Pompano Fishing Pier 2010 "ONLY REPORT"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Pompano Fishing Pier 2010 "ONLY REPORT"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Fishing Reports Only, Thanks
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Pompano Fishing Pier 2010 "ONLY REPORT"

Post by Jordan »

Anyone been there in a while? I want to head out tomorrow but I haven't gone to Pompano in months.

contenderblue
Fisher

Post by contenderblue »

last monday lou got a 54 in king to the fork.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

contenderblue wrote:last monday lou got a 54 in king to the fork.
That's a nice king. Do you know what he got it on? I'm going out tomorrow from about 9am-4pm.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Fished Pompano today from 930am-4pm. It was the first time we had gone to pompano in a long time, and I actually really liked it. The guy working at the bait house was really nice and gave us discounts on most of the stuff we bought, and some free drinks. Well anyway, when we showed up someone pulled in big spanish mack, had to be a solid 8lbs. A few more macks caught throughout the day, along with a bonita. Some guy fishing next to us pulled up a porgy that the guy at the bait house thought was a record. The fish was estimated at 7lbs, a huge porgy. A few more porgys were caught, not as big though. I lost a mack on a freelined hoo, missed the hook and bit the hoos head clean off -.- . As well as that, saw a few snook in the surf, and some cuda. A huuuuuuuge, I mean MONSTER cuda was swimming around the end of the pier, it looked to be 4ft long. It'd seem interested in our bait, but wouldn't eat. All in all, pretty fun day and some dude even offered us a bonita he caught. I'll be back tomorrow at 7am.

snookabogus

Post by snookabogus »

JordanConnorSharp wrote:Fished Pompano today from 930am-4pm. It was the first time we had gone to pompano in a long time, and I actually really liked it. The guy working at the bait house was really nice and gave us discounts on most of the stuff we bought, and some free drinks. Well anyway, when we showed up someone pulled in big spanish mack, had to be a solid 8lbs. A few more macks caught throughout the day, along with a bonita. Some guy fishing next to us pulled up a porgy that the guy at the bait house thought was a record. The fish was estimated at 7lbs, a huge porgy. A few more porgys were caught, not as big though. I lost a mack on a freelined hoo, missed the hook and bit the hoos head clean off -.- . As well as that, saw a few snook in the surf, and some cuda. A huuuuuuuge, I mean MONSTER cuda was swimming around the end of the pier, it looked to be 4ft long. It'd seem interested in our bait, but wouldn't eat. All in all, pretty fun day and some dude even offered us a bonita he caught. I'll be back tomorrow at 7am.
i knew it!

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

JordanConnorSharp wrote:I'll be back tomorrow at 7am.
no school?!?!!? lucky
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

snookabogus

Post by snookabogus »

me n Jordan are gonna be back at it again tomorow morning forsure. Gotta love teacher planning days! hopefully have a nice chunk of the T to ourselves muwahaha

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Oh yeah, a small pod of like 5 tarpon rolled through in 60-80lb range as we were getting ready to leave.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

u shoudnt have left then :D
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Haha, we had to.. they were rolling quick too and i doubt they would have hit a hoo or a gotcha..

snookabogus

Post by snookabogus »

I just can't wait for tomorrow. Going to be less people and I can free line some hooos no prob

snookabogus

Post by snookabogus »

Me and my two friends' setup for the pier.
from left to right
1. Piece of poop bait pole.
2. Little diawa bait pole.
3. Cheap Berkley rod and reel combo.
4. Offshore angler little conventional reel.
5. Shimano Spheros 14000 8 foot ugly stik 50 lb braid
6. Daiwa Exceller 8 foot ugly stik 50 lb braid
7. Daiwa Saltist 8 foot ugly stik 50 lb braid
8. Penn senator 4/0, 2 piece 8'6" 20 lb green mono.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

how much are you selling them for? :mrgreen: lol jk. guys came prepared today, and looks like they were put to bent most of the day as well

snookabogus

Post by snookabogus »

sorry to say we caught nothing :( and id be happy to add a nice saltist to that setup

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

so whats the report for today? anything decent?

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Teen, it wasn't as good as monday.. Only like two macks caught and one bonita while we were there. Messed around with the cudas most of the time because the macks and bonita stopped busting bait really early and we showed up at like 730.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

yea i heard, i was talking to ur friend kevin, and he wants to come out with me to the beach, and he said he was gonna ask u :toast: ?

