Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010-11-12 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Re: Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010 "Reports Only"

Post by fixed80 »

you should target cuda... they are pretty good.

jshank
Fisher

Post by jshank »

I went last night. Great conditions I would think. NE wind, high tide coinciding right around dusk. Got a really nice hit on my live shrimp but I just kept losing line as it ran under the bridge and finally poped. Another guy caught and released two small snook.

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Shrimp in Broward

Post by snook spy »

Went out to the inlet on Monday night to do some fishing, did some searching for bait in my usual spots with no luck, then as the tide started coming in so did the shrimp. Didnt have any drop down lights or scoop nets as we were not planning on shrimpin only fishing. After about 2 hours we had close to 200 shrimp using our cast net and flashlight. They were still tere but we decided to pack it in and fish. Used about 3 dozen of them, caught 3 keeper mangroves, 2 snook, and lost one nice poon after he threw the hook. Here are some pics of some of the shrimp that we kept for dinner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TeEnAnGlerPro213
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by TeEnAnGlerPro213 »

nice load of shrimp :thumleft:
"If people concentrated on the really important things of life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." -Doug Larson

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

is anyone fishing at hillsboro inlet or is there nothing to be caught but files, Sargent majors, etc.

PeirRat1985
Weekend Warrior

Post by PeirRat1985 »

Their are fish just nothing solid but snook.

Jwright1
Seasoned Fisher

Re: Shrimp in Broward

Post by Jwright1 »

snook spy wrote:Went out to the inlet on Monday night to do some fishing, did some searching for bait in my usual spots with no luck, then as the tide started coming in so did the shrimp. Didnt have any drop down lights or scoop nets as we were not planning on shrimpin only fishing. After about 2 hours we had close to 200 shrimp using our cast net and flashlight. They were still tere but we decided to pack it in and fish. Used about 3 dozen of them, caught 3 keeper mangroves, 2 snook, and lost one nice poon after he threw the hook. Here are some pics of some of the shrimp that we kept for dinner.

HEY?

Whose harry knuckles are those?
Robin Williams'?
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't
have that problem."

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

Just wanted to post a few pics of the tarpon caught my last 2 trips here during last week. All caught on live mullet with the small guy caught on pilchard. Lost many more to jumps. :reeling:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dipydogg
Seasoned Fisher

Post by dipydogg »

Nice Pics!!!

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Kept hooking moonies the other night on shrimp, til I finally decided to take one home to taste it. Well, it had that same funky taste that all fish from this location seem to have, even snook.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

tarpon tarpon tarpon. :)

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

Went out last night, went to my mullet spot, loaded up on a dozen. Went to the inlet and walked over to where the drift boats dock, they where both out but I noticed many tarpon swimming around. My buddy and me put on a mullet, both landed a tarpon and where out of there before we got kicked out. Fished the mullet around the bridge after that, jumped 2 more but lost them and that was it. On a side note, When the drift boats came in they had limited on kings, I think about 60 of them, about ten tuna, and many grovers and a few muttons. Looked like a great night to be on that boat :reeling:

BEOWULF
KING MACKEREL

Post by BEOWULF »

Tried my hand at the snookies last night, but none to be had. However I hooked one fish about ten feet in front of me, and it took off like a freight train! Then about 100 yards away towards the middle of the Intracoastal bay area, a huge tarpon jumps and spits the hook... estimated 80-100 lbs. What a rush, and a nice surprise when expecting a little ol' snook. Those 15 seconds made the trip worth it, funny how that is.

I was using a light-weight, stiff action IM9 rod with 30# braid and my trusty Supreme magnesium reel. I only fish lures at this location.

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

whats going on at hillsboro?

