WHEN THE NECK IS DIRTY

Kingofthesea
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Kingofthesea »

Rare wrote:I only know one person who would of had the answer to that (tommy
It's sad that so much of your classic wit goes unnoticed. But not by me :auto:

Glad to see you are in a good mood lately. Must be thinkin' you're a lock for the big prize on the Yankee Capt. huh? Well, I think you would be my "dark horse" candidate to win if I was a betting man. Makes me nervous you are silent on the topic cause you're a plotting SOB if I ever saw one. Gonna be very exciting.
Those old queen slave owners that wrote our Constitution 200 years ago were brilliant.

"Every four years Americans get the President they deserve".

Rare
SHARKER

Post by Rare »

Im more of the white horse kind of guy riding through a cow pasture. The black horse is an endless entity loop if you ask me. Now, as far as for the yankee capt. Im stoked to see the many new faces that will be riding for the first time out there. That is my enjoyment...It will be more of documentation of the moments to be or had. Many of these guys are coming with a jigging arson that will be untouched & just out of reach for me. Overall, the joy of this is me living through the eyes of a child like on his first trip to disney world.

Now, you need to head over that other thread and answer my question. I will let you can ride on the white horse but you have been forewarned that on the end of that ride you must clean the horse hoof. Am i your huckleberry? If so, ride on that whitehorse cowboy

krash
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by krash »

baseball is correct.. same deal if you are 65 or over like me... but like he said there are other spearfishing restrictions, and you do have to obide by size, season, and quantity limits
SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

Rare wrote: I will let you can ride on the white horse but you have been forewarned that on the end of that ride you must clean the horse hoof. Am i your huckleberry? If so, ride on that whitehorse cowboy
Hands down out everything that rare has contributed to this forum that right there is the best.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Return to “General Spearfishing Talk”