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

yeah, i'd be down.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

:toast:

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

I walked the pier Sunday, I saw the closure sign but don't remember the dates now. I think it is only supposed to be for a couple days though.
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

Team_Rebel_Tyler
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Team_Rebel_Tyler »

Itching to get out and get some fishing time in, decided to head to Pompano this morning. Got there around 7am. flat calm, looking like it was going to be nice day. However, no whoos around so i was pretty much beat for bait besides the few squid i had. Around 8:15 hooked into a large scup, cut him up in some strips. Nothing but a few blow fish and some lizzard fish. :( Wind starting picking up around 9:30 SSW and it just got sh!tty. The few other fisherman that were there were pretty much skunked as well. One guy brought up a small red grouper(throwback) other than that i ended up leaving around 11. Highlight was a few huge tarpon went by, pretty cool :) Anyway, good luck to anyone going the next few days. I have the girlfriend coming in from Connecticut Sunda nite,so i'll be stuck in entertaining her ;) Tight lines guys :)
[~)))>{ ** http://www.teamrebelfishing.com/ ** }<(((~]
[~)))>{ ** http://www.devilwear.com/ ** }<(((~]

snookabogus

Post by snookabogus »

Headin out there soon. Will post report later

snookabogus

Post by snookabogus »

Forgot to post yesterday.

But went out yesterday from around 7 30 am to maybe 12. Water was dead flat you can see all the way to the bottom from the T. No wind at all and a no current. Lots of cuda smashing the very little amount of hoos that were there. Saw a couple snook cruisin through headin north. No bait = no fish. Wasn't a good day to fish so left early and called it a day.

Ended up with a cuda for sharkbait.

WetWillie
Seasoned Fisher

Post by WetWillie »

Fished from sunup to about 11 a.m. and had a howling wind out of the SE at 20-25 mph steady. Glad my hat had a drawstring. Only short periods of direct sun, but mostly cloud cover, but Splitshot got one mac on a Gotcha and some other dude nailed two bonies at the same timee on a pompano rig. Small school of hoo's off the northside, but no takers. Couldn't even buy a sand perch. The water needs to change temp and that should complete the chemical formula for catching fish. A lot of people thought today was the day for the great pompano run, but no dice. Keep watching the weather and the "reports". It's gotta happen soon. Hey, Shot, congrats again to you and the wife on the 7 wk old baby!! Nice to meet ya! Out!
Those other fish must be smart. We caught all the stupid ones!

splitshot
Fisher

Post by splitshot »

Long time lurker 1st post...Fished same time as WetWillie, conditions looked good.... but slow none the less. Managed one Mac on a gotcha. Fished some hand picked live shrimp...nada. Plenty of people soaking fleas with no takers. School of sharks swam by - cool to see. Nice chatting with you WW & thanks again.

Lomax aka ZEBCO
SHARKER

Post by Lomax aka ZEBCO »

C.J. wrote:I heard the city is taking the pier back from don?
8) Thought everyone already knew this weeks ago. Is true. The city is taking it back.

TAILTEASIN
Seasoned Fisher

Post by TAILTEASIN »

I heard the city is taking it back by summer time but I would not expect to see any changes made! They are staring to do something in the front there where they took everything out, maybe they are just laying grass to clean it up.
WHEN THE SEAS GET ROUGH GET ROUGH WITH IT!!!

joshfishboy1819
Seasoned Fisher

Post by joshfishboy1819 »

i have spoked to the people that work at the pier and they told me that there last day is on the 1st of next month then the pier will be closed for 1 month and they will open it back up and it will be free to get on.....
anglins pier rat

splitshot
Fisher

Post by splitshot »

Fished Sunday afternoon 3-8pm. SE wind, slight North bound current decent water color, lots of seaweed. Saw a few pompano come over the rail, nothing steady. Jigged for them for a bit with a goofy jig, then switched to a gotcha. Managed a decent mac, & got cut off a few times as well. Good amount of sharks around.

Spoke with Lanie a while before I left. She said the city was taking over the pier as of Wed. morning. She also said new hours would be from 7am to 7pm. :thumbdown: Bait wells will not be re installed and they have in fact been thrown out. Trees that were planted there are just temporary. The will be moved to Atlantic blvd. Sad news for those who fish this pier. She recommended emailing the mayor and city commissioner for those who are upset with these recent developments.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”