Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

Post by james380 »

Exactly SS.. No one ever catches fish off Juno.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

SnapperSnatcher
Old Salt

Post by SnapperSnatcher »

thank you sir lol.. no fish there ... any ways looks like fishing has slowed down til the next front.
''Bobster The Lobster''

MASTERPEACOCK29
Seasoned Fisher

Post by MASTERPEACOCK29 »

JunoChris wrote:Bro I dont know where your getting your info from but if it from someone else they are making you look like a clown. If you are actually going to Juno yourself then you are just lying. No one is missing anything but bluefish, a few macks, and a couple Bonito. The Cobia havent showed up yet.

Hey Chris,

Since you are the most reliable source for Juno Reports and have put tons of hours fishing that place.Can you tell me when is the best months or time of the year to catch a cobia at
the pier.Still looking for my first ,So I would like to seperate some days from work to make the trip up and possibly pop the cherry.

Thanks,
Felipe

Intheslot
Fisher

Post by Intheslot »

JunoChris wrote:Bro I dont know where your getting your info from but if it from someone else they are making you look like a clown. If you are actually going to Juno yourself then you are just lying. No one is missing anything but bluefish, a few macks, and a couple Bonito. The Cobia havent showed up yet.
I dunno know man but it's been hard catching the Cobes with all those pesky bait stealing Sailfish around.
I switched from nightcrawlers to crickets and then all I caught were Dolphin. Fun on my cane pole. Some Blue Marlin were hitting sand fleas on the T. Hey, if your going to make up a bs report, make it a good one!

I'm with you Chris, that report was :thumbdown:.

People spend good money on gas and entry, it sucks when false reports (including from the pier attendants) are given out.

sand rat
Fisher

Post by sand rat »

well here goes the right report: Two snook in the slot were on the pier yesterday and three blue fish about 3 lbs. They were alot of whiting caught right at the surf line. I was there from 7:00 am to about 12
Sand Rat

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

I caught both those slot fish yesterday. This morning there wasnt any keepers caught just shorts. All the snook are on croakers and whiting.

As far as the cobia, for the whole fall and winter there was maybe 5 caught total last year. Then in May there was a run of two weeks where there was 1 or 2 hooked per day. Many more fish were caught running the beach in the boat and thats where I plan on being this year. If you had to pick a time wait until the temp drops a good bit because the water temp is still way too high.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

Eatsomerice
Fisher

Post by Eatsomerice »

fished from 6amish - 9am jacks, macks, bluefish for like 10mins this morning after that it was dead

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Has anyone fished juno pier during the last couple days? Is there any bait around and any activity now that the wind is out of the northeast??

inshoreguy
Weekend Warrior

Post by inshoreguy »

Fished Juno this morning,

No bait around at all. I left at 10:30 and never saw a Pompano being caught. The only thing going on were Bluefish. They would not tough any lures. Everyone tried plugs, spoons, jigs you name it.
They were however being caught off the TEE on cut bait right on the bottom. It seemed as every couple of minutes one would come over the rail. Most fish being caught were between 2 Lb and 5 Lbs.

I usually dont fish bait but since nothing else was going on, I figured why not.

I ended up catching 10 Blues up to 5 lbs, several jacks and I spanish mack. All on fresh dead pilchards. Another guy had cast netted a couple hundred this morning down at Boynton and was sharing his fresh dead bait. (Nice guy).

Good Luck to all.

Intheslot
Fisher

Post by Intheslot »

inshoreguy wrote:Fished Juno this morning,

No bait around at all. I left at 10:30 and never saw a Pompano being caught. The only thing going on were Bluefish. They would not tough any lures. Everyone tried plugs, spoons, jigs you name it.
They were however being caught off the TEE on cut bait right on the bottom. It seemed as every couple of minutes one would come over the rail. Most fish being caught were between 2 Lb and 5 Lbs.

I usually dont fish bait but since nothing else was going on, I figured why not.

I ended up catching 10 Blues up to 5 lbs, several jacks and I spanish mack. All on fresh dead pilchards. Another guy had cast netted a couple hundred this morning down at Boynton and was sharing his fresh dead bait. (Nice guy).

Good Luck to all.

Has the water color turned brownish yet? That might explain why they are only hitting cut bait.

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Thanks for the report!!

inshoreguy
Weekend Warrior

Post by inshoreguy »

The water was kinda of brown earlier, there was cleaner water moving in around mid morning but I was getting ready to go.

Eatsomerice
Fisher

Post by Eatsomerice »

Fished from 5am - 9am. Bluefish, undersized pompanos, blue runners, and a few macks and jacks.

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Fished from 6am to 6pm....bite was pretty steady all day, but wind and waves were a crazy! Most of the catches I saw were blues, small macks, a few pompano(most undersized), a few small black tips, small jacks, and a couple snook. My catch for the day was: 7 blues, 2 jacks, 1 bluerunner, 2 black tips, and one snook (31 3/4"). All in all, a fairly productive day!!

