Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2010 "Reports Only"

This area is for Archived Pier fishing reports so those interested can go back in time and see what was being caught. This area will include all Old Pier Threads and any other fishing report threads that are archived.
fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Re: Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2009

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Hit the pier yesterday from 6am-5pm.....didn't see much variety of fish caught, but out on the T at least, small macs (most in the 1 to 2 lb range) were being caught off and on most of the day. I did see a couple of blue runners come up too, but for the most part, it was just macs, macs, and more macs. They were there feeding on the glass minnows, so crappie jigs seemed to be the preferred bait of the day!! I'm not sure what was being caught up in the surf as I fished the T or close to it all day.

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

Today wasn't bad fishing. Early about 6 or so bonita were caught. Then 3 keeper cobia came up along with a few shorts(Plenty others lost). Then from the early after noon on bluefish, jacks, mackeral, runners, and ladys were pretty thick. Some sharks lost in the middle of that. We could see blacktips busting all in the blues, that was sick to watch. Then in late after noon to dark blues continued to eat. So of course we fished for sharks. Chris and I both fought and then released black tips. His around 70 pounds mine in the 90lb range. That ended the day.

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Nice report Ryan.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

Thanks it was a cold but nice day.

malibuminix
Old Salt

Post by malibuminix »

Nice to hear about fish being caught.

cantseeme47
KING MACKEREL

Post by cantseeme47 »

im dying to get out there
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

There wont be any cobia to be seen again until the water cleans up. The north win pushed down a lot of dirty water and so no more sight fishing. But there was bluefish and black tips in it.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

fishandchicks
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by fishandchicks »

ryan pm me ur number. i need to talk to u

fishaddict0916
Old Salt

Post by fishaddict0916 »

Here's a late report from Juno Pier for Sat the 9th...yes, I am crazy, but I fished from 6am to 3pm in the rain and cold wind! You know it's cold when you catch a fish and purposely hold it in your hands to warm your hands!! When it's 40 degrees outside, you'd be surprised how warm a fish feels that just came out of 70 degree water!! Anyway, there were a few other brave souls out there and the bite was just OK....nothing fantastic....but the sp macs were hitting off and on most of the day on crappie jigs. Out on the T, I didn't see much else caught except sp macs and a few blue runners. I did here rumors that they were catching some whiting up in the surf, and I did see one guy pull up a bluefish just as I was leaving.
HPIM4950.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

the oriental army was out in full force today catching boofish. I caught probably 30 of em on a yo-zuri popper. Lots of spinners chewin on em too and a buddy of mine went 1/3 and chris was 0/1. I'm going back out tommorow but bringing out the avet to swim a shark bait on. Couple nice pompano caught too and one pod came through while I was there, the ring popped out of the 2nd guide and the power pro cut throught the frame on the flip and the fish broke off one the one fish I hooked, everyone else got worked or cut off cause of the googans that won't move when you've got a 5lb pompano on 8lb shooting at the pier and 30ft down the pier. :thumbdown:
-Nick

Ryan71
Old Salt

Post by Ryan71 »

Nick you need to stick to mono on your little spinning rods. Thats the 4th time youve broken ur rod in a 6 month period.

snookslayer08
Weekend Warrior

Post by snookslayer08 »

Tippies are solid! Went 7/10 between 4-7pm. Got 1 little 3 1/2 footer, 2 4 footers, 1 5 footer and a nice 6-7 footer that decided he was gonna run across the front and get everyones runner rigs. I got him turned but a little to late. Then some black guys wanted to keep him and tried to net em but I said f that and popped him off then cut my line right above all the runner rigs and left cause I was out of wire. i lost 1 little guy a jumped a decent 4-5footed and had fricken tank roll on my bait as I was reeling it in and jacked the sh!t out of him but the hook pulled cause I didn't let him eat, he just inhaled it and turned. They're alot of fun on a little MXL but it's amazing how I can button the drag down and still turn the big boys. there were some macs, and 1 pompano caught.
-Nick

inshoreguy
Weekend Warrior

Post by inshoreguy »

Stopped by the pier today around 2:00 pm. Spanish macks were everywhere. Lots of big fish with some smaller one mixed in. Walked back to the truck grabbed my rod and had my limit by 3:30.
water looked great. Macks were chewing on all the usual stuff. Jigs, spoons, gotchas or just about anything else.

Lots of black tips around also.

Another bit of good news, the pomps were biting pretty good right off the beach just south of the Jupiter inlet. Saw several caught between 12:00 and 1:30 while working on a rooftop on the beach.

tight lines to all.

Tony2
Weekend Warrior

Post by Tony2 »

snookslayer08 wrote:Tippies are solid! Went 7/10 between 4-7pm. Got 1 little 3 1/2 footer, 2 4 footers, 1 5 footer and a nice 6-7 footer that decided he was gonna run across the front and get everyones runner rigs. I got him turned but a little to late. Then some black guys wanted to keep him and tried to net em but I said f that and popped him off then cut my line right above all the runner rigs and left cause I was out of wire. i lost 1 little guy a jumped a decent 4-5footed and had fricken tank roll on my bait as I was reeling it in and jacked the sh!t out of him but the hook pulled cause I didn't let him eat, he just inhaled it and turned. They're alot of fun on a little MXL but it's amazing how I can button the drag down and still turn the big boys. there were some macs, and 1 pompano caught.

