Carp in Cocoa, FL area?

This area is to help those to Flyfish and get the answers to there questions.
jayhawk
Fisher

Carp in Cocoa, FL area?

Post by jayhawk »

I've seen videos and a post in this ection on catching carp. It sounds like a kool way to blow some sare time, however I don' know if there are carp in the waters in east central Florida. Do any of you know?

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Carp in Cocoa, FL area?

Post by fixed80 »

I wish I could tell u but I don't think there is many places u could go to and catch carp.
Most likely carp will be found in areas that are private not public.

NCPierRat
Fisher

Post by NCPierRat »

you know actually i saw a saltwater fishing show and two guys were fishing in like miami or tampa something (i remember it was in florida though) they were fishing for peacocks in some river that must have been in brackish water because they caught a small snook... anyway there was a small tree with small crab apples or beach nuts under it and they caught a carp out from underneath the tree. must have been two years ago when i watched it.

NCPierRat

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Carp were stocked in South Florida to try and clean the waterways of hydrilla and such. Not sure if they stocked them up by you. They are sterile so probably won't spread far.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Return to “FlyFishing Help”