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

13 fish good job. :thumright:

Eatsomerice
Fisher

Post by Eatsomerice »

fished from 4am-11am on sunday. tons of blues, few small macs, runers, jacks.

Tony2
Weekend Warrior

Post by Tony2 »

I was there also as a sightseer today, I didn't bring poles because I was showing the pier to family visiting.. lots of people keeping undersized fish of all varieties. One guy had a least 30 undersized pompano. I informed one "fisherman" about size limits and was told to mind my own business because I wasn't fishing. On my way off the pier I mentioned to the pier attendant what was going on and he said FWP won't come down during the winter kind of insinuating in his response they don't want to scare the Snow Birds from the pier.

If this is true it's disturbing because most of the regulars, including me, follow all the regulations all year round.

Tony
rob762 wrote:Fished with Adrienne from 8:3- -1:00 Pm today. Sine the girls were with grandma - we decided to try Juno for a change...

We caught a number of juvi pomps and 2 keepers. Some bluefish, blue runners and a small mac. Saw a bunch of jacks caught along with a number of decent sized macs.

Pier was crowded, not sure if today was a normal day crowd wise, but it was tough fishing with all the people. Especially, when you conside that a lot of the folks that were bottom fishing weren't using enough weight. I couldn't hold bottom with 6oz pyramid, so I gave up on the bottom..

Huge rollers coming in had the surfers out in force.

Oops - almost forgot - about 150 yds off the tee there was a huge shark tearing up the bait. Judging by the dorsal fin heght, I'm guessing a big hammer. Great to see...

Till next time.

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by rshields »

That sucks. I try to follow the rules as best I can and some bird has 30 undersized pomps in the bag. Kiss my @$^

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

That really blows Tony2. You still should have call FWC and report them. This one reason I like DFP because local sheriff patrol the piers.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

bolo wrote:That really blows Tony2. You still should have call FWC and report them. This one reason I like DFP because local sheriff patrol the piers.
To Tony2. you could of called FWC to let them take care of the problem at Juno pier. but to call them after you mentioned about
underside fish to someone or some folks on the pier........ then don't do it. cuz if you do, they will know who is responsible for
the call. and you don't need any confrontation with mad angler or anglers while fishing. it's still good to call and let officers
know whats happening up there. just do it in secret and don't ask nor speak to anyone about fish/size limits. :thumright:

Tony2
Weekend Warrior

Post by Tony2 »

Next time I'll call myself, the reason I didn't call was the guy at the pier said FWP wasn't responding to HIS calls so I didn't bother. 888 404 3922 is the number for those who don't have it.
fixed80 wrote:
bolo wrote:That really blows Tony2. You still should have call FWC and report them. This one reason I like DFP because local sheriff patrol the piers.
To Tony2. you could of called FWC to let them take care of the problem at Juno pier. but to call them after you mentioned about
underside fish to someone or some folks on the pier........ then don't do it. cuz if you do, they will know who is responsible for
the call. and you don't need any confrontation with mad angler or anglers while fishing. it's still good to call and let officers
know whats happening up there. just do it in secret and don't ask nor speak to anyone about fish/size limits. :thumright:

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

Have not seen a "stellar" day of fishing where the FWC was not out and about at DFP. After enough calls about poaching are confirmed, the place will become a regular stop for FWC on good days.

BTW - JunoChris - Had a school of MONSTER AJ's come by DFP and wreck a few rigs for folks not really ready for em....one was lost up and down that was in the range of yours last week.....Wierd, always thought the big guys favored deep structure and were not really very migratory....learn something new everyday.
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

inshoreguy
Weekend Warrior

Post by inshoreguy »

Hey Cookinman,

This time of the year there are plenty of BIG AJ's real shallow. They love chasing around all of the blue runners that around. Last year while fishing for snapper and grouper on a small patch reef just south of Spanish River in 30' of water, we had a huge AJ come up a slam a small lane snapper that was just below the surface. Luckily we had the fish on a decent size conventional outfit that we were using in hopes of a big grouper or mutton. After 30 mins, we ended up gaffing the fish in 150 feet of water. It weighted 62 lbs on the scale at Lighthouse Point Marina. I will try and post a picture later.
Sunday morning while fishing up at Juno Pier we saw about a half dozen swimming around that were all over 30 lbs.

Good luck to all.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

The AJ's were around a little the last two days but they were turning their nose up at everything we put in front of them. I swam runners, mullet, and mackeral right past them without a look and they wouldnt touch the big x-rap or cobia jig. A few macks and a few runners the last two days and that has been about it. I guess the fishing was better when I was out of town on sunday but its been pretty slow so far this week.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Good job Rob. Since you work so close to Juno Pier I am surprise you don't fish there often.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Went out Saturday morning ~8:00 am. Only saw one spade fish caught. Was there for an hour and headed home.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”