Thanks for the reports! Can I ask you why is it necessary to always mentions someones race or color in your reports? "Blacks" "orientals".

JunoChris
KING MACKEREL

Post by JunoChris »

Is there a problem with saying a black guy is black? or an oriental person is oriental? What about saying a white person is white?
I dont see the problem its not like they were slurs. This thread is for reports if you dont like how he words his reports send Tommy a PM or call the ACLU.
ILSFA Member and Record Holder
Team Blackbart

frentals
KING MACKEREL

Post by frentals »

JunoChris wrote:Is there a problem with saying a black guy is black? or an oriental person is oriental? What about saying a white person is white?
I dont see the problem its not like they were slurs. This thread is for reports if you dont like how he words his reports send Tommy a PM or call the ACLU.
Agreed :D
facebook.com/landsharkfishing
youtube.com/landsharkfishingtv

CubanExpress
Boatlessfishing.com FORUM SPONSOR

Post by CubanExpress »

LOL

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Agreed here as well.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

westcoast
Seasoned Fisher

Post by westcoast »

that's nice but let's stick to fishing
California-Florida fisherman

Goat
Seasoned Fisher

Post by Goat »

Fished the pier tonight dark till 8:30. Bluefish and sharks. Still lots of action when I left.

BoatlessFisherman
Fisherman - Owner - Administrator

Juno Fishing Pier Reports 2010 "Reports Only"

Post by BoatlessFisherman »

Thanks for your Fishing Reports for 2010
-Tommy A-

click, click, click, Fish ON - Over, Under, Over, Under Get out of my Way. Sound familiar.

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Went out yesterday morning with FF73. Met Juno Chris walking into the pier. Saw some guys catching Blues but they were small. Went to the T and the triple tails were thick at the South corner of the T. Juno Chris brought up a 5+ lb right away. Saw some small BTs crusing so FF freelined a blue but they werent intrested. Did not see much bait. Fished until 10 and decided to move.
We went about 2 miles South of the pier to a spot JC knew about. Beach was hot. Started catching fish right away. Mostly Blues 2 to 5 lbs. I got a 3 lb that buried a hook in my thumb. Meantime FF gets into a small BT on a Cabo 20. I dehook my fish and get the hook cut and through my thumb. I gave FF a hand landing and releising his 4 foot BT. Next cast I get my first pomp. About 2 lbs. JC was working the beach South and about 500 yards down he gets a pomp. As soon as he does a comercial boat moves in and drops a net right on his spot. Just before JC started working the beach South. One of the guys who was there when we arrived gets into something big. Turns out to be a 15lb Triple tail. He's fishing a baited jig on a FF rig. FF gets into another Shark for about 15 min and gets cut at the beach.

We decide to move a little further South to try and get into the pomps with no luck.

We went back to the first beach spot. No luck so we decided to check the pier one more time. The Mac bite was on fire. From what we were told it turned on about 1:00. We got there about 1:30. Fished until about 4:00. JC got 1 nice TT, 1 Pomp, and a bunch of Blues. FF got 2 BTs 30+ macs but released everything under 2 lbs. I got 1 Pomp (My first) 6 Blues, And 5 Macs. kept 3. Sorry no pics.
I also got an extra rod. About an hour after FF gets home he calls me and asks (How long have you been a cleptomaniac?) I reply most of my adult life why? He says I left with 4 rods and came home with 5. FF brought 4 rods I brought 2. Juno has a 3 rod limit so I carried one of his rods in. I thought I was carring one of his rods out. FF called juno to let them know whats up. Looks like I will be going back to Juno sooner than I thought.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

bolo
USER BANNED

Post by bolo »

Great report Crash. :thumright: Too bad I couldn't join you guys.
The Judge asked the prostitute, "At what point did you realize you were raped?"
The prostitute replied (wiping away tears), "When the check bounced."

crashmister
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by crashmister »

Bolo: Next time Dude! Besides you will probably get the macs for your somker.
Nice Boat! Now get it outa my driveway!

Boca Jetty Rat
GOLIATH GROUPER

Post by Boca Jetty Rat »

Great reports. Akkkk I'm stuck at work untill monday. I want one of them Blacktips for the dinner table, some pompano would be nice too, and triple tail.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

great report PAT be carefull with the hooks :D

james380
........POST HO........... "I post for FREE"

Post by james380 »

Great report Crash. Triple Tail are supposed to be pretty tasty right?
What were you guys using while on the beach?
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
- Charlton Heston
"Truth is treason in an empire of lies." - Ron Paul
In the beginning god created Evolution.

permitchaser
BLACK FIN TUNA

Post by permitchaser »

thats a good deal go with 4 back with 5 :mrgreen:

rshields
GOLIATH GROUPER