Boynton Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2009 - 2010

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Re: Boynton Inlet "Fishing Reports" 2009 - 2010

Post by Sirsnookalot »

No

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

well what about the jetty. wen is it gonna be completed?

demha11
Fisher

Post by demha11 »

fixed80 wrote:well what about the jetty. wen is it gonna be completed?

I've heard rumors of late January or February, but nothing solid.

Sirsnookalot
KING MACKEREL

Post by Sirsnookalot »

Scheduled to be completed Mar,2012, a year behind as it is...........doubt it will be done by then. The jetties will no longer have steel cables, but a railing 42" high with 7 aluminum slats. The south jetty is about 18" higher and 4' wider than it was and north jetty will about 2' higher and about 4 ' wider than it was. Work has continued on the north and they just started work again on the south ( work stoppage due to turtle season).

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Wow taking for ever to finish that project. It will be hot when its done. I can't wait to fish the north jetty again when its finished. I liked fishing there for sure. :toast:

Oniram
Fisher

Post by Oniram »

Any spanish macks been seen at boynton inlet? I haven't been out there for a while, and just wondering if there is any action after that cold snap went through.....

masterbater
Seasoned Fisher

Post by masterbater »

Oniram wrote:Any spanish macks been seen at boynton inlet? I haven't been out there for a while, and just wondering if there is any action after that cold snap went through.....

y dont you ride out there an give me a report

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

masterbater wrote:
Oniram wrote:Any spanish macks been seen at boynton inlet? I haven't been out there for a while, and just wondering if there is any action after that cold snap went through.....

joooooeeeeeey

Oniram
Fisher

Post by Oniram »

masterbater wrote:

I guess I deserved that.

I will make a special trip out there tonight just for you, you hairy-palmed enigma.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Oniram wrote: I will make a special trip out there tonight just for you, you hairy-palmed enigma.
:uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol: :uplol:
dilhole :mrgreen:
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

masterbater
Seasoned Fisher

Post by masterbater »

Oniram wrote:
masterbater wrote:

I guess I deserved that.

I will make a special trip out there tonight just for you, you hairy-palmed enigma.

now did you really have to say that

Oniram
Fisher

Post by Oniram »

now did you really have to say that
Yeah, I kinda did.....but all in jest. :nilly:

I shouldn't have replied in the "reports" post asking for a report, so I deserved to be chided.

Anyways, I went out to the inlet last night. Got there about 4:45pm, there was not a whole lot going on. I was on the south side, tried to make a cast right in front of the lifeguard tower, and they told me to wait until they left at 5:20 (new rule on me), but I asked the LG if he had heard anything on when the pier is going to be finished, he said March 2011 was the date. Maybe he meant 2012?? I don't think it looks like its going to be done in 3 months.

There were two other guys fishing with bait on the south side (I didn't trek to the north side), I saw they caught some small fish, they were south of the pipe, so I don't know what exactly they were....maybe pompano?

I was throwing my trusty deadly d!ck, when the tide started to come in strong, I was casting to the eddy created on the south pier, and managed to catch a barracuda again. There was some bait breaking off of the north side pier, I guess it was just more barracuda ambushing bait.

I took pics :

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

I'm on the north side now. I'm loaded with calicos, bluecrab, and live fleas. I'm praying wind dies down. 4.5 oz spudniks holding nice. Take a walk and say hi if in area.

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Well no fish caught but there are plenty of calico crabs in the surf right now. I caught about 10 calico's in about an hour. Fished 330pm till 8pm without a bite on live fleas or crabs. I take that back I did have some bites from pin fish tearing up my crabs. I seen a lot of bait in close getting busted up. Should have stayed in south county. :toast:

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”