Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2010 "ONLY REPORTS"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
bolo
USER BANNED

Re: Anglins Pier Fishing Reports 2010 "ONLY REPORTS"

Post by bolo »

Rijkaard wrote:
JordanConnorSharp wrote:It was just Connor and he didn't have his 12/0..it's in my freezer now
i'm kinda lost in this connor thing...who's who?
There's Jordan, Connor, and Kevin Sharp. They are all one person with multiple personality. :mrgreen:
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

The Bonita not his 12/0 lol

to set thing straight- posting on here is almost always me (Jordan)..Connor was c money and Kevin aka sharp was snookabogus..

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

a separate account is probably best like for an example: Jordan. :wink: just so this is less confusion to anyone. :)

fishnfool73
AMBASSADOR to the... BF FORUM

Post by fishnfool73 »

Nice bonita, is it me or is it really late in the year for them to still be around esp. in decent numbers and on the piers.
Dreaming the dream that one day I can be as good as some of the boatless pros and catch some 12 inch mangrove snapper.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

fishnfool73 wrote:Nice bonita, is it me or is it really late in the year for them to still be around esp. in decent numbers and on the piers.
they've been exploding on the ballyhoo the last two weeks i've been out there..people are getting them here and there

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

so word at anglins pier. anything like blues or pomps coming up on deck.

joshfishboy1819
Seasoned Fisher

Post by joshfishboy1819 »

fixed80 wrote:so word at anglins pier. anything like blues or pomps coming up on deck.
the word around the street is that there getting nice macs and bonitas at the T on freelined ballywhos!
anglins pier rat

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

bonita, wow. if only the seas would calm i would come down to catch a few. :mrgreen:

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

Sorry for the late post. Wife had to work last Friday and the kids were off school. So What to do but go fishing. Best thing of the day was catching 2 nice hogfish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

cool fish. are those really better tasting than snapper? i never had one nor caught them.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

fixed i've heard they're one of the best tasting fish, better than snapper, i've never eaten one though.

nice fish gatorkong

mmcauliffe
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by mmcauliffe »

fixed80 wrote:cool fish. are those really better tasting than snapper? i never had one nor caught them.
Personaly I think they are better eating, in fact one of my favorite. I've never caught one either but I've had customers that have shot them while diving give them to me.
The problem with writing about religion is that you run the risk of offending sincerely religious people, and then they come after you with machetes.

GO4EM
SHARKER

Post by GO4EM »

Gator with 2 hogs! probably bought a pound of Bacon... nice.
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned

angrylobster
Fisher

Post by angrylobster »

I had a marathon pier session from Sat to Tues night. Ended up with 6 keeper muttons two released, two keeper grovers, 1 yellow tail, 3 macs, 4 sharks, two rays, and tons of blues. Most of the fish were caught on ballyhoo and gogs on a fish finder rig. caught a couple of the macs on a plug. Also hooked a nice tarpon that jumped a few times, and freight trained me under the pier and broke off. fun times.

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

Thanks guys.
IMHO best tasting fish bar none if cooked right. Light,white, delicate and delicious. Melts in your mouth good.

joshfishboy1819
Seasoned Fisher

Post by joshfishboy1819 »

angrylobster wrote:I had a marathon pier session from Sat to Tues night. Ended up with 6 keeper muttons two released, two keeper grovers, 1 yellow tail, 3 macs, 4 sharks, two rays, and tons of blues. Most of the fish were caught on ballyhoo and gogs on a fish finder rig. caught a couple of the macs on a plug. Also hooked a nice tarpon that jumped a few times, and freight trained me under the pier and broke off. fun times.
were u useing the gogs and whos live and at the t or at the hut?
anglins pier rat

angrylobster
Fisher

Post by angrylobster »

[quote="joshfishboy1819"][quote="angrylobster"]I had a marathon pier session from Sat to Tues night. Ended up with 6 keeper muttons two released, two keeper grovers, 1 yellow tail, 3 macs, 4 sharks, two rays, and tons of blues. Most of the fish were caught on ballyhoo and gogs on a fish finder rig. caught a couple of the macs on a plug. Also hooked a nice tarpon that jumped a few times, and freight trained me under the pier and broke off. fun times.[/quote]
were u useing the gogs and whos live and at the t or at the hut?[/quote]

All cut bait at the T. The snappers were caught near the center of the T, cast as far as you can. I got hung up quite a bit though. I must have re-rigged 20 times.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Very relaxing indeed. I certainly wasn't bothered by fish. :mrgreen:
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Just leaving now nothing going on..coolest part of the days was seeing a 10ft +/- hammer chasing a school of tarpon

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

Cool to meet you rare. :toast:

JSheffey
Seasoned Fisher

Post by JSheffey »

Thanks for the great report. i am going to have to make a trip down to anglins soon.

Jordan
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Jordan »

rare wrote:
Jordan wrote:Cool to meet you rare. :toast:
Next time say hi..... :P I now know who you are cause you are a tab taller then the whole gang you were with..lol. You are more then welcome to test out the rod & reel next time I am out there. Only 4.5hrs of sleep this since friday for me... :lol:
Haha sorry about not really introducing myself, me and kevin noticed the rod because he wanted to get one done like it..and that's why I asked yiu about it, I didn't realize who you were until I put the pieces together lol

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

Late report. Went fishing with my favorite fishing buddy(my 4 yr old son) on Sunday. Didn't get to the pier until around 11am, a little too cold for an early start. Things started slow. NOthing but needlefish, filefish and reef fish picking at the bait. Finally spotted a piling with a bunch of fish around it. After slipping past the filefish hooked into a 18in GAG grouper. Nice fish but too small so back he went after pics. Then after that a big surprise. Up came mangrove snappers. I ended up with 3 and my son caught 4. I got the big one at 17 inches but he got the next biggest at 15 inches. The other 4 were between 12 and 13 inches. He also caught one of the biggest needle fish I have ever seen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Great report, that is a houndfish, not a needlefish though.

gatorkong
Seasoned Fisher

Post by gatorkong »

Thanks PP.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Houndfish : Scientific classification
Kingdom: Animalia hylum: Chordata Class: Actinopterygii Order: Beloniformes
Family: Belonidae Genus: Tylosurus Species: T. crocodilus Binomial name
Tylosurus crocodilus
The houndfish, Tylosurus crocodilus, is a gamefish of the family Belonidae. It is the largest member of its family, able to grow up to 5 feet (1.5 m) and reach 10 pounds (4.5 kg). It is also often called the Crocodile Needlefish
So as I see it houndfish are in the family needlefish.

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”