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

Took the my son (4 years old) fishing with my niece(9years old) under the bridge to stay away from the heat.They caught a bunch of Snappers (4inch-12inch) and had alot of fun.Last time we fished here my niece hooked up with a nice Tarpon that almost pulled her in the water. :shock: She also had a nice snapper that she was pulling up but a 4foot cuda took the back half off. :shock: Think i might be there tomorrow also. :salut:

REEL CAST
Seasoned Fisher

Post by REEL CAST »

More of the same today using pilchards for bait the biggest snapper of the day (caught by my niece)was a fat 13inch one that took a whole pilchard.That's all folks!! :)

fixed80
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by fixed80 »

still great to see you caught something.

kiz
Seasoned Fisher

Post by kiz »

Heard there is tons of bait in the inlet right now. Got a text from one of the charter employees about 30 mins ago.... I was going to call in sick but my boss saw me in the parking lot ....
Pucked up brewery
"adding more ABV per bottle so you can add more inches to your last catch...

Cookinman
FORUM CHEF "RETIRED"

Post by Cookinman »

kiz wrote:Heard there is tons of bait in the inlet right now. Got a text from one of the charter employees about 30 mins ago.... I was going to call in sick but my boss saw me in the parking lot ....

Thanks for the Tip !
TEAM 'COOKIN' :
:chef: "Still building 'em one BAITCATCHER at a time " :chef:

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

Was there last night, there are plenty of finger mullet. Saw something weird when I was fishing last night, maybe someone can explain it to me. When we were out fishing last night I noticed a glow stick floating in the water so we went over to check it out. I get to it and it is an empty 2 litre bottle with a glow stick taped to it. Attached to the bottle is about 3 feet of 100lb line with a circle hook and a live finger mullet. I ended up seeing 5 of these things floating around last night between hillsboro inlet and lighthouse point. Any idea why someone did this?

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

snook spy wrote:Was there last night, there are plenty of finger mullet. Saw something weird when I was fishing last night, maybe someone can explain it to me. When we were out fishing last night I noticed a glow stick floating in the water so we went over to check it out. I get to it and it is an empty 2 litre bottle with a glow stick taped to it. Attached to the bottle is about 3 feet of 100lb line with a circle hook and a live finger mullet. I ended up seeing 5 of these things floating around last night between hillsboro inlet and lighthouse point. Any idea why someone did this?
Were you in a boat or on shore?
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

PhishingPhanatic
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by PhishingPhanatic »

Bouy gear for snook? That is strange.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

PhishingPhanatic wrote:Bouy gear for snook? That is strange.
Not attached to anything to retreve it, I'm confused.

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

I was in a boat. There was no gear attached to retrieve. I was out from around 9:00pm untill almost 4:00 and never saw anyone checking on these, plus with the current and the mullet swimming they would be almost impossible to monitor. I removed all of the ones that I saw, but I wasnt sure if I should. I didnt want to see a dead snook attached to one of these wrapped up in a dock or something. I hope I didnt mess up someones research :scratch:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Sounds like someone from a boat was Jugging like freshwater style. Why wouldn't they put the sticks inside the bottles? Strange way to fish down here in saltwater. But makes sence. Is it illegal to Jug in saltwater or the inter costal waterway?

snook spy
Weekend Warrior

Post by snook spy »

Boca Jetty Rat wrote:Sounds like someone from a boat was Jugging like freshwater style. Why wouldn't they put the sticks inside the bottles? Strange way to fish down here in saltwater. But makes sence. Is it illegal to Jug in saltwater or the inter costal waterway?
Kinda what I was thinking but seems silly to do this, all of the jugs i found where on there way out of the inlet and would have made them difficult to find. Plus it would have to be illegal to do this, what if an undersized snook was hooked and died before they where retrieved. The more I think about it, I'm glad I removed all of the ones I saw

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

I agree with Scotty. If this was someone's research, the bottles would have been marked as such. I'm wondering if someone in a yak or small boat with no lights was watching them and you couldn't see them. Good call on your part picking them up.

claim5
Fisher

Re: Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010-11 "Reports Only"

Post by claim5 »

Looks like nobody's posted on this area for awhile, but I like fishing here when I can. This trip, my oldest wanted to fish with leftover steak and this is what she hooked up at Hillsbouro Inlet last week:

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Re: Hillsboro Inlet Fishing Reports 2010-11 "Reports Only"

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Leftover steak for bait!! Love it!! Nice catch!! :toast:

Return to “Pier Fishing Reports, Threads